Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would Be The Bigger Story?

Go Blue Horseshoe

A Manning hoists the Lombardi Trophy after winning the Super Bowl in Indy, and his name isn't Peyton.

Tom Brady and the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl in Peyton's house.

Baltimore, the city that the Colts used to call home, comes to Indy and wins the big one.

Jim "Captain Comeback" Harbaugh wins Super Bowl XLVI!

Fixed it for you.

I'd have to go with Baltimore winning it. That would be poetic for their fanbase.

A Manning hoists the Lombardi Trophy after winning the Super Bowl in Indy, and his name isn't Peyton.

Baltimore, the city that the Colts used to call home, comes to Indy and wins the big one.

The 49ers win Super Bowl XLVI!

I will have to agree with Rusty, and say that Baltimore winning a championship in Indy would be the biggest story . . . the 49ers have already won 5 SBs, and the two stories (and inluding a third with Jim Harbaraugh) are all stories of individual players whereas at the Baltimore story is a frachise wide story . . .

I will have to agree with Rusty, and say that Baltimore winning a championship in Indy would be the biggest story . . . the 49ers have already won 5 SBs, and the two stories (and inluding a third with Jim Harbaraugh) are all stories of individual players whereas at the Baltimore story is a frachise wide story . . .

If that happens, I think we all should demand that while the team is free to travel back to Baltimore, they have to leave the trophy and SB awards in Indy where they were won.

The 49ers win Super Bowl XLVI!

Good question....

the bigger story would be one Harbaugh Brother beating the other..(ugh..Please God..No!!_)

but of your choices..the biggest story would be the NEW YORK MANNING winning in the house of his brother.. choice No. 1

The biggest story would have to be tom brady actually winning a trophy without an *ASTERISK*(Big Ol' fancy word for cheating) next to it.He's yet to do so.

Nope. They still steal signals like every team. Just with pen and pad is all.

Boy,that must be tough!Since their scout members can no longer followe people(ex;warner)into the JOHN with cameras.They must be working super hard these days trying to figure out a new way to cheat.I keep thinking of the music video by 'JANE'S ADDICTION'>>>'BEEN CAUGHT STEALIN'.I wonder if 'BB' did that in opposing team clubhouses.The only difference instead of stealing pineapple's its signals and playbooks.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 20, 2012 - double post
Hidden by Nadine, January 20, 2012 - double post

Boy,that must be tough!Since their scout members can no longer followe people(ex;warner)into the JOHN with cameras.They must be working super hard these days trying to figure out a new way to cheat.I keep thinking of the music video by 'JANE'S ADDICTION'>>>'BEEN CAUGHT STEALIN'.I wonder if 'BB' did that in opposing team clubhouses.The only difference instead of stealing pineapple's its signals and playbooks.

Or second loss.3-2 doesn't look as good as 3-1.If they face the giants,then they will once again lose.

I'm glad you think so since you've been wrong about every prediction I've seen you make since you joined here! :thmup:

The biggest story would have to be tom brady actually winning a trophy without an *ASTERISK*(Big Ol' fancy word for cheating) next to it.He's yet to do so.

My goodness a "Spygate" reference... how original! I'm sure that "stealing" defensive signals had a lot to do with the Patriots holding Manning and the Colts' high-powered offense to three points back in '04.

Oh and do you have a link or something that shows the asterisk next to Super Bowls 36, 38, and 39?

Weak, weak sauce. The whiny ramblings of a bitterly jealous rival fan.

Did you know this about longtime Colts assistant Howard Mudd?

And (Jimmy) Johnson reiterated his previous statement that he believes what the Patriots did -- violating NFL rules by videotaping the opposing coaches' signals -- is commonplace. Johnson also said he did it himself."

"Specifically, Johnson said Howard Mudd, the Colts' offensive line coach, "was the best in the entire league at stealing signals" when Mudd was an assistant to Marty Schottenheimer with the Kansas City Chiefs from 1989 to 1992.

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/09/29/jimmy-johnson-howard-mudd-was-the-best-in-the-entire-league-at/

God knows though, during his 11 years with the Colts I'm sure he NEVER, EVER would have done such a thing! :lol:

Good question....

the bigger story would be one Harbaugh Brother beating the other..(ugh..Please God..No!!_)

but of your choices..the biggest story would be the NEW YORK MANNING winning in the house of his brother.. choice No. 1

You are right about the brother vs. brother thing. That is going to be crazy if two brothers face off as coaches in the Super Bowl.