Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs' Justin Houston might miss 2016 season after ACL surgery

bayone

So, the best-case scenario sees Houston returning near the beginning of the season. The worst-case scenario sees Houston missing the entire year.

"We're hoping, just because of his work ethic and he's been a fast healer in the past, we're hoping that's not the case, that he'll be able to play this season," said head coach Andy Reid, per The Kansas City Star. "When and where that is, it's just too early to tell."

. It is not clear when exactly Houston sustained the ACL injury

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25526665/chiefs-justin-houston-underwent-acl-surgery-might-miss-the-season

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he cant play that would be a huge blow for KC.

Wile Wild West

no QB in Denver, Chargers need to rebuild, may just be an opening for Raiders

Then following year they can go to LA as winners

15 minutes ago, bayone said:

Wile Wild West

no QB in Denver, Chargers need to rebuild, may just be an opening for Raiders

Then following year they can go to LA as winners

So far on paper the Raiders look like they will be pretty good. I cant remember the last time they had a winning record. They may sniff 10 wins.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far on paper the Raiders look like they will be pretty good. I cant remember the last time they had a winning record. They may sniff 10 wins.

I think their secondary is still pretty suspect..unless I missed a couple of signings I'm still not sure they will be able to stop the pass. But they are certainly getting better.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

48 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think their secondary is still pretty suspect..unless I missed a couple of signings I'm still not sure they will be able to stop the pass. But they are certainly getting better.

they added  They added CB Sean Smith in free agency,

also are many a good ones available in first round if they choose that route and already made key OL & other D aquisitions

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, bayone said:

they added  They added CB Sean Smith in free agency,

also are many a good ones available in first round if they choose that route and already made key OL & other D aquisitions

Yeah...I really thought they were pretty weak at both corners and with Woodson retiring I know its a work in progress but I didn't see a big upgrade in the secondary yet. Sean is a good start I suppose although I think some on this board went a little overboard trying to make him out to be some shutdown corner. I will say you can see they are building things the right way...GM taking a page out of the GB book.

Also the demise of the Chiefs defense if Houston can't go early I think is a bit premature...after all he missed several games down the stretch and they basically didn't miss a beat until they ran into the Patriots.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...I really thought they were pretty weak at both corners and with Woodson retiring I know its a work in progress but I didn't see a big upgrade in the secondary yet. Sean is a good start I suppose although I think some on this board went a little overboard trying to make him out to be some shutdown corner. I will say you can see they are building things the right way...GM taking a page out of the GB book.

Also the demise of the Chiefs defense if Houston can't go early I think is a bit premature...after all he missed several games down the stretch and they basically didn't miss a beat until they ran into the Patriots.

Woodson is a loss no ?, experience, leadership & skills

I agree Smith aint no shut down corner 

i interesting item

hes  6-3, 215 pounds , their other CB   David Amerson  is also over 6 FT & 205 pounds, makes them the biggest CB combo I think, if get chemistry that may come into play

I agree they are building a team up, they got WR cooper last year, add another wideout for Carr to thow to &  can be dangerous esp if Cooper makes a 2nd year leap

3 minutes ago, bayone said:

Woodson is a loss no ?, experience, leadership & skills

I agree Smith aint no shut down corner 

i interesting item

hes  6-3, 215 pounds , their other CB   David Amerson  is also over 6 FT & 205 pounds, makes them the biggest CB combo I think, if get chemistry that may come into play

I agree they are building a team up, they got WR cooper last year, add another wideout for Carr to thow to &  can be dangerous esp if Cooper makes a 2nd year leap

They do have big corners. I didn't know they were that big. As long as they are fluid getting in and out of their break that's pretty nice to go up against the DT's in the conference. Carr is coming along nicely...although this will be his 3rd year (I know you knew that) so yes he is taking that step up I think. He should have a nice running game to complement what they add to the passing game.

Story says he hurt the knee in November....

He had surgery 5 weeks ago,  on Feb. 16th.  

We're just learning about this now.        I'd say Houston might be back by mid-season.....    but it's just as likely that he's out all year.       Yikes,   that's a blow to Kansas City....