Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Peyton?

ace_6900

I live in Arizona now, i listen to Yahoo radio, Fox, RADIO, nad ESPN RADIO all i have heard from all of them is that we will cut Peyton. All the moves so far is towards rebuilding and PM is not part of COLTS plans. Are you in Indiana hearing anything different, and i do not care about what Rob Lpwe tweeted LOL.

Rob Lowe says Manning is retiring, we all know Rob Lowe is the most valuable source of information on the universe. His skills as a horrible actor speak for itself. Rob Lowe is the universe. When Medusa stares at someone, they turn to stone. When Rob Lowe stares at Medusa, the world turns to dust.

Mike and Mike also said it this morning. They all say with the Polians gone Caldwell gone there is noone left that knows the offense except PM. aLSO everything they are doing is pointing towards rebuilding. Then Saturday comes out and says he is thinking of retiring makes me wonder, i know it will kill us this year but they are plain stupid if they do not trade him instead of cut him but i still would like to see him back. Colin Cowherd, Dan Patrick, Doug and Wolf {a local broadcast team on espn and gambo and burns another local show all think these moves signal the end of PM in Colts blue.

B ut get this they yhink he will come to the Cardinals to play with Fitz.

Honestly, even here that is really all you hear. Most writers in the area and media believe Peyton probably wont be back. There are a few radio guys that arent sure and really wont put there next out, but it seems that most people in the media inside and out side indy think Peyton wont be back. That said, in this whole process there really hasnt been alot of media people getting anything right. So, lets just sit back and see. No one really knows what Irsay, Grigs, and Peyton are going to do. I used to think it comes down on Peytons health. But, now I am not to sure if that is true or not anymore.

Letting him go seems like a more logical option than keeping him and Luck and having so much cash and salary cap dollars tied up in one position.It isn't what people want to hear but it makes the most sense.

It is the more logical answer however, there is more than logic that is going to go into this. I know Dungy has been wrong alot about the Colts but he does know how Jim Irsay works better than anyone else in the media and like he said Irsay makes calls with his heart as much as he does his head. I am not saying Irsay wont release him but I do think Irsay is going to look at his from more than just a pure football logic standpoint.

There are so many rumors, I've chosen to stick with what I know. Both Manning and Irsay have said all along they both want Peyton to finish his career in Indy. I believe they will figure out how to make that happen. What makes the least sense is to let a healthy Peyton play for any other NFL team.

I believe the real question is, "Can Peyton get healthy enough to still play?"

There are so many rumors, I've chosen to stick with what I know. Both Manning and Irsay have said all along they both want Peyton to finish his career in Indy. I believe they will figure out how to make that happen. What makes the least sense is to let a healthy Peyton play for any other NFL team.

I agree I think the only way Peyton is not with the Colts next season is if he cannot play at all anymore

This is a tough issue. Peyton will be 100% next season, but he is past his prime and he really doesn't have anything new to prove. I would keep and play him to see how it goes. Obviously if he is on fire we go with him. But I think it is smart to look at draft QBs and talent for our Defensive line. I am sick of our QBs getting clobbered. So don't bother having a QB at all if we can't protect him. See New England's Defensive line. Tom has all day to throw.

Mike and Mike also said it this morning. They all say with the Polians gone Caldwell gone there is noone left that knows the offense except PM. aLSO everything they are doing is pointing towards rebuilding. Then Saturday comes out and says he is thinking of retiring makes me wonder, i know it will kill us this year but they are plain stupid if they do not trade him instead of cut him but i still would like to see him back. Colin Cowherd, Dan Patrick, Doug and Wolf {a local broadcast team on espn and gambo and burns another local show all think these moves signal the end of PM in Colts blue.

This guys want something to talk about so they always lean towards dramatic change.

"Peyton is saying in Indy" is not story...'

they keep talking about a Manning trade even though that's not possible right now...

This is a tough issue. Peyton will be 100% next season, but he is past his prime and he really doesn't have anything new to prove. I would keep and play him to see how it goes. Obviously if he is on fire we go with him. But I think it is smart to look at draft QBs and talent for our Defensive line. I am sick of our QBs getting clobbered. So don't bother having a QB at all if we can't protect him. See New England's Defensive line. Tom has all day to throw.

Thats stretching it. . we don't know if Peyton will be 100% next season. Only time will tell.

Golic thinks Peyton will be retained and draft Luck too.

Rob Lowe says Manning is retiring, we all know Rob Lowe is the most valuable source of information on the universe. His skills as a horrible actor speak for itself. Rob Lowe is the universe. When Medusa stares at someone, they turn to stone. When Rob Lowe stares at Medusa, the world turns to dust.

Rob Lowe created chuck norris....

on topic: March 8th is the target date. until then, there will be ALL kinds of rumors and reports. What will happen is what will happen....i just want us to win however it may be.

