Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Peyton!

bap1331

im kinda irritated about this whole "time to move on" stuff. i dont know about you guys but i am not waiting another 3-5 years to develop Andrew Luck and "possibly" make the playoffs. So what if we are trying to rebuild, as long as we have Peyton, we are good.

i dont see tom brady complaining about not having a defense. Theyre basically on rebuilding mode on defense too! Tom just does his job and works harder to score more points for his defense that isnt doing the job.

so lets stop with these "if", "Ands" or "buts". It is an honor for Luck to sit and learn from a legendary quarterback like peyton

if he leaves, hes just going to turn another organization around to a playoff contender with a FAIL stamp on the owners and general managers forehead. While we are stuck with a top 5 pick the next few years...

Take a step back and realize Brady is not 36 coming off 3 neck surgeries not 100% healthy. Also you're making a big assumption that it will take Luck 3-5 years to develop. #1 overall QBs are usually read to go day 1. They come in and have an impact right away.

Why do people start threads when there are IDENTICAL threads already? But here's what I posted in the other one:

And what if Manning is not 100% healthy in 7 short weeks? He's not 100% now and that date is fast approaching. Do you give a 28 million dollar bonus to Manning on the CHANCE that he will fully recover? That's a huge gamble and a big chunk of change that could be used to improve in other areas. That's why I think they are headed in the direction of releasing him. I hope he plays with Luck as backup but shouldn't we have heard some news of profound improvement in his recovery by now? If I were Peyton and my arm was close to normal arm strength I would be shouting from the rooftops that I will be back. No news in a long time on his recovery is what really concerns me and March 8 is practically right around the corner.

im kinda irritated about this whole "time to move on" stuff. i dont know about you guys but i am not waiting another 3-5 years to develop Andrew Luck and "possibly" make the playoffs. So what if we are trying to rebuild, as long as we have Peyton, we are good.

i dont see tom brady complaining about not having a defense. Theyre basically on rebuilding mode on defense too! Tom just does his job and works harder to score more points for his defense that isnt doing the job.

so lets stop with these "if", "Ands" or "buts". It is an honor for Luck to sit and learn from a legendary quarterback like peyton

if he leaves, hes just going to turn another organization around to a playoff contender with a FAIL stamp on the owners and general managers forehead. While we are stuck with a top 5 pick the next few years...

Well I guess there is nothing else to discuss.

a torn ACL/MCL and 3 neck surgeries are worlds apart

Manning was complaining about arm strength remember?

Sure, but his knee will never be as strong as it once was and is more prone to it tearing again. And your sarcasm is dually noted.

why so quick to dump off the 4 time leauge MVP for an unproven rookie? I think he deserves a chance to try and come back a colt, dont you?

Sure, but his knee will never be as strong as it once was and is more prone to it tearing again. And your sarcasm is dually noted.

why so quick to dump off the 4 time leauge MVP for an unproven rookie? I think he deserves a chance to try and come back a colt, dont you?

No sarcasm, Manning really was complaining about arm strength and comparing a knee injury to a neck injury affecting arm strength is completely different.

And to add to that, its not just a 4 time league MVP, its a 36 year old 4 time league MVP coming off 3 neck surgeries who has of Jan 18th right now is not 100% healthy.

I would love for Manning to come back healthy and return to his old form. It just hasn't happened yet.

Manning does deserve a chance to come back a Colt. On March 8th he is due a huge bonus. It's become sort of a deadline. We will need to know for sure by then that he has fully recovered. Irsay has paid Manning this year even though Manning didn't play. He paid him to evaluate his recovery. Before March 8th Irsay will have to decide if he is willing to continue paying an unhelathy Manning, which will adversely affect the team's cap situation. I think it's simple. If Manning is not healthy, we may be forced to cut him.

Take a step back and realize Brady is not 36 coming off 3 neck surgeries not 100% healthy. Also you're making a big assumption that it will take Luck 3-5 years to develop. #1 overall QBs are usually read to go day 1. They come in and have an impact right away.

Peyton played through the pain. His neck pain didnt start in the offseason. Brady has long had the shoulder pain so he may be facing some longterm problems soon.

Peyton used stem cells or whatever which is a rare form of surgery that only people with money can have. it was not a regular surgery anyone else would have. the outcome could be alot better possibly.

Peyton played through the pain. His neck pain didnt start in the offseason. Brady has long had the shoulder pain so he may be facing some longterm problems soon.

