Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Coaches Are Left?

Exodus

My Priorities;

Coach. No wimps. No hotheads. Bold, smart, assertive, intense but self controlled. No alcoholics.

Defensive line needs 2 players better able to hold the line for qb.

Talk to Payton - if 100% healthy and eager to rock, do we need a replacement?

If Peyton wants to cash out, QB must be #1 draft pick.

A new fast receiver would be great.

It must be nice having such awesome choices! Enjoy!

So ive been following all the firings for the past few days. Who's left? Who may go next?

And whats the new regarding John Teerlinck? He is my favorite position coach the Colts have ever had, is he likely to stay?

Well this is what I've seen or heard:

Head Coach Out

WR coach out

O-line Coach Out

DC Out (during the season)

Special Teams Coach Out

Secondary Coach leaving for a new job

Linebacker coaching thinking about retiring/our fill in DC (Mike Murphy)

That means at least our QB Coach (Ron Turner), OC (Christensen), RB coach (not sure of his name), replay coach (Tressel), and D-line coach (Teerlinck) are still in place for the time being. We could wake up tomorrow and see all of htem have been fired some of them have been fired or it could happen when the new coach comes in or some might be kept.

Also I am sure there other coaches I"ve missed.

Looks like we started with 19 or so, so there's a ways to go:

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches.html

I'm amused by the fact they already removed Jim Caldwells name, but not Ray Rychleski (or todays terminations).

Well in fairness they said Rychlski's contract would not be renewed it could be his contract has not run out yet.

As for the others I don't know maybe they are waiting to do them all at once?

What about chip kelly? there is some talk of chip kelly might be interviewing sometime this week or early next week for the HC job. those of you who dont know who he is, hes the HC at oregon university. hes a balanced coach. runs a fast paced offense, likes to run the ball with two different running backs, but mixes it up with a deep throwing game. his defensive style is somewhat like the colts, about speed but thats more with the outside linebackers and DB's as with the MLB and DL he keeps big to stop the run. only bad thing i really see is he likes mobile QB's and for those of us who want Luck in indy will prob get the opposite and end up with RG3. thats the downside. but the upside is if the coltss get permission to talk to saints OC bring him in as the OC and spags as the DC, Kelly as the HC. could be a lethal team next year and the draft could be nice. Lamichael james and Andrew Luck in colts uniform anyone? use the rest of the draft to get defensive players.