Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to target Whitner/Harris

Luck for President

Who here believes since we are on a streak of signing former first round picks (Anderson DT and Sims LB) that we should continue the streak and get Harris and Whitner. I think Whitner would be the perfect fit to help stop the run from the safety spot and help add depth to the SS position. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. GO BLUE

Who here believes since we are on a streak of signing former first round picks (Anderson DT and Sims LB) that we should continue the streak and get Harris and Whitner. I think Whitner would be the perfect fit to help stop the run from the safety spot and help add depth to the SS position. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. GO BLUE

Going to get no argument on Whitner. The man just has a nose for INT's and is a thumper in the box. I would love to sign him and make that our last FA signing. Save the rest of the cash for what Polian already said: "Three priorities next year... Reggie, Mathis, Garcon".

Going to get no argument on Whitner. The man just has a nose for INT's and is a thumper in the box. I would love to sign him and make that our last FA signing. Save the rest of the cash for what Polian already said: "Three priorities next year... Reggie, Mathis, Garcon".

I can agree with that all the way. I'll just take whitner then hopefully get some deals done with our guys.

Ditto, I'm all for us signing Whitner! That would seriously make my day! And year... Not too sure about Harris, though. If he'd sign for vet minimum then I say, 'sure, give him a shot'. I think I'd rather see us sign Pat Williams to a one year contract, though. We could just put him into the game in situations where the opposing team is trying to run it down our throats and eat clock, and the rest of the time let Moala, Nevis, Johnson, and Foster take care of business. I don't think the undrafted DT free agents or Mathews are gonna make the team. Pressley won't either if we sign another DT. I'm thinking of the Jamaal Anderson signing as a DE backup instead of DT backup. When the opposing team is in 'run it down our throats' mode, Freeney needs to come out of the game and put in Anderson. Mathis is a good run stopper, but Freeney is a liability against the run. Williams could be our big run stopper DT for this season, then we can let him go in the offseason (since he's like 38 years old) and address the need in the draft.

I like whitner dont get me wrong but i doubt we would get him becuase of Bullit. I am very surprised we are even targeting any FA'S..I would like to see Franklin from the 49ers come over but i know i am reaching.. Still a + because the guys we have gotten in FA are low risk high reward type of guys. Anderson especially will get signifigant playing time at DT/DE...more so on first downs as DE to stuff the run and 3rd n long as a pass rushing DT aka Raheem Brock 2.0. Last 2 years the coaching staff is taking freeney out on first downs at times because of lack of run discipline and using him on 2-3 downs. I would like to see Anderson in those positions

I like whitner dont get me wrong but i doubt we would get him becuase of Bullit. I am very surprised we are even targeting any FA'S..I would like to see Franklin from the 49ers come over but i know i am reaching.. Still a + because the guys we have gotten in FA are low risk high reward type of guys. Anderson especially will get signifigant playing time at DT/DE...more so on first downs as DE to stuff the run and 3rd n long as a pass rushing DT aka Raheem Brock 2.0. Last 2 years the coaching staff is taking freeney out on first downs at times because of lack of run discipline and using him on 2-3 downs. I would like to see Anderson in those positions

I think that is the perfect use for him. Turn him lose at DT on 3rd down and watch him go and have him block passing lanes with his size 6 6.

sign em both up..its not like were stacked @ either position right now

harris will b cheap and "could" return to a bad mother

whitner wont b cheap but is a bad mother

although i think CB is our biggest concern as of now..really not wantin 2 give up 2 all the asante chatter either..but he was just a meager 4th rounder