Peyton used stem cells or whatever which is a rare form of surgery that only people with money can have. it was not a regular surgery anyone else would have. the outcome could be alot better possibly.

Do you think his stem cell procedures will enable him to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

his loss of arm strength is more concerning

Even if he gets completely healthy, does anyone really believe that he could simply pick up where he left off? He has not thrown the ball in over than a year (and counting), and yet a lot of you still think he can just show up at camp, play lights-out as if nothing happened. Isn't it a tad bit naive to be thinking this will happen?

Regardless of the length of the layoff, it would take some time for any player to return to form after a severe injury - of course there are exceptions,but this is pretty much the norm. Unfortunately due to Manning's age, it is possible that he will never return to his old form. Age and inactivity tend to do this to people - it slows them down, both physically and mentally.

But let's go with the scenario a lot of you folks want to fantasize - the one where Manning is healthy 100% and gets cleared to play in 2012. Even in this rose-colored-glass scenario, it would realistically take 36-year old Manning about a year to get back into sound playing shape. So are you willing to pin all your SB hopes on a 37-year old QB? Would his favorite weapons still be around or would they still be at their prime? Would he have the same chemistry with the new staff as he had with the old? What if Manning gets injured again? Wouldn't this possibility be considered?

This is my first post here, but I check out this forum every now and on the topic of retaining Manning, popular opinion appears to be in favor of keeping Manning and . I just thought I'd post to voice my concern over this line of thinking. As short-sighted and flawed as this logic is, it's even riskier.

stem cells are known to make remarkable recovery or even cures for untreatable diseases. do some research on it

Mannings procedure was not FDA approved. It was basically a "hail mary" procedure. Don't spew stuff like Manning had some amazing, godly, treatment that will make him heal faster than the average human.

We live in an era where physicians are encouraged to practice ‘evidence-based’ medicine,” she told ABCNews.com in an email. “However, a sports superstar has the money and ability to travel anywhere in the world to receive an experimental procedure that is not based on any evidence that it works for his condition.”

Indeed, Dr. Lawrence Goldstein, director of the University of California-San Diego Stem Cell Program, said he was unaware of any stem cell approach that is proven to help “any sort of spinal issue.

“There are many proposed therapies that are being tested in clinical trials, and there are more to come,” Goldstein said in an email. “But in the absence of reliable evidence, it is impossible to know whether the ‘treatment’ will make Manning better or worse or merely financially poorer.

Even if he gets completely healthy, does anyone really believe that he could simply pick up where he left off? He has not thrown the ball in over than a year (and counting), and yet a lot of you still think he can just show up at camp, play lights-out as if nothing happened. Isn't it a tad bit naive to be thinking this will happen?

Regardless of the length of the layoff, it would take some time for any player to return to form after a severe injury - of course there are exceptions,but this is pretty much the norm. Unfortunately due to Manning's age, it is possible that he will never return to his old form. Age and inactivity tend to do this to people - it slows them down, both physically and mentally.

But let's go with the scenario a lot of you folks want to fantasize - the one where Manning is healthy 100% and gets cleared to play in 2012. Even in this rose-colored-glass scenario, it would realistically take 36-year old Manning about a year to get back into sound playing shape. So are you willing to pin all your SB hopes on a 37-year old QB? Would his favorite weapons still be around or would they still be at their prime? Would he have the same chemistry with the new staff as he had with the old? What if Manning gets injured again? Wouldn't this possibility be considered?

This is my first post here, but I check out this forum every now and on the topic of retaining Manning, popular opinion appears to be in favor of keeping Manning and . I just thought I'd post to voice my concern over this line of thinking. As short-sighted and flawed as this logic is, it's even riskier.

tom brady didnt play for a whole year and picked up where he left off. his injury was severe.

the trainers who saw peyton practicing recently said that his arm strength looked better then before

Lol oh my gosh, Manning was last quoted at throwing 85-90%

Peyton Manning is throwing at 85-90% and showing signs that the rest is conditioning, not nerve. Very positive.

Once again you are posting false information.

Mannings procedure was not FDA approved. It was basically a "hail mary" procedure. Don't spew stuff like Manning had some amazing, godly, treatment that will make him heal faster than the average human.

its not fda approved because stem cell research is not legal here. the fda? really? the fda told the people in thr south it was safe to eat the seafood after the oil spills. scientists completely disagreed.

stem cells have done amazing things and it does heal faster then average

tom brady didnt play for a whole year and picked up where he left off. his injury was severe.

