Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I wonder what the statue will look like, should be pretty cool to see. Probably Peyton standing there in passing motion with a football in hand??

Uh huh. That's how I will remember 18: A beautiful spiral on a long pass to Marvin for a touchdown. 

 

Harrison & Marvin were a machine back in the early days like shooting fish in a barrel. Pure poetry through the air.  The great ones always make the complicated look so darn simple don't they? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

how has this thread about a legend in the era we live in who played for us for the majority of his career, set records for winning percentage, playoff appearance, won us are first superbowl since the 70s and basically set a level of dominance that is not seen very often, how has this thread degenerated in to basically a joke column, pretty disrespectful in my opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. That's how I will remember 18: A beautiful spiral on a long pass to Marvin for a touchdown. 

 

Harrison & Marvin were a machine back in the early days like shooting fish in a barrel. Pure poetry through the air.  The great ones always make the complicated look so darn simple don't they? 

Peyton to Marvin the best combo ever!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

how has this thread about a legend in the era we live in who played for us for the majority of his career, set records for winning percentage, playoff appearance, won us are first superbowl since the 70s and basically set a level of dominance that is not seen very often, how has this thread degenerated in to basically a joke column, pretty disrespectful in my opinion

I made a joke about Trent but if your Post is directed at me that is really unfair because I always have Peyton's back and know what he has meant to the city. I think what is disrespectful is when People Post that this isn't that big of a deal that Peyton is coming here tomorrow to have a presser because it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton to Marvin the best combo ever!

Absolutely right my man. Those 2 had a magical connection just like Montana & Rice back in the 80's. 

 

I'm really glad Marvin Harrison will finally be getting his yellow jacket in August too. Nice. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I made a joke about Trent but if your Post is directed at me that is really unfair because I always have Peyton's back and know what he has meant to the city. I think what is disrespectful is when People Post that this isn't that big of a deal that Peyton is coming here tomorrow to have a presser because it is.

not directed toward you know but i was just going through all the comments and majority are jokes, or people saying they are upset that it was not an announcement about a trade or something, one guy even sayd its not news to him having peyton return

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

 He gave a perfect retirement speech in Denver on March 7th. Very difficult to top since it was impeccable in every way: humor, tone, humility, & history. 

 

I completely agree, and was thinking the same thing earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

not directed toward you know but i was just going through all the comments and majority are jokes, or people saying they are upset that it was not an announcement about a trade or something, one guy even sayd its not news to him having peyton return

Thanks for clarifying because I did crack a joke about Trent and Toler so I didn't want it to seem unclassy regarding the Thread. I love Peyton as you know by my Posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gramz said:

I completely agree, and was thinking the same thing earlier.

Thanks Gramz. Great minds think alike. I was completely blown away by Peyton's composure, clarity, & humor. One of the best farewell speeches I've ever heard in my life. Peyton seized the moment, traveled outside of it like an out of body experience, injected surreal humor about his kids, & used a Forrest Gump line to calmly put out the unfounded accusation rumor mill. It was so graceful & dignified in the way it totally shut that reporter down. I was awe struck. Peyton could give lessons on how to turn a scandal into a strength making the reporter not Peyton look petty & childish. I loved it. 

 

Peyton's HOF speech will be next level; earth shattering stuff Gramz. Sorry Peyton ole buddy, but you raised my expectations into a whole new stratosphere now. You'll knock it outta the park. Trust me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks Gramz. Great minds think alike. I was completely blown away by Peyton's composure, clarity, & humor. One of the best farewell speeches I've ever heard in my life. Peyton seized the moment, traveled outside of it like an out of body experience, injected surreal humor about his kids, & used a Forrest Gump line to calmly put out the unfounded accusation rumor mill. It was so graceful & dignified in the way it totally shut that reporter down. I was awe struck. Peyton could give lessons on how to turn a scandal into a strength making the reporter not Peyton look petty & childish. I loved it. 

 

Peyton's HOF speech will be next level; earth shattering stuff Gramz. Sorry Peyton ole buddy, but you raised my expectations into a whole new stratosphere now. You'll knock it outta the park. Trust me. 

The Tom Hanks of Football!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. That's how I will remember 18: A beautiful spiral on a long pass to Marvin for a touchdown. 

 

Harrison & Marvin were a machine back in the early days like shooting fish in a barrel. Pure poetry through the air.  The great ones always make the complicated look so darn simple don't they? 

Harrison & Marvin?  aren't they the same person?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Virtuoso80 said:

Harrison & Marvin?  aren't they the same person?

Yes, there are. I made a typo. It happens to everybody even me. My proof reading skills on the forum do suffer from time to time. I will own that. :hat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Tom Hanks of Football!

To alter Tom Hanks's saying in the 1992 film 'A League of Their Own,' "There's no crying in baseball!" [or football] unless you are being honored for transcending the game from 1998-2016. Okay, when Brett Favre's dad died & #4 played the game of his life vs the Raiders, I was cool with a QB getting choked up too. 

 

That flick still holds up even today BTW. Some timeless lines in there that always make me chuckle. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

how has this thread about a legend in the era we live in who played for us for the majority of his career, set records for winning percentage, playoff appearance, won us are first superbowl since the 70s and basically set a level of dominance that is not seen very often, how has this thread degenerated in to basically a joke column, pretty disrespectful in my opinion

 

Thats a long sentence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yea nothing real "major" considering this was reported to be happening on the 18th like 2 weeks ago,i guess for those who dont check up on the news of the team everyday than sure,but even right after his retirement speech there were talks of this being in the works for the 18th.Still will be happy to tune in but hard to be excited about something   I already knew was happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Absolutely right my man. Those 2 had a magical connection just like Montana & Rice back in the 80's. 

 

I'm really glad Marvin Harrison will finally be getting his yellow jacket in August too. Nice. 

 

Not to throw a fly in the ointment but Rice and Young had 30 more TDs together than Rice and Montana did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I peed myself just a tad bit while reading this thread......................

 

That being said it was absolutely great to see Purdue lose in double OT, so much hard work just to take a dump.  Looking forward to IU/KY though.  Let's go IU!!!

 

NICE last second win by Providece!!!!! 

 

I'm looking forward this presser tomorrow with Peyton and Jim, fortunately I leave work tomorrow @ 4:30 if I don't mysteriously get sick tonight.......  With some kind of mysterious illness that effected me mysteriously, "cough, cough," Ohhh I think I'm getting sick....  Maybe I'll call in....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. That's how I will remember 18: A beautiful spiral on a long pass to Marvin for a touchdown. 

 

Harrison & Marvin were a machine back in the early days like shooting fish in a barrel. Pure poetry through the air.  The great ones always make the complicated look so darn simple don't they? 

He was never really throwing many tight spirals..... usually had a wobble to the ball in air, but his placement was so spot on......

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Hopefully its something completely out of left field. Like we've traded for Justin Houston or Zach Martin or somebody LOL. You guys remember a couple years ago when Irsay got us all going by saying we're about to get a big fish or some crap like that? LOL We all thought we were getting Fitzgerald

Turned out to be Vontae Davis and actually that worked out pretty big for us...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Definitely Manning related. 

 

c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f

Why do you say that?  If you feel Manning was not well liked and wasn't the best QB in Colts history and don't deserves the kudos then I cant understand how you can call yourself a Colt fan. I am pretty sure I am not alone in that statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...