Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Colts Mock Draft 2016


Recommended Posts

Hi Folks, I am not sure where else this should go since it is Colts specific.  Mods please move if there's a better spot? 

 

Here's my picks right now for this year's draft: 

 

Round One: Ezekiel Elliot RB Ohio State OR Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama OR Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson OR Kevin Dodd OLB Clemson (In that order if available)
Round Two: Ryan Kelly Center Alabama
Round Three: Josh Garnett Guard Stanford
Round Four: Mackensie Alexander Corner Clemson
Round Five: Jordon Lucas Safety Penn State
Round Seven: Vincent Valentine DT Nebraska

 

I think we'd end up with 2 starting O-linemen, a Starting RB (or ILB/OLB from the first rounders), a Nickle Corner, a back up Safety for Geathers/Adams and a solid developmental DT in round 7.  

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done my fair share of Mocks so instead I'll do a "What the Colts will probably do" mock instead of what I want them to do:

 

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB

2. Nick Martin, C

3. Karl Joseph, FS

4. Kyler Fackrell, OLB

5. Joe Dahl, OT/OG

7. Henry Krieger-Coble, TE

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I've done my fair share of Mocks so instead I'll do a "What the Colts will probably do" mock instead of what I want them to do:

 

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB

2. Nick Martin, C

3. Karl Joseph, FS

4. Kyler Fackrell, OLB

5. Joe Dahl, OT/OG

7. Henry Krieger-Coble, TE

Not my favorite, but I'd be okay with that draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Not my favorite, but I'd be okay with that draft.

It'll be something like that. Something in the middle of what most of us want like last year. Last draft the only "questionable" picks were Dorsett and Smith.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. Alexander is a 1st rounder. I think it was a mistake though guys so give him a break. But here's mine....This is what I think would be better for the team.

 

 

1) Noah Spence EDGE - I think he can be the best pass rusher in this class....Still. And he'd be BPA too. I feel he could come in day 1 and contribute and I believe he has the potential to be a top tier EDGE rusher in the NFL.

 

2) Nick Martin C - He can come in and start at Center day 1 and along with Garnett would solidify our OL......Finally.

 

3) Josh Garnett G - Another kid who can come in and start right away. We'd have 2 rookies starting, but it'd definitely be an upgrade, and I think Garnett has the potential to be a pro bowl caliber Guard.

 

4) Kenneth Dixon RB - Explosive, physical back who'd be a great duo with Gore. Would be our Feature back for the next few years after Gore's gone.

 

5) Matt Judon EDGE - Raw EDGE rusher with a lot of upside. Has the potential be a really good pass rusher IMO.

 

7) Alex McCalister EDGE - Another raw pass rusher with a lot of upside. Maybe we get lucky with one of these 2, The talent is there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Alexander is a 1st rounder. I think it was a mistake though guys so give him a break. But here's mine....This is what I think would be better for the team.

 

 

1) Noah Spence EDGE - I think he can be the best pass rusher in this class....Still. And he'd be BPA too. I feel he could come in day 1 and contribute and I believe he has the potential to be a top tier EDGE rusher in the NFL.

 

2) Nick Martin C - He can come in and start at Center day 1 and along with Garnett would solidify our OL......Finally.

 

3) Josh Garnett G - Another kid who can come in and start right away. We'd have 2 rookies starting, but it'd definitely be an upgrade, and I think Garnett has the potential to be a pro bowl level Guard.

 

4) Kenneth Dixon RB - Explosive, physical back who'd be a great duo with Gore. Would be our Feature back for the next few years after Gore's gone.

 

5) Matt Judon EDGE - Raw EDGE rusher with a lot of upside. Has the potential be a really good pass rusher IMO.

 

7) Alex McCalister EDGE - Another raw pass rusher with a lot of upside. Maybe we get lucky with one of these 2, The talent is there.

 

 

 

McCalister is gone by round 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

McCalister is gone by round 3

 

I wouldn't think so. His off the field issues including being dismissed from the team, the fact he's barley played, His frame, and his instincts will definitely push him to the 5th-7th. I think the highest he goes is the mid-late 5th. There's a lot of concerns with him. Plus he got hurt late last year. Everyone has him as a late rounder. CBS has him as a 7th-UDFA. He has a boat load of potential though. I hope we get him and Judon both. They're the 2 late round pass rushers who I think could end up being very good. I mean its hit or miss when you're in the late rounds, so those guys could go either way, but like I said. The potential is definitely there for both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Alexander is a 1st rounder. I think it was a mistake though guys so give him a break. But here's mine....This is what I think would be better for the team.