Brady was 31 when he went down, not 35. Not that it would have mattered anyway - as ssarow repeatedly mentioned, Brady's injury does not affect his throwing ability. He also was surrounded by a better overall team.

People are believing this media way too much. Is it not true the first two surgeries were to prevent the third instead of having the third to begin with. They were alternatives that didn't work. Hit and misses, not major surgeries. The 28 million dollar or whatever the number is another media spin. This doesn't count against the Colts in any way shape or form. So unless I read extremely bad info then the truth is ONE major surgery, that saves careers, and around 7 million counting against the cap.

It seems like people are trying to convince themselves that Manning wont return in order to justify wanting to ship Peyton away.

Peyton wants to retire in indy and Irsay wants Peyton to retire in Indy, im wiling to bet Peyton retires in Indy. If they do draft Luck he will be sitting until then. Period.

It seems like people are trying to convince themselves that Manning wont return in order to justify wanting to ship Peyton away.

Peyton wants to retire in indy and Irsay wants Peyton to retire in Indy, im wiling to bet Peyton retires in Indy. If they do draft Luck he will be sitting until then. Period.

Ok, it sounds like you're one of those who seem to take it personally at the slightest suggestion that Manning is on his way out. Don't sweat it - I doubt there'd be a lot of teams out there willing to take the massive cap hit if they do decide to trade for Manning.

its not fda approved because stem cell research is not legal here. the fda? really? the fda told the people in thr south it was safe to eat the seafood after the oil spills. scientists completely disagreed.

stem cells have done amazing things and it does heal faster then average

only embryonic stem cells are illegal

that being said a single case makes the entire FDA null? So I should take as much of a dosage of an FDA approved drug as I want right? You know being that the FDA was wrong about some oil spill

He will get the chance. Irsay said over and over he wants Manning as long as he is healthy. What are you complaining about?

I think we need to think about all of the possibilities out there, but reading the posts for couple days, it seems like a lot of people wants to start over with Luck.

Colts' options are:

1. Draft Luck and have him sit behind Manning for 1 or 2 years.

2. Trade Manning and draft Luck (more than 90% chance that this will not happen)

3. Release Manning and Start fresh with Luck

4. Keep Manning (IF healthy) and trade picks for future picks

I think option #1 and #2 is highly unlikely.

#3 is what a lot of people are saying on this forum, not too many people are discussing option #4 and I'm just curious to know people's take on this.

We also need to factor in Wayne, Mathis, Saturday's contract situations and other positions like TE and CB too. Colts have a lot of holes to fill-in and only to focus on qb situation will not help this team in any way. It would be just looking at the tree, and not the entire forest.

Complaining? Why are you being ignorant? Ssarow seems to feel Manning doesnt. The question was for ssarow it wasnt a statement.

Manning will get his chance no matter ssarow's answer. Im sure he thinks Manning deserves it but what's most important is that whatever action is best for the franchise should happen. I happen to think a healthy Manning should be retained and its for the best.

Just so we know the story about peyton retiring is false, denied by his agent and his dad.... as for moving on... what I'm worried is pettiness health and the term 3 strikes and your out comes into mind. I'd love for peyton to come back but right now it doesn't look like that will happen, but if it does that's great.

And the pats aren't going through the same thing the colts are going through.

Don't forget, it was Peyton that had the clause put into his contract. It was Irsay that wanted to pay Peyton more. Remember.......Lucas Oil Stadium is the house that Peyton built and last of all remember that Peyton and Irsay will make whatever decision is best for the Colts.......no one.....NO ONE....loves the Colts more than those two.

There are going to be some people on this forum that will need to be placed on 24 hour suicide watch (if/when) Manning gets released. IMO, its coming and the signs are pretty obvious. Remember, Irsay all but said Caldwell deserved another chance too and we all see where that went.

There are going to be some people on this forum that will need to be placed on 24 hour suicide watch (if/when) Manning gets released. IMO, its coming and the signs are pretty obvious. Remember, Irsay all but said Caldwell deserved another chance too and we all see where that went.

Considering Manning win, and well, Caldwell seems to loose.. thats not even relevant.

The only way Manning leaves is if he retires. Since he's probably not retiring, there's no way Irsay is letting the man walk. Re-negotiate, maybe.

Its possible he does retire, but even if he don't, I could see him asking for his release. He may want no part of the rebuilding process and I don't blame him if he don't.