• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We get this exact post every year.

The Colts sign somebody but it's not at the position of greatest need and some fan acts as if it makes a bit of difference WHEN you sign someone.

If we sign someone tomorrow,  or next week,  or next month to address a need,  it makes no difference either way.    The only thing that matters is that we actually address the need.     "When" doesn't matter.

Odds are the biggest holes will be addressed in the draft.

Voicing the last sentence : Right on the money in more ways than one!

Good depth signing. Turbin's a solid back who, maybe with more carries could be a pretty good RB for us next season. He's no feature back or nothing, but I think he can be a pretty good number 2. But I do still think we'll draft somebody around the 4th, but I like this signing. He's averaged over 4 YPC in like 3 out of his 5 seasons I think. Not sure on that, but I think that's accurate. But yeah. He could end up being a very good singing next season.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Oh...I must have missed that. Thought it was Ballard that got waived last year....I knew Robinson struggled but I thought maybe just needed more time. If that is the case I'm sure we sign an UDFA...Turbin is a solid back up that can help catch the ball adequately out of the back field....something Gore CAN'T do.

We do have Trey Williams, who was an UDFA last year. So we've got Gore, Turbin, Varga, and Williams currently on the roster. I'm sure we'll sign a few UDFAs at the position, but I would be fine if those four are the guys that make the final roster.

24 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I think we should sign Alfred Morris to a 1 year deal. He wont cost much at all I wouldn't think. Then we could wait and draft a RB from that loaded class next year. Gore and Morris would be a beastly duo if the O-Line is fixed.

I do like Morris and think he is Good, I would be for that.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So does signing a depth RB stop us from signing other players? 90 players are signed for training camp for 53 roster spots in case you had forgotten.

With all due respect CrazyColt. Chill out man. I know his comment was completely irrelevant to this discussion, but a lot of us are upset that we haven't made any impact signings. Every time somebody makes a statement like that you run to correct them with what you think is right.

A good signing. May or may not draft a rb now.

Rather have the draft for our real starter needs anyhow.

Grigson last year showed he is actually capable of drafting guys whom can plug into the starter position,..and produce.  Get a C and G to block for this guy and Gore in the draft, and we may have our offense fixed-ish.

(just don't forget about LB'ers and a corner)

10 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

With all due respect CrazyColt. Chill out man. I know his comment was completely irrelevant to this discussion, but a lot of us are upset that we haven't made any impact signings. Every time somebody makes a statement like that you run to correct them with what you think is right.

In his defense it's annoying.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

With all due respect CrazyColt. Chill out man. I know his comment was completely irrelevant to this discussion, but a lot of us are upset that we haven't made any impact signings. Every time somebody makes a statement like that you run to correct them.

I didn't correct anyone. There is a difference being upset and non stop negative whining. 90 players are going to be signed for training camp to fill out a 53 man roster. Being negative about one RB signed for depth is not only whining, it's being narrow minded. That's my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine.

Good signing IMHO.  He's still young (26) and has served as a capable backup on two Superbowl teams with the 'Hawks.  We are slowly adding much needed depth at positions of need.  As good as Gore is, he is on the other side of 30 and will need some breaks.  He can't go 30 carries anymore IMHO.  

For those who poo poo this move, it doesn't matter what order we sign guys in so long as we fill the holes.  They will bring in guys at OL and DL, it just takes time when you are in a money crunch.  They are doing their do diligence and bringing in guys who have shown ability and still have something left in the tank all the while not breaking the bank, which is opposite of what they did last season (that failed).  We still have the draft too and nobody knows what they are going to do their yet either.  And, oh yeah, they STILL have to give a Brinks truck to Andrew Luck.  So lets all hold our collective horses and wait until we see how it all pans out before we poo poo the moves.  What they did last season clearly failed and it is also clear they are trying a different approach.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Now if we could just get Keith Marshall with that 7th round pick. C'mon Grigs we know you love the speed!

Oh yeah. Love seeing another Marshall fan. I've been hoping so bad he falls to the 7th or undrafted. I really hope we can get him. If he can stay healthy he will be one of the biggest steals of this draft.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, looks like we're fine at RB now and don't need to take one late in the draft. My question is, does this signing cost us a compensatory pick or not? If so, then I'm a bit annoyed. If not, then this is a good signing.

According to overthecap.com, this signing eliminates the likely extra 6th Round pick from Freeman, so hopefully Turbin's worthy of a 6th Round pick in 2017. Freeman for Turbin is one way to look at this signing though the many Pagano and Grigson apologists will surely disagree. In four years he has accomplished very little but to the apologists that just means he has a lot of tread left on his tires. He has had both hips surgically repaired however so that doesn't sound like a guy with a bright future.

He's an average backup. He's been in and out of Dallas and Cleveland, and it doesn't speak well for him that Dallas let him go because they've had nothing short of a circus at RB since Murray left.

I get that we decided not to be aggressive in free agency and all, but geez. We've pretty much abstained completely. We haven't even had any reported interest in free agents.

Starting to feel a little odd to me. We've got holes to plug and the draft isn't going to provide an answer to all of them.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I didn't correct anyone. There is a difference being upset and non stop negative whining. 90 players are going to be signed for training camp to fill out a 53 man roster. Being negative about one RB signed for depth is not only whining, it's being narrow minded. That's my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine.

I said I didn't mind the signing later...maybe you should read all I said bud...I guess your opinion is the only one that matters...my bad

7 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I said I didn't mind the signing later...maybe you should read all I said bud...I guess your opinion is the only one that matters...my bad

Your comment ending with nah, RB made it sarcastic and off topic. My opinion matters to no one but me but thanks for the concern.

1 minute ago, gnet550 said:

I'll just stop commenting...my opinion isn't needed here....like I said I don't mind the signing, just think we have other issues...

peace brother, may God bless you

No need for that. Just keep on keeping on. I think we are all concerned but making each and every thread seem like a broken record really does no good. Patience, things will get done.

1 hour ago, gacker65 said:

Have not seen how much he cost.  Does any one know??????

It said $660,000. on his web site. I am not sure if that was his salary before or after he signed with the Colts. His web site does list him as a Colt. That is what pops up on yahoo.