Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Will Not Restructure Or Push Back Bonus Date

WSO

if the colts let PM go (or not give him the bonus making him a FA) this would mean that PM could go to any team that he desired! Right?

well my point is could the colts do that and then sign him as a FA for a more cap friendly deal?

just a question i don't know the answer to this

that could very well happen

That was my thought...

It would take some trust on the side of the colts... but if you want to keep him... why not release him and then sign a new contract as a free agent.

Why would Manning do that - give up the money? The Colts have fired at least two people he liked and respected. Maybe it would take some trust on Mannings side.

Irsay said its a new era but certain players, coaches, and staff will be part of the future. Irsay isn't scraping the team, he just wanted a new front office IMO.

Bet he wasn't scrapping it, either. But would ya have to scrape it before you scrapped it?

I think it's obvious that he won't be "at his best", medically speaking, by March. People keep comparing his situation to Kelvin Hayden's, but speaking as someone who is older than Peyton, it takes a 36 year old body a whole lot longer to heal than it does a 20 something year old. It may take him all the way to training camp or even a year. Given his age, he doesn't have that kind of window to work with.

The 2nd best place for Peyton (the best being Indy), in my opinion, would be San Fran. Solid running game, strong defense, good pass catchers, good O-line, good coach. They got to the NFC Championship game (and possibly further) with Alex Smith. If they had Peyton, they would be instant contenders

I get the feeling that PM is a stand up guy. I could be very, very wrong but I think he has some shame in taking money for not playing. I think he wants to stay and EARN his ill gotten money. I could be so wrong on this as I am quite naive, but its what I would do, hands down, no questions asked.

He could get forced out and then all bets are off. JMHO

The 2nd best place for Peyton (the best being Indy), in my opinion, would be San Fran. Solid running game, strong defense, good pass catchers, good O-line, good coach. They got to the NFC Championship game (and possibly further) with Alex Smith. If they had Peyton, they would be instant contenders

What about the Texans? Schaub has been solid, but Manning could really elevate them. Also, I would throw the Ravens into the mix. Would it be cap prohibitive for either of these teams to sit/release Schaub or Flacco? This is all assuming that Manning can play up to his old form, or course.

What about the Texans? Schaub has been solid, but Manning could really elevate them. Also, I would throw the Ravens into the mix. Would it be cap prohibitive for either of these teams to sit/release Schaub or Flacco? This is all assuming that Manning can play up to his old form, or course.

I would probably die on the inside if Peyton went to a division rival. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Baltimore, though. Peyton Manning on one side of the ball, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the other side

probably a rumor

if Manning had his home up for sale the media would eat that up lol

Manning having his house up for sale? How suspicious is that rumor? Why would a man as rich as him make his very first action, even while he is still with the Colts, the selling of his house? I think he owns several homes, one in New Orleans and I think also one in Knoxville. The man can afford as many homes as he wants. There is no reason he would be selling his house in Indy at this stage. That is what makes all these rumors so ridiculous.

I think Peyton has tried to be as silent as possible on the moves the Colts are doing. He has said that Mr. Irsay will do what Mr. Irsay feels is best for the Colts organization. I think Peyton has come to the conclusion that his name is now being used as headlines for the media and for Mr. Irsay in my opinion. Mr. Irsay has one of if not the greatest QB that has ever played the game under contract. Instead of comming out and saying Peyton is our man and we will give him all the time he needs to get healthy, he has said its pretty much a buisness decision and Peyton needs to show us he can get healthy and back to playing. He even made a snide comment about he already paid Peyton 20 someting million dollars and he didnt even play this year. FIne, understood. But, Peyton is not the first elite athlete to get a big contract then get hurt and not play for a season. It happens alot in pro sports. Its Irsays fault he had to blab his mouth about paying Petyon so much money even though Peyton said he didnt need all that money.

At this point I give Peyton all the room he needs with this situation. If he doesnt want to work with the Colts financially, then he doesnt have too. He is the one that made this team so great. Lets never forget that. Yes, maybe he cant mess with the money situation anyways. Thats fine. At this point JIm has made his bed. He made these sweeping decisions. Now its time to deal with them. They might work out, they might not. But, I dont care how great our next QB is supposed to be. There will never be another Peyton Manning.

probably a rumor

if Manning had his home up for sale the media would eat that up lol

Exactly we saw what the media did today when Rob Lowe said he heard something and asked the NFL Network guy to confirm it. If Peyton really had his house up for sale the media would be all over it.

Also even if Peyton leaves I think Indy is "home". That's why he put his name on the hospital and just last week Archie said Peyton likes his roots in Indy.

I don't know the "ins and outs" of the new CBA, but I was listening to Sirius Radio and they were interviewing Mularky about Gabbert. And he stated that he had talked to Gabbert, but made sure he did it before he actually signed his contract so he would not be breaking one of the new CBA offseason player contact rules. I do not know if this rule applies to our situation or if it applies to GM's, but maybe this is why Grigson has not contacted.Manning.

I don't think so because he said he plans to call Peyton back at some point.

Some really far out wild rumors floating around, but that is the nature of the beast. Peyton has said all along that he wants to finish his career in indy. Irsay has said all along that he wants Peyton to finish his career in Indy. As of now, I'm still taking each of them at their word.

Peyton has shown a unique willingness over his time in Indy to work with management on his contract to benefit the team. He restructured a few years ago to help resign some veterans. Manning and Irsay have always shown a high level of trust and respect for each other. I've seen no evidence to indicate this has changed. Peyton was good friends with Mora but made the change to Dungy without a hitch. He can do the same again. These men will find a way to make this work.

If Peyton's house is for sale it's probably because he's moving into a bigger one down the street!

The quickest way to a super bowl for any team is one part adequate defense with one part adequate running game and one full part healthy Peyton Manning!