Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Statement From Jim Caldwell

MTC

I think we lose contact with the human element during times like these. Some of the posters here have talked about JC like he stole their wife. I feel for him but I'm sure with his connections and experience, he'll be just fine.

you can the greatest guy in the world, but that doesnt mean beans to us fans if your not winning. just ask andy reid how the fans feel about him haha

you can the greatest guy in the world, but that doesnt mean beans to us fans if your not winning. just ask andy reid how the fans feel about him haha

Yea but the last I heard Andy Reid still has a job. :hide: You can correct me if I'm wrong it's hard to keep up with everything now days. haha

Some of the posters over the past couple of weeks have been simply viscious and mean spirited. When I look at what's available for replacement, I see many that I would regard as worst choices than Jim Caldwell as head coach and very few that would be any better. Mr. Caldwell is a class person and will turn this change into one for the better.

"I wish the Colts, my coaching staff, our players and the loyal Colts fans, who were very supportive, much continued success in the future.”

Now I feel bad.

Let's take that statement and pair it with this photo:

61_spCOLTS10.185214-248x300.jpg

"I wish the Colts, my coaching staff, our players and the loyal Colts fans, who were very supportive, much continued success in the future.”

^ I don't feel bad about him being fired. For all we know, he was giving us the middle finger when he was issuing that statement. It's the Internet, so we can't pick out any sarcasm or nonverbal (not like he'd have any nonverbal to begin with).

Let's take that statement and pair it with this photo:

61_spCOLTS10.185214-248x300.jpg

^ I don't feel bad about him being fired. For all we know, he was giving us the middle finger when he was issuing that statement. It's the Internet, so we can't pick out any sarcasm or nonverbal (not like he'd have any nonverbal to begin with).

haha

He was never the QB coach for Painter...

Hey!!! Let's look and see who the quarterback coach was when Painter was with the team. How's that fail at sarcasm feeling right now?

Obviously he wasn't the QB coach for Painter but then again you would assume that a former QB coach would be working more in the development of your starting QB during the season would you not?

Obviously he wasn't the QB coach for Painter but then again you would assume that a former QB coach would be working more in the development of your starting QB during the season would you not?

I am sure he was. With that said, I don't think Painter was that good to start with. You can only coach a player up so much. At some point they have to have enough talent. Also if Caldwell was doing all the coaching of the QBs why have a QB coach?

Look at how much Caldwell has to do as the head coach. He probably wouldn't do very much with the quarterbacks.

I am sure he was. With that said, I don't think Painter was that good to start with. You can only coach a player up so much. At some point they have to have enough talent. Also if Caldwell was doing all the coaching of the QBs why have a QB coach?

Nobody said he was doing all the coaching, but some burden has to fall on his shoulders doesn't it?

Nobody said he was doing all the coaching, but some burden has to fall on his shoulders doesn't it?

You can make a case that everything should fall on the head coach at some point because he's the head coach. With that said it's passing the buck a little bit over the QB coach. That's like saying it's the Principal's fault when a teacher struggles with teaching a student. Is it really the Principal's fault or is it more the teacher? Also if the student isn't very good to start with is it even really the teacher's fault? Like I said before I think the bigger issue with Painter was that he was just not very good to start with.

Now with that said Curtis Painter wasn't the only problem Caldwell had when he was here which is why he lost his job. I just don't think it's fair to say well Curtis Painter wasn't a good player and that's all Jim Caldwell's fault because he was the head coach.

I will miss Caldwell as a person but not as a Head Coach. I wouldn't mind him coming back in a lesser role such as O Coord (not a fan oc Christiansen at all). He has the locker room and is a genuinly good person from what I read. He had his share of bad calls as a HC but you can't argue the success we had with him on our staff prior to Dungy retiring (I can not check how long that was due to wiki being down but I assume it was for a few years). Good luck to Caldwell. I hope he gets another shot in the future and that he makes the most of it.

You can make a case that everything should fall on the head coach at some point because he's the head coach. With that said it's passing the buck a little bit over the QB coach. That's like saying it's the Principal's fault when a teacher struggles with teaching a student. Is it really the Principal's fault or is it more the teacher? Also if the student isn't very good to start with is it even really the teacher's fault? Like I said before I think the bigger issue with Painter was that he was just not very good to start with.

Now with that said Curtis Painter wasn't the only problem Caldwell had when he was here which is why he lost his job. I just don't think it's fair to say well Curtis Painter wasn't a good player and that's all Jim Caldwell's fault because he was the head coach.

Touché, but if the principal in all of the classes and actively participates in the teaching process and yet the student still fails to learn, then the blame should be put on both the Teacher and the Principal whereas my point lies.But I'll agree that Painter wasn't the best (still using the school analogy) student.

Touché, but if the principal in all of the classes and actively participates in the teaching process and yet the student still fails to learn, then the blame should be put on both the Teacher and the Principal whereas my point lies.But I'll agree that Painter wasn't the best (still using the school analogy) student.

We don't know if Caldwell was in all the QB meetings you are assuming he was. Again if Caldwell was coaching the QBs we wouldn't have had a QB coach on the staff.

We don't know if Caldwell was in all the QB meetings you are assuming he was. Again if Caldwell was coaching the QBs we wouldn't have had a QB coach on the staff.

As far as I know many coaches with offensive coaching roots actively participate in QB meetings. Payton, Jim Harbaugh, Garrett, McCarthy, Shannahan and Turner take part in the QB meetings. You're right , I'm only assuming but if I had to make a bet.....

As far as I know many coaches with offensive coaching roots actively participate in QB meetings. Payton, Jim Harbaugh, Garrett, McCarthy, Shannahan and Turner take part in the QB meetings. You're right , I'm only assuming but if I had to make a bet.....

I believe that we are forgetting Polian in the whole ordeal. I truly believe Polian was said "principal" and that Caldwell was doing what the principal said... just in a lousy manner. He wasn't a good coach, but he was a solid motivational person. He got his players to learn and to trust into him even if he made ample mistakes. Polian made the mistake in believing he was bigger than the team (in my mind) but I also believe Caldwell was less than adequate. Caldwell was a classy enough person where people wanted to save his job but he didn't have enough coaching talent to save his own job.