Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Peyton have retired if he knew Oz was leaving?

dgambill

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you.

I keep hearing about how Denver 'carried' Peyton to the title.  Not true

If he does not come in cold against San Diego, and spark them to win, Denver is the '5' seed..they go to NE (if they reach the AFC final) and lose.

Not everybody understands that a QB cant always be judged by numbers

It's only opinion but if Brock plays against the Pats, Denver loses.

8 hours ago, Gramz said:

People who post on Forums are a small group Of the overall fan base.  And those that post the most often, or the equivalent of speaking the Loudest are not necessarily the voice of the people.  You, of all people, should know that by some of the trolls that used to be here.

And for the record, everything I have read from Broncos fans, with the exception of a few mouthy ones has been praise and appreciation.

It wasn't just 2 or 3 mouthy people trolling, it is a lot of their fanbase. I have read a ton of Posts on their website and over at ESPN, not only that there have even been a few Denver fans on TV that wanted Brock playing and could care less if Peyton came back. All I can go by is what I read and if it was a troll or 2 that is different but it isn't.

9 hours ago, Restored said:

Outlandish comments don't reflect the majority of a fanbase. Just because a troll on an internet forum thinks Tebow needs to be starting over Peyton Manning doesn't mean everyone else thinks this way.

Imagine for a second that we were sitting here with Peyton and Andrew as our QB's. Let's say our situation played out like this year did with Denver (Luck plays for a hurt Manning, Manning comes back in for playoffs). Imagine how this forum would react...

Your scenario isn't the same. Andrew is much better than Brock and Andrew would never be a back up in the first place. Irsay would've kept Peyton if he wasn't comfortable with Andrew coming in. I see what you are saying but Andrew is much better than Brock.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your scenario isn't the same. Andrew is much better than Brock and Andrew would never be a back up in the first place. Irsay would've kept Peyton if he wasn't comfortable with Andrew coming in. I see what you are saying but Andrew is much better than Brock.

That's why it's considered a hypothetical situation...

My point is that if the same scenario happened to the Colts (swapping Luck for Brock), there would probably be a lot of fans clamoring for Luck to play over Manning. Especially since Luck IS much better than Brock.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wasn't just 2 or 3 mouthy people trolling, it is a lot of their fanbase. I have read a ton of Posts on their website and over at ESPN, not only that there have even been a few Denver fans on TV that wanted Brock playing and could care less if Peyton came back. All I can go by is what I read and if it was a troll or 2 that is different but it isn't.

haha   why are we even discussing this...??  Who really cares what they are posting on other boards?   But for the record,  I took a "peek"  this morning and what I saw were a multitude of people now bashing Brock.   :dunno:      Fans sure are fickle, aren't they?

Back to the OP topic at hand,  Peyton knew it was time to retire.   

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Forum comments and drunk fans on TV don't reflect the overall vastness of a football fanbase. 

6 hours ago, Gramz said:

haha   why are we even discussing this...??  Who really cares what they are posting on other boards?   But for the record,  I took a "peek"  this morning and what I saw were a multitude of people now bashing Brock.   :dunno:      Fans sure are fickle, aren't they?

Back to the OP topic at hand,  Peyton knew it was time to retire.   

I just wanted to bring in perspective what a lot of other fans think from their fanbase. Like I have said before I have never been to an opposing teams website up until the Peyton stuff about HGH came out, then I was just curious to see what opposing teams fans thought about it. Then when Peyton retired and Brock left I wanted to read the Posts on Denver's website. I will drop the subject but that is all I was trying to do. You are right they are bashing Brock now but it's because he left and he left Denver needing a QB. I also am glad Peyton retired, cant go out any better. I am just enjoying the off season since he won a SB and Tom lost and waiting for the Draft regarding the Colts.