 

 

1) Noah Spence EDGE - I think he can be the best pass rusher in this class....Still. And he'd be BPA too. I feel he could come in day 1 and contribute and I believe he has the potential to be a top tier EDGE rusher in the NFL.

 

2) Nick Martin C - He can come in and start at Center day 1 and along with Garnett would solidify our OL......Finally.

 

3) Josh Garnett G - Another kid who can come in and start right away. We'd have 2 rookies starting, but it'd definitely be an upgrade, and I think Garnett has the potential to be a pro bowl caliber Guard.

 

4) Kenneth Dixon RB - Explosive, physical back who'd be a great duo with Gore. Would be our Feature back for the next few years after Gore's gone.

 

5) Matt Judon EDGE - Raw EDGE rusher with a lot of upside. Has the potential be a really good pass rusher IMO.

 

7) Alex McCalister EDGE - Another raw pass rusher with a lot of upside. Maybe we get lucky with one of these 2, The talent is there.

 

 

Switch Judon with Ochi and i'd be good with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

McCalister is gone by round 3

 

For what it's worth -- if anything -- to you.

 

ESPN ranks him 210th overall    6th round

NFL.com ranks him 180 overall   late 5th/early 6th

CBS Sports ranks him 326th overall    Free agent

 

Point being,  not only are you likely very wrong,   but it's way, WAY too early to know for sure about mid and late round guys.      Patience.     There's still a long, long time before the draft!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

lmao Alexander in the 4th? C'mon man

Though he could be gone, many have suggested he might still be there.  This is one of my sources when I was researching: 

 

" Mackensie Alexander**, CB, Clemson 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 195. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.45. 
Projected Round (2016): 2-4. 

2/13/16: Alexander was a quality cover corner for Clemson the past two seasons. The redshirt sophomore recorded 23 tackles with five passes broken up and zero interceptions 2015. In 2014, he had 21 tackles with six breakups and zero interceptions. 

A few teams have told me they graded Alexander as a third- or fourth- rounder. Sources say that that Alexander is physical, but thickly built, and tight for turning and running with NFL receivers. They view him as a nickel corner. Another team told me they have a second-round grade on Alexander and expect him to go there. It is entirely possible that the team that likes him enough to draft him takes him in the second round.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php#U10WaYXhgAMpwbri.99 "

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Alexander is a first round corner -- no worse than high 2nd.

 

Where did you learn that the 4th round would be a realistic spot for him?     Which website said that?

 

See above....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Alexander is a 1st rounder. I think it was a mistake though guys so give him a break. But here's mine....This is what I think would be better for the team.

 

 

1) Noah Spence EDGE - I think he can be the best pass rusher in this class....Still. And he'd be BPA too. I feel he could come in day 1 and contribute and I believe he has the potential to be a top tier EDGE rusher in the NFL.

 

2) Nick Martin C - He can come in and start at Center day 1 and along with Garnett would solidify our OL......Finally.

 

3) Josh Garnett G - Another kid who can come in and start right away. We'd have 2 rookies starting, but it'd definitely be an upgrade, and I think Garnett has the potential to be a pro bowl caliber Guard.

 

4) Kenneth Dixon RB - Explosive, physical back who'd be a great duo with Gore. Would be our Feature back for the next few years after Gore's gone.

 

5) Matt Judon EDGE - Raw EDGE rusher with a lot of upside. Has the potential be a really good pass rusher IMO.

 

7) Alex McCalister EDGE - Another raw pass rusher with a lot of upside. Maybe we get lucky with one of these 2, The talent is there.

 

 

I knew it was a stretch, but I found 2 sources saying he might last until the 4th.  I listed one above and he also quotes multiple sources saying 3-4th.  Perhaps he'll be long gone, but I simply looked at who might still be available and that site had him listed well below many other corners.  I can't find the other one I saw first.  Might have been through PFT or ESPN. 

 

I do appreciate you not ripping my head off as others have.  It's all speculation and I doubt anyone gets more than 1 or 2 right max. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

 

What about Jones do you like? I just don't see it.

I'll freely admit that I see through Crimson colored glasses as I have been a Bama fan since I was old enough to sit in front of a TV. So, it's a little hard not to be somewhat biased. 