Letting him go seems like a more logical option than keeping him and Luck and having so much cash and salary cap dollars tied up in one position.It isn't what people want to hear but it makes the most sense.

Completely agree. I think there is more of a chance Peyton is cut or retires rather than keeping him. Do you realize how much money we would save if we didnt have his contract on our hands anymore. We could actually load this team up around Andrew Luck by getting some impact players in FA like Carl Nicks.

but I do think Irsay is going to look at his from more than just a pure football logic standpoint.

And he better does so...

Sometimes I think though that all these changes in a span of just a very few days are also intended to wear down / demoralize Manning a bit. It's just a thought and I very much hope a wrong one - but releasing all of them in that due course is not what I think has been necessary.

My dream is to keep Peyton and to surround him with "leadership" that takes some shots every now and then, just doing something different than only being conservative all the time. For example a defense that does not play the bend but don't break style but which takes it chances to give Manning (or any other QB) the ball back as soon as possible so that he not always has to fight opponent's defense but also the clock.

I trust Irsay that he makes the Manning decision a "family decision". And you never ever cast out family!

Whether we like it or not it is a strong possibility. Just from the finances alone 51million to the qb position in 2012, and this coming off spending 31 million on it in 2011. Cap hits ranging from 22 to 27 million on the quarterback position over the next 4 years.

Keeping both is going to be tough, not to mention that only one will be on the field at the time.

I agree this will be an Irsay decision on Manning, Grigson is new and we aren't familiar with his tactics yet. Grigson has no attachment to PM and the rest of the team like Irsay and the Polians did. Thats why all this firing of staff and front office people is making me worried that Irsay may also be trying to lessen the guilt of having to let PM go and move in another direction. I would love to see Manning back after all he's done for this organization but if he doesn't return I'd rather see him just retire as a Colt, Seeing him in another uniform would make me sick to my stomach.

I live in Arizona now,

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. : )

All the moves so far is towards rebuilding and PM is not part of COLTS plans.

I understand Peyton not returning to Indy if there is some physical reason, but other than that, what kind of plans can they have that don't include a Hall of Fame quarterback? I know they can draft Luck, but I'd hate to see Peyton moved out to make room for Luck - remember Ryan Leaf?

Thats stretching it. . we don't know if Peyton will be 100% next season. Only time will tell.

I would bet a nickel he is already 100%. I also think he is thinking about the rest of his life and would rather not risk a permanent neck injury since he's a dad and towards the end of his football career anyway. I think he would like to stay on staff with the Colts, but just not have all the focus on him. I know I would be concerned about possible re-injury and possible permanent paralyzation. It's just not worth it. I think his wife feels this way too.

I think it is better stated "Can Peyton convince Jim Irsay that he can get healthy enough to still play.."

March 8 to the opening of camp is a lifetime. Peyton may not have to prove he is 100% to Irsay

by March 8. He may only have to show him that he has made significant progress in order to be kept on roster.

I think it is better stated "Can Peyton convince Jim Irsay that he can get healthy enough to still play.."

March 8 to the opening of camp is a lifetime. Peyton may not have to prove he is 100% to Irsay

by March 8. He may only have to show him that he has made significant progress in order to be kept on roster.

I don't think it's going to be up to Peyton it's going to be up to doctors. They are the ones who are probably going to make the call on this one in terms of Peyton's health.

Past his prime huh. I bet he called and told you that. Speak for yourself.

And QBs are protected by Offensive Line not defensive line.

I don't think it's going to be up to Peyton it's going to be up to doctors. They are the ones who are probably going to make the call on this one in terms of Peyton's health.

True, true.

For the record, I just don't see Jim Irsay allowing him to go anywhere else if he is considered "Dr cleared" for playing again. Irsay will also

be (my guess) figuring in the revolt many ticket holders *may* have if he lets Peyton play for another team. That could adversly affect ticket sales

which could somewhat offset the price of paying him for the current contract.

Worth the gamble? I'm very glad i am not in his position at this point. Truly a tough call.

Rob Lowe is brilliant. He had become completely obscure, and then with one tweet (because he knows PM), be was able to resurrect his popularity for 2 weeks. Easiest popularity boost EVER. Tonya Harding could do the same thing, but she would just make a "skeptical" of herself.

Rob Lowe is very good on Parks and Rec, so he's not obscure....

But in other news...

343417_normal.gif

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Add the Arizona Cardinals to mix of teams that includes Dolphins, Jets and Redskins expected to be interested in Colts QB Peyton Manning.

7 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

mortreportChris Mortensen

Matt Flynn to #Dolphins? Sources say Dolphins will monitor health & availability of Peyton Manning above any other QB, #staytuned