Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name one player you do NOT wanna see the colts draft at 18

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two that I can't decide between. Ezekiel Elliott and Robert Nkemdiche. I don't like either one of them for different reasons. Elliott because he's an rb and he has some character issues I don't like about him. He's the type of guy who throws his teammates under the bus and blames others when the team fails. Nkemdiche is far worse because he's overrated as a player and has a ton of red flags. Why he would go anywhere in the first three rounds is beyond me, these teams and scouts never learn about these types of players, then it blows up in their face and they get suspended 3 or 4 times in 3 years before they are off the team. I'm pretty open to drafting anyone that can improve the team, but if we take one of these two in the 1st, I'm probably going to end up in jail for some reason on draft night.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There are two that I can't decide between. Ezekiel Elliott and Robert Nkemdiche. I don't like either one of them for different reasons. Elliott because he's an rb and he has some character issues I don't like about him. He's the type of guy who throws his teammates under the bus and blames others when the team fails. Nkemdiche is far worse because he's overrated as a player and has a ton of red flags. Why he would go anywhere in the first three rounds is beyond me, these teams and scouts never learn about these types of players, then it blows up in their face and they get suspended 3 or 4 times in 3 years before they are off the team. I'm pretty open to drafting anyone that can improve the team, but if we take one of these two in the 1st, I'm probably going to end up in jail for some reason on draft night.

What are the red flags with Nkemdiche other than the partying and falling out of a window?

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

What don't you like about Decker I would be fine with him or Conklin either one would help our o-line problem.

He's really not a 1st round talent IMO. He's on the same level as Jason Spriggs who is a second round prospect. He's also not as versatile as Conklin who could play LT, RT, or guard. He also doesn't have that nastiness you like to see in OL. And lastly, he's just not that good. He's been embarrassed by some top pass rushers in college. Conklin has handled everyone they threw him up against, including Bosa and Buckner.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

He's really not a 1st round talent IMO. He's on the same level as Jason Spriggs who is a second round prospect. He's also not as versatile as Conklin who could play LT, RT, or guard. He also doesn't have that nastiness you like to see in OL. And lastly, he's just not that good. He's been embarrassed by some top pass rushers in college. Conklin has handled everyone they threw him up against, including Bosa and Buckner.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

What are the red flags with Nkemdiche other than the partying and falling out of a window?

Well, you gotta admit that the possibility that he wont live long enough to see playing time is a pretty big red flag. Had he been a story or two higher...bloop, dead.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

He's done marijuana on a drug possession charge (I believe that's the right drug), and he's just completely overrated as a player. The latter is something you just have to watch on his tape. He threw Tunsil under the bus to try and get the pressure off of him. He was suspended from the Sugar Bowl. He is lazy on the field and takes plays off, kinda like Clowney, except he is much less talented and is more questionable than Clowney (this is coming from someone who is very low on clowney). The guy is an absolute joke.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

What don't you like about Decker I would be fine with him or Conklin either one would help our o-line problem.

He was rated the 79th best pass blocker for his play last season.
 Maybe they did a bad job assessing him?
  So he was only the 20th best. No thanks.
 He is really tall and has similar stiffness like Castonzo and Mewhort. Please, No More of that ___!!
 Get a guy with little more junk in his trunk that also has some athleticism. Please!!

24 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Ragland bashers : Better hope this guy doesn't land in the AFC South if Colts can't grab him.

People just don't think he can cover that's why they don't want him. They're obsessed with getting a coverage LB that probably isn't that great of a run defender because they think it'll stop TEs from going off on us. I'd take Ragland over Lee or Jones.

Noah Spence and Reggie Ragland. 

Spence isn't worth the risk at 18, and even if he had no red flags, I wasn't really impressed with him. Decent player, but not the game changer everyone is making him out to be. Just because he is one of the best OLBs in this draft class doesn't make him a great player. I only see that as a further indictment of just how bad this OLB class is. 

Ragland would be fine if we didn't already have two big run stuffers (Irving and Jackson). But we do. So Either DQ is riding the pine, or Ragland is. otherwise we would be lit up in the pass game. I also think Moore and Irving could be good players given the chance, so why replace them?

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't understand the dislike of Ragland on here. He's not my first choice but he will be a fine NFL player more than likely. 

I think because people dont think hes a dominate force. more of a guy that just does his job really well, but doesnt take over games