Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Chooses An Agent

I dont know how to take it, but it worries me some:

http://sportsillustr...?sct=nfl_t2_a13

Luck choose his uncle as his agent and Luck will be his FIRST client and FIRST NFL client of an existing agency. Didn't I hear he was working with Condon? Now this? I just dont know if family is the best choice and furthermore someone with zero experience as an NFL agent. Tiger Woods anybody?

Thoughts?

I personally think he made a big mistake because of not having any NFL experience. He could have gone with someone besides Condon if he didn't want or Condon didn't want the controversary between the 2 QB's. I would have gone with a proven NFL agent. Unless there is going to be trouble with him not wanting to come to the Colts then maybe that could be the reason he chose a family member. I guess time will tell whether this was wise or not. Good luck Andrew hope you made a good decision.

Could also be that Condon wouldn't take him because he already represents Peyton kind of like attorneys not taking 2 clients involved with the same case. JMO of course.

That's just further proof that Luck does not want to sit behind Manning. I saw in an interview with RGIII that he said he would be honored to have the same agent as Peyton Manning, the things he could learn about contracts and incentive clauses would only get him better prepared to sign on the dotted line.

Man, this Luck guy is just over-hyped. Didn't Leaf have an uncle that was an agent as well.

That's just further proof that Luck does not want to sit behind Manning. I saw in an interview with RGIII that he said he would be honored to have the same agent as Peyton Manning, the things he could learn about contracts and incentive clauses would only get him better prepared to sign on the dotted line.

Man, this Luck guy is just over-hyped. Didn't Leaf have an uncle that was an agent as well.

I would be fine with RGIII if the Colts had to take one or the other, only if RGIII was taken with the first pick from a trade down. I think #1 overall is a reach.... But despite me wanting the trade down and neither of those QB's, RGIII is just saying the right things to get draft #1 overall! You will like my thread I am going to post, I have a 4-5th round QB sleeper, who is coming out this year that I am very big on, and could be Peyton's eventual replacement... his name is Brock Osweller!

I would be fine with RGIII if the Colts had to take one or the other, only if RGIII was taken with the first pick from a trade down. I think #1 overall is a reach.... But despite me wanting the trade down and neither of those QB's, RGIII is just saying the right things to get draft #1 overall! You will like my thread I am going to post, I have a 4-5th round QB sleeper, who is coming out this year that I am very big on, and could be Peyton's eventual replacement... his name is Brock Osweller!

I live in So Cal, so we get a lot of Pack 10 ball. Osweiler is intriguing but man he turns the ball over a lot. Drops it down a bit much during his drops and as he's reading the field. ASU was not a good football team overall so it's hard to know how well he would have done had he had a supporting cast. But he needs to get a lot better at presnaps reads, going through his progressions, his internal clock, and technique.

Personally, I think he could be a capable back-up but it's pretty gutsy to say he could be an eventual replacement for Manning.

I havent seen much of Brock but me personally would rather have Case Keenum as a late round pick but I gonna have check Brock out.

As far as Luck choosing his Uncle this me says to Mr. Irsay-Im NOT coming to Indy. but hey thats just me.

I live in So Cal, so we get a lot of Pack 10 ball. Osweiler is intriguing but man he turns the ball over a lot. Drops it down a bit much during his drops and as he's reading the field. ASU was not a good football team overall so it's hard to know how well he would have done had he had a supporting cast. But he needs to get a lot better at presnaps reads, going through his progressions, his internal clock, and technique.

Personally, I think he could be a capable back-up but it's pretty gutsy to say he could be an eventual replacement for Manning.

I saw a better version of Joe Flacco, more mobile, more confident, better intangibles. I think Osweller is someone who could sit and learn for 4 years, thats all anyone is going to be if Manning is a Colt, so I see him as having the most upside, and yes it is extremely gutsy.

I havent seen much of Brock but me personally would rather have Case Keenum as a late round pick but I gonna have check Brock out.

As far as Luck choosing his Uncle this me says to Mr. Irsay-Im NOT coming to Indy. but hey thats just me.

That's exactlly who I liked, however; I feel strongly about Osweller and didn't think he was coming out until next year... check this kid out..

There are a lot of agents out there, and selecting the same one as Peyton Manning would make no sense for him. Colts fans may feel warm and fuzzy with the idea, but what benefit would there be to him?

The uncle may be a wierd choice, but the guy does have a wealth of sports management experience, and so does Lucks father. At least he can be confident that the man will give him his full attention, and have his best interests at heart - and the fact that his uncle parlayed it into a job with a larger company certainly helps the "family" overall. And that company has tons of resources and experience in the sports world. The fact that he is their first football client is largely irrelevant short term because the salary is pre-determined anyway. But there is a whole world of things out there that his uncle may concentrate on for him which other agents (including Peytons) would just pass on to an assistant.

With the new CBA, aren't the rookie contracts (including top 10 picks) close to set in stone anyway? Do you need an NFL saavy agent for one of those contracts? He isn't going to get a contract like Stafford did anymore.

Yep....Cam Newton got 22 million...all guaranteed. By most estimates, Luck will come in at around 24-26 million.

His uncle's involvement probably tilts more toward endorsements, appearances and such.