 

However, he is a speedy ball hawk and he is tough as nails. He never shies away from a big hit. My biggest concern is his size at only 5'10"

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

See above....

 

Well....    I've been saying for four years -- since I arrived here -- that Walter Football is just not very credible.

 

Could he be a 2nd rounder?     Yes.     But if he's not a 2nd R,  then he's far more likely to be a 1st than he is a 3rd,  and virtually zero chance of being a 4th.

 

Walter Football doesn't even approach accurate until mid-April when more info is well known....   otherwise,  it's just not all that good.....

 

Just my two cents.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Though he could be gone, many have suggested he might still be there.  This is one of my sources when I was researching: 

 

" Mackensie Alexander**, CB, Clemson 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 195. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.45. 
Projected Round (2016): 2-4. 

2/13/16: Alexander was a quality cover corner for Clemson the past two seasons. The redshirt sophomore recorded 23 tackles with five passes broken up and zero interceptions 2015. In 2014, he had 21 tackles with six breakups and zero interceptions. 

A few teams have told me they graded Alexander as a third- or fourth- rounder. Sources say that that Alexander is physical, but thickly built, and tight for turning and running with NFL receivers. They view him as a nickel corner. Another team told me they have a second-round grade on Alexander and expect him to go there. It is entirely possible that the team that likes him enough to draft him takes him in the second round.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php#U10WaYXhgAMpwbri.99 "

I doubt. Maybe a few teams grade him as a 3rd or 4th, but the teams that grade him as a 1st or 2nd will have long since taken him off the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I'd be happy with Curus Jones in the 4th.

Yeah Cyrus Jones has talent, but needs to continue to be coached up. I don't know how effective he can be outside, but I think he could become a dominant slot corner. His footwork is among some of the best in the class IMO.

 

Mike Mayock loves him I believe he is Mayock's 4th ranked corner. I don't know if I would put him that high, but Jones in the 4th round wouldn't be a bad pick IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Alexander is a 1st rounder. I think it was a mistake though guys so give him a break. But here's mine....This is what I think would be better for the team.

 

 

1) Noah Spence EDGE - I think he can be the best pass rusher in this class....Still. And he'd be BPA too. I feel he could come in day 1 and contribute and I believe he has the potential to be a top tier EDGE rusher in the NFL.

 

2) Nick Martin C - He can come in and start at Center day 1 and along with Garnett would solidify our OL......Finally.

 

3) Josh Garnett G - Another kid who can come in and start right away. We'd have 2 rookies starting, but it'd definitely be an upgrade, and I think Garnett has the potential to be a pro bowl caliber Guard.

 

4) Kenneth Dixon RB - Explosive, physical back who'd be a great duo with Gore. Would be our Feature back for the next few years after Gore's gone.

 

5) Matt Judon EDGE - Raw EDGE rusher with a lot of upside. Has the potential be a really good pass rusher IMO.

 

7) Alex McCalister EDGE - Another raw pass rusher with a lot of upside. Maybe we get lucky with one of these 2, The talent is there.

 

 

Not a fan of Spence, but I like this draft a lot. Dixon gets a lot of YAC and is a good receiver. McCalister could be a steal in the 7th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Hi Folks, I am not sure where else this should go since it is Colts specific.  Mods please move if there's a better spot? 

 

Here's my picks right now for this year's draft: 

 

Round One: Ezekiel Elliot RB Ohio State OR Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama OR Shaq Lawson OLB Clemson OR Kevin Dodd OLB Clemson (In that order if available)
Round Two: Ryan Kelly Center Alabama
Round Three: Josh Garnett Guard Stanford
Round Four: Mackensie Alexander Corner Clemson
Round Five: Jordon Lucas Safety Penn State
Round Seven: Vincent Valentine DT Nebraska

 

I think we'd end up with 2 starting O-linemen, a Starting RB (or ILB/OLB from the first rounders), a Nickle Corner, a back up Safety for Geathers/Adams and a solid developmental DT in round 7.  

 

Thoughts?

I think we have to take a CB and sign a band aid vet in FA. We have tio do it no later than Howard in the 3rd. Loose Garnert and take your G in the 4th maybe Tretola will be there. Or lose Kelly and look for Westerman Glasgow or Boehm in the 4tth is the better option I hesr the C from Bama is going early 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Only in your world 

 

from walterfootball.com

 

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Florida_logo.gif

Florida_logo.gif Alex McCalister*, 3-4OLB, Florida 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 239. Arm: 36. 
40 Time: 4.80. 
Projected Round (2016): 3-4. 

