Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Top 8 Priorities For Pick Number 18

Okay, here's the rules...

We'll assume these 10 players are certainly going to be gone by 18... Of course nothing is guaranteed in the draft, but for argument's sake, let's assume these 10 will be out of reach:

QB

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

RB

Ezekiel Elliot

OL

Laremy Tunsil

Ronnie Stanley

DL

DeForest Buckner

Edge

Joey Bosa

LB

Myles Jack

DB

Jalen Ramsey

Vernon Hargreaves

So if these 10 are gone, if you rank your top prospects for our pick 1 - 8, we would be guaranteed to land at least one of them no matter what the 7 picks beforehand are. We would take the one left with your highest ranking, but you could definitely get someone on the list. 

Here is mine off the cuff, maybe I'll refine the list later:

1. Jack Conklin - really high on this guy's ability, I think he's got what it takes to be a plus player in the NFL as well as an immediate starter at guard or tackle.

2. Andrew Billings - is an impact player at NT, would be helpful in collapsing the pocket. 

3. Robert Nkemdiche - rare athlete, character issues are a concern.

4. Sheldon Rankins - my one hesitation is I'm not sure whether he's really a good scheme fit, but he might fit in some way and I think he's going to be a good player at the next level.

5. Ryan Kelly - warming up to the idea of taking a center in round 1, although I doubt Grigson would do that.

6. Vernon Butler - I like the guy's movement skill for his size, that's rare and you can't coach it. 

7. Taylor Decker - I'd be fine with Decker if the Colts staff likes him enough.

8. Noah Spence - Obviously concerns exist here on the character side, but he could wind up being the best (or at least one of the best) edge rushers in this (admittedly weak) draft.

16 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Okay, here's the rules...

We'll assume these 10 players are certainly going to be gone by 18... Of course nothing is guaranteed in the draft, but for argument's sake, let's assume these 10 will be out of reach:

QB

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

RB

Ezekiel Elliot

OL

Laremy Tunsil

Ronnie Stanley

DL

DeForest Buckner

Edge

Joey Bosa

LB

Myles Jack

DB

Jalen Ramsey

Vernon Hargreaves

So if these 10 are gone, if you rank your top prospects for our pick 1 - 8, we would be guaranteed to land at least one of them no matter what the 7 picks beforehand are. We would take the one left with your highest ranking, but you could definitely get someone on the list. 

Here is mine off the cuff, maybe I'll refine the list later:

1. Jack Conklin - really high on this guy's ability, I think he's got what it takes to be a plus player in the NFL as well as an immediate starter at guard or tackle.

2. Andrew Billings - is an impact player at NT, would be helpful in collapsing the pocket. 

3. Robert Nkemdiche - rare athlete, character issues are a concern.

4. Sheldon Rankins - my one hesitation is I'm not sure whether he's really a good scheme fit, but he might fit in some way and I think he's going to be a good player at the next level.

5. Ryan Kelly - warming up to the idea of taking a center in round 1, although I doubt Grigson would do that.

6. Vernon Butler - I like the guy's movement skill for his size, that's rare and you can't coach it. 

7. Taylor Decker - I'd be fine with Decker if the Colts staff likes him enough.

8. Noah Spence - Obviously concerns exist here on the character side, but he could wind up being the best (or at least one of the best) edge rushers in this (admittedly weak) draft.

I like your first pick, I also like Kelly. I haven't looked much into D.

aiight i'll play

1. Andrew Billings-Pretty much exactly what you said. Will help collapse the pocket along with fixing the run defense. Makes our Dline a strength on the team

2.Taylor Decker-Yeah I realize I probably overrate him a lot, but I really like this guy. He's big AND mobile, which tells me he'd do well in our ZBS scheme. Would solidify RT and would allow us to focus a bit more on D in the future.

3. Darron Lee-Still gotta do some research on him, but liking a lot of what i'm seeing so far from him. He's a good tackler and not bad at coverage at all. I think he could be a great leader on defense

4. Noah Spence-Used to absolutely love this guy and thought we HAD to take him at 18. His red flags have kinda turned me off though. Still a good player and easily the best PURE pass rusher in this draft.

5. Mackenzie Alexander-Would probably be higher if we hadn't had gotten Robinson, but having a stacked secondary certainly helps. People say he's overrated due to lack of picks and deflections, but that's cause no one throws to him

6. Jack Conklin- Not as high on him as other people (heck i'm probably the only one who'd take Decker over Conklin) but Jack is still good. He'd fix RT as well. (note if we select Conklin, we better get Allen as well so our line can have three Jacks)

7. Reggie Ragland- Kinda overrated (actually really overrated) but he's really great at tackling. Would fix the run defense immediately. Great instincts. Can compete right away. Just don't ask him to go into coverage.

8. Leonard Floyd- Another good pass rusher. But he still needs a lot of coaching. I think he has the potential to get to double digit sacks, just don't expect it year one.