Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Metzelaars And Frank Reich Relieved Of Coaching Duties

PatMcAfeeFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never liked the idea of a TE coaching the o-line to start with.

If Saturday does retire maybe the Colts should look at him as the new o-line coach. Unlike calling for Manning to be the OC or HC when he still wants to play I do think a retired Saturday taking over as a poistion coach would make some sense.

I never liked the idea of a TE coaching the o-line to start with.

If Saturday does retire maybe the Colts should look at him as the new o-line coach. Unlike calling for Manning to be the OC or HC when he still wants to play I do think a retired Saturday taking over as a poistion coach would make some sense.

I would want him to be an assistant first. Being a good player and a good teacher aren't precisely the same things.

Thank god!I'm not sure 'why' we thought a career back-up TE would make an excellent O-LINE coach to begin with.

Uh...he was the starter at Buffalo for years, with Jim Kelly...he strength was his blocking ability but he was a tremendous 3rd down target because of his size. I remember a LOT of those games.

It's fine if you don't like a player. But don't make comments that are blatantly false.

What do you mean "hardens Manning's position on the $28 million"?

Many people had been talking about Manning & the Colts renegotiating the $28 million to reduce the cap hit the Colts are at risk for, but then I just saw Schefter's article about Manning refusing to negotiate. I think my statement was correct, but after the fact was reported elsewhere.

I was pretty sure that he was clueless when he lost his qb coaching job.

If that's the case, then why did we see Frank and Peyton talking so much together on the sidelines?? I think he actually made a much better QB coach than a receivers coach. Again, if you don't like a person, fine. But don't make statements that are just blatantly untrue.

They moved him to receivers coach, right? I never got why we had a QB coaching the WRs and a TE coaching the OL.

I figured this whole staff is going to be in the unemployement line.

The reason Metzelaars was moved to the O-line coach was that his strength during his playing days was his blocking abilities. He worked with Howard Mudd for a few seasons, and Mudd liked him.

It's sad to see so many people taking "potshots" on this thread and making comments that are ridiculous and simply not true. Hey, I expected pretty much a wholesale changing of the guard, but if you are going to make comments how about backing up those comments with facts and/or sound reasoning?? It makes me take your "argument" a lot more seriously...

It's sad to see so many people taking "potshots" on this thread and making comments that are ridiculous and simply not true. Hey, I expected pretty much a wholesale changing of the guard, but if you are going to make comments how about backing up those comments with facts and/or sound reasoning?? It makes me take your "argument" a lot more seriously...

Ha!

It's hard for some of us to bring in facts with Wikipedia on strike!

If that's the case, then why did we see Frank and Peyton talking so much together on the sidelines?? I think he actually made a much better QB coach than a receivers coach. Again, if you don't like a person, fine. But don't make statements that are just blatantly untrue.

I don't know if it is blatantly untrue. He was fired.

Many people had been talking about Manning & the Colts renegotiating the $28 million to reduce the cap hit the Colts are at risk for, but then I just saw Schefter's article about Manning refusing to negotiate. I think my statement was correct, but after the fact was reported elsewhere.

Ok...uninformed media speculation, which seems to be synonymous with the Colts these days, started the nonsense that they might push back the date or renegotiate. It is not possible to do under the new CBA.

On topic, I'm not surprised that Metz and Reich are gone. However, the OL has shown improvement under Metz and the WR always looked prepared and solid under Reich. This is more of a standard house cleaning that completely performance based. Pretty much purging the Colts of all things JC. I'm surprised Clyde isn't officially gone yet for the same reason.

The reason Metzelaars was moved to the O-line coach was that his strength during his playing days was his blocking abilities. He worked with Howard Mudd for a few seasons, and Mudd liked him.

Not everyone realizes that the TE is part of the O-line and blocking scheme for a lot of formations. We're just used to having Clark who doesn't block at all.

I don't know if it is blatantly untrue. He was fired.

That's exactly my point. People are making statements on here like "he was clueless" or "he was a career backup". If you don't know and yet post those things, it tends to make me ignore the rest of the post and future posts.