3/12/16: McCalister was an effective situational pass-rusher for Florida the past few seasons. He is fast off the edge with nice length and athleticism. Sources say they are grading McCalister in the mid-rounds and like his potential to be a role player quickly. 

In 2015, the redshirt junior totaled 26 tackles with 9.5 for a loss and 6.5 sacks in nine games. He had 23 tackles with six sacks in 2014. McCalister had some minor off-the-field incidents, but team sources say that it wasn't a big deal and he's a good kid.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016OLB3-4.php#k8rD11w0o7BhkjFS.99

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

from walterfootball.com

 

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Florida_logo.gif

Florida_logo.gif Alex McCalister*, 3-4OLB, Florida 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 239. Arm: 36. 
40 Time: 4.80. 
Projected Round (2016): 3-4. 

3/12/16: McCalister was an effective situational pass-rusher for Florida the past few seasons. He is fast off the edge with nice length and athleticism. Sources say they are grading McCalister in the mid-rounds and like his potential to be a role player quickly. 

In 2015, the redshirt junior totaled 26 tackles with 9.5 for a loss and 6.5 sacks in nine games. He had 23 tackles with six sacks in 2014. McCalister had some minor off-the-field incidents, but team sources say that it wasn't a big deal and he's a good kid.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016OLB3-4.php#k8rD11w0o7BhkjFS.99

 

Walter Football simply isn't very good.     Never has been.

 

Here are McCalister's rankings from people who know better.....

 

-- ESPN has him as the 210th best player (and at DE, not OLB)     6th round

-- NFL.com has him as the 180 best player (also at DE)    that''s late 5th/early 6th round

-- CBS Sports is the outlier...    they have him as the 326th best player -- free agent.

 

So, not only do his rankings not measure up,  he is viewed as a DE and NOT an OLB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Walter Football simply isn't very good.     Never has been.

 

Here are McCalister's rankings from people who know better.....

 

-- ESPN has him as the 210th best player (and at DE, not OLB)     6th round

-- NFL.com has him as the 180 best player (also at DE)    that''s late 5th/early 6th round

-- CBS Sports is the outlier...    they have him as the 326th best player -- free agent.

 

So, not only do his rankings not measure up,  he is viewed as a DE and NOT an OLB.

 

Course you say that about something that contradicts you

 

give me links 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Course you say that about something that contradicts you

 

give me links 

 

The information is PUBLIC at CBSSports.com      Just key it in...    And work you way to the NFL Draft Section.

 

It's PUBLIC at NFL.com....     just key that in...

 

It's PREMIUM on ESPN.com

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

The information is PUBLIC at CBSSports.com      Just key it in...    And work you way to the NFL Draft Section.

 

It's PUBLIC at NFL.com....     just key that in...

 

It's PREMIUM on ESPN.com

 

 

OVERVIEW

McCalister's career did not go as he planned as a four-star recruit and all-state pick from North Carolina. He redshirted his first year with the Gators, earning Defensive Scout Player of the Week multiple times during the season. In 2013, he made only three tackles in six games due to injury. When finally given a chance to get into the defensive line rotation as a sophomore, McCalister finished second on the team with six sacks among his nine tackles for loss (2.5 against LSU). He tied for the team lead with 6.5 sacks in 2015, even though he only played in nine games due to injury, missing the final three regular season contests with a foot injury and earning his second suspension of the year before the bowl game for violating team rules. McCalister was actually dismissed from the team at the end of the year, causing him to declare himself an early entrant for the 2016 NFL Draft.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

 Looks like a bigger version of Leonard Floyd. Has rare length and range to defend both the quarterback and running back against zone read. Ridiculous ground coverage over first three steps. Able to drop, dip and accelerate around the edge like it's an embankment. Features upfield burst and springy hips that are waiting to be unlocked and unleashed. Will flash a "whoa!" spin move that he's still learning to harness. Shows ability to long-­arm tackles back into the pocket.

WEAKNESSES

 Was dismissed from the team late in the year. Rushes with no discernible plan or workable counter moves. Can't hold his water versus the run. Instincts are lacking. Doesn't use long levers as effectively as he could. