Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Torine, Strength And Conditioning Coach Fired

chad72

I suppose that you are going to tell us that most injured defense and one of the most injured teams is a strong resume for a strength and conditiong coach?

I'm not saying it is and I'm not saying that you were wrong, but I don't see how this vindicates anything. The new GM is cleaning house.

I'm not saying it is and I'm not saying that you were wrong, but I don't see how this vindicates anything. The new GM is cleaning house.

From my perspective, the injuries suggested that he wasn't doing a good job. The firing is just the capstone of a lackluster performance with our organization.

I would agree, just the firing might not indicate anything, but there are other markers of poor peformance. Thus far we can't say that anyone who has done a good job, has been fired.

I like to think that it goes something like this...

:D Perhaps perhaps.

Really, what is the point of a meeting at this point. What is the point of Grigson investing the time pretending to get to know people and trying to make nice before throwing them out the door. The house is being cleaned - just get it over with. I'm not sure that it would be a great career move for anyone to stay anyway.

Exactly I think when it's all said and done one or two people on the coaching staff MAY keep their jobs. This is what happens when a new GM comes in they clean out just about all of the old staff.

Weird....I just got fired by Grigson and I don't even work for the Colts in any capacity.

Look out. Once Grigson fires the staff, he's visiting this board and bringing his ban hammer with him. He wont take kindly to your comment, good sir.

Good grief. Alot of us felt these coaches needed to go, just never thought i'd see the day.

Agreed! I guess we all weren't as "negative" as some of those "blue kool aid drinkers" tried to have us believe. Those "all is well" jedi mind tricks weren't working on us and they sure as heck ain't fooling Grigson. He is thoroughly cleaning house up in this muddah.

Should we fans be a little worried that they might fire the whole fan base? ;). But Irsay and Grigson are on a roll. I guess it is really out with the old and in with the new.

It's all good right now...everybody boosting up Grigson for his role as the hatchet man to the coaching staff after a 2-14 season. But if ultimately he ends up being the guy who essentially "fires" Peyton Manning, watch how suddenly fans will revile the man.

It's all good right now...everybody boosting up Grigson for his role as the hatchet man to the coaching staff after a 2-14 season. But if ultimately he ends up being the guy who essentially "fires" Peyton Manning, watch how suddenly fans will revile the man.

As said before, some of us felt these people need to go years ago, we are just happy to see someone has the balls to cut them. I complained year in and year out about the same coaches that needed to go. Now that I see Grigson can make the calls, let's see how he builds this team.

Irsay was pretty clear that Peyton is a family decision. Grigson does not have firing power over Peyton.

Agreed! I guess we all weren't as "negative" as some of those "blue kool aid drinkers" tried to have us believe. Those "all is well" jedi mind tricks weren't working on us and they sure as heck ain't fooling Grigson. He is thoroughly cleaning house up in this muddah.

They must keep telling Grigson the same line of crap they handed Colts fans all year that they should keep doing what they've been doing. Practice was going great and they are not gonna change anything cause what they are doing works. LOL Thats what got them all fired because what they were doing sucked and they didnt change!

When a Lion takes over a pride, he usually kills all the cubs so that he can be assured that it's his DNA that thrives going forward.

So what about the fact that Grigson is firing people gives you confidence that your negativity was justified? It just means that Irsay is more reactionary than he appeared to be, and Grigson is more teritorial than he claimed to be. I don't find either observation particularly comforting.

When a Lion takes over a pride, he usually kills all the cubs so that he can be assured that it's his DNA that thrives going forward.

So what about the fact that Grigson is firing people gives you confidence that your negativity was justified? It just means that Irsay is more reactionary than he appeared to be, and Grigson is more teritorial than he claimed to be. I don't find either observation particularly comforting.

Those are the QUALITIES of a WINNER.

Exactly this is what happens when new managment comes in. They clean out a large chunk of the old staff and sometimes good people get caught in this (note I am not saying all these people were good at their jobs). A great example of this would be when Jim Mora was brought in. You know who our DC was at the time? Jimmie Johnson. The same Jimmie Johnson who went on to build one of the best defenses in the league with the Eagles. New coaches and GMs tend to want their own staff.

Frankly this is the first complete turnover we've seen since Jim Mora was brought in. When Caldwell was brought in he was brought in so there wouldn't be major turnover and when Dungy came in we saw a turnover on defense but even Dungy has said he didn't want to touch the offense.

Those are the QUALITIES of a WINNER.

No, those are usually the qualities of someone who is insecure. We're supossed to be more evolved than lions (or Bengals for that matter).

So you want him to pee on everything in the building to mark territory as well? Lions do that too.

No, those are usually the qualities of someone who is insecure. We're supossed to be more evolved than lions (or Bengals for that matter).

So you want him to pee on everything in the building to mark territory as well? Lions do that too.

If it means we get more SB'S,then sure...why not.We can just have JIM BOB COOTER clean it up.

Exactly this is what happens when new managment comes in. They clean out a large chunk of the old staff and sometimes good people get caught in this (note I am not saying all these people were good at their jobs). A great example of this would be when Jim Mora was brought in. You know who our DC was at the time? Jimmie Johnson. The same Jimmie Johnson who went on to build one of the best defenses in the league with the Eagles. New coaches and GMs tend to want their own staff.

Frankly this is the first complete turnover we've seen since Jim Mora was brought in. When Caldwell was brought in he was brought in so there wouldn't be major turnover and when Dungy came in we saw a turnover on defense but even Dungy has said he didn't want to touch the offense.

Exactly. And I didn't know about Johnson, thanks for torturing me.

In reacting to MBCDs offensive declaration it probably looks like I think that all the coaches are wonderful. In fact I have no idea, and no way of knowing. But that doesn't change the fact that their terminations likely has very little to do with their performance.

This just in...Grigson fires himself.

Firing people after a 2-win season is not so telling of his judgement.

I am very interested to see who he hires to lead the team from here forward.

I'm thinking he is looking at one of the assistants that are still in the playoffs?

I haven't heard of any interviews for head coach yet.

May still be too busy conducting "exit interviews" with the coaching staff.

This just in...Grigson fires himself.

Firing people after a 2-win season is not so telling of his judgement.

I am very interested to see who he hires to lead the team from here forward.

I'm thinking he is looking at one of the assistants that are still in the playoffs?

I haven't heard of any interviews for head coach yet.

May still be too busy conducting "exit interviews" with the coaching staff.

We have an interview with the Titans DC set up for tomorrow I think and we have gotten the okay to talk to the Saints OC as well. With that said I don't think we can rule out anyone in the playoffs but of the teams left none of those coaches seem to be "hot" names for coaching jobs. That doesn't mean the Colts might not be interested in one of them though.

The "clean house" quickly process that is now going on really is a direct and proper follow-up to firing Caldwell. Any new headcoach will want to build his own staff, not inherit one. It actually is the best thing for those staff members because it is highly unlikely the new headcoach would want to keep them. Being let go now give them the opportunity to possibly get a job with another team before all of the subordinate coaching openings in the league are filled. Dungy even commented on this when talking about Caldwell being released.

My observation is it is funny in an amusing way to have certain posters dissecting and disapproving of everything Grigson is doing after two weeks on the job. These same posters always defended Polian no matter how insane or dictatorial his actions might be. Give Grigson a chance and evaluate his moves after at least a year. After all we gave Polian at least ten years before we dared (or allowed by the old board) to criticize him.

My observation is it is funny in an amusing way to have certain posters dissecting and disapproving of everything Grigson is doing after two weeks on the job. These same posters always defended Polian no matter how insane or dictatorial his actions might be. Give Grigson a chance and evaluate his moves after at least a year. After all we gave Polian at least ten years before we dared (or allowed by the old board) to criticize him.

Yeah,...i know.They change their minds faster than their shoes.

That's 4 people within 24hrs.

Irsay made the call on Caldwell and the other major coaching positions. He said that Grigson would evaluate the coaching staff and then make a recommendation to him.

And could you name the 4 people? From who that I've heard that has been fired, he hasn't done much. Don't overhype Grigson, he is just a GM. He has no where near the power the Bill Polian had when he was president of the colts, or at least not equal to it.

Brock Lesnar is looking for a new job.

There was a short period of time when Lesnar was interested in playing football and Dungy took a interest in him. I believe he was a Viking for 1 offseason and was cut as the regular season started. I found him in the Madden roster once.

Irsay made the call on Caldwell and the other major coaching positions. He said that Grigson would evaluate the coaching staff and then make a recommendation to him.

And could you name the 4 people? From who that I've heard that has been fired, he hasn't done much. Don't overhype Grigson, he is just a GM. He has no where near the power the Bill Polian had when he was president of the colts, or at least not equal to it.

It's been Caldwell, John Torine, Pete Metzelaars, Frank Reich, and now Rod Perry today.

Why is this a surprise to anyone? Haven't we all asked why the Colts are subject to so many injuries? If you haven't, you haven't been paying attention.

Some people talk because they have something to say. Other people talk just because they want to say something.