Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex Colt & Charger -Donald Brown now a Patriot, Charges President John Spanos says he is perfect signing for Pats

bayone

They just make these signings to grab headlines. They once signed Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai from the Colts, and being that we were a rival of theirs, this makes sense. They once signed Tim Tebow, Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, and that Olympian sprinter - none of them were a good fit, but they made for great headlines.

My guess is this Donald Brown signing falls into the same category of failed signings.

10 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

They just make these signings to grab headlines. They once signed Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai from the Colts, and being that we were a rival of theirs, this makes sense. They once signed Tim Tebow, Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, and that Olympian sprinter - none of them were a good fit, but they made for great headlines.

My guess is this Donald Brown signing falls into the same category of failed signings.

That's right, they signed Donald Brown to "grab headlines". Lol

Sometimes some you guys put way too much into what the Patriots do. Donald Brown does fit into what the Patriots do. They dink and dunk passes to their RBs and Brown does that pretty well. I highly doubt that the Patriots give a hoot where he has played if they think he can better their team.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sometimes some you guys put way too much into what the Patriots do. Donald Brown does fit into what the Patriots do. They dink and dunk passes to their RBs and Brown does that pretty well. I highly doubt that the Patriots give a hoot where he has played if they think he can better their team.

as per article

Brown's one-year, $965,000 contract suggests he will have a good chance to make the final roster on his own merits, though, as the new deal comes with $300,000 in guarantees.

With a high-cut build more closely resembling a wide receiver, Brown is never going to be a bowling ball between the tackles. His game tape from 23 touches in the 2015 regular-season finale, however, showed an elusiveness in making multiple Broncos defenders miss tackles en route to 91 yards.

--

People remember he isnt being brought in to start , but to sub for Dion Lewis as needed

also with relative limited use in San Diego over his 2 years there save that last game ,  he has relative fresh legs as per Spano to be used in a Patriot multi back substitute rotation 

On March 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I swear, Kraft just up to his dirty tricks against us...

Kraft has always been a wolf in sheep's clothing. Anything to upset the Colts, he'll try his best to achieve it, whether on the field of play or not. 

I don't mean to speak ill of a former Colt in Brown, but let's just say Donald will never be mistaken for say Edgerrin James or Corey Dillon from back in the day. I don't foresee him gaining huge chucks on the ground for Foxboro personally. 

He was always a nice guy & a complete professional as an athlete though. I've gotta give him that. 

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

With a healthy James white or dion lewis,  brown will not see a third down very often.  

Maybe. Lets revisit that in 6 months...folks said he'd never get on the field in San Diego last year either..

....and he was a big factor in the final game

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe. Lets revisit that in 6 months...folks said he'd never get on the field in San Diego last year either..

....and he was a big factor in the final game

He was only in the game because the chargers were ravaged with injuries.   Brown is a nice utility player.  He won't be a big factor in NE

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He was only in the game because the chargers were ravaged with injuries.   Brown is a nice utility player.  He won't be a big factor in NE

True....and starting running backs never get hurt.

I would bet you that a vet, a good pass blocker and a secure ball carrier...he will be a factor as the season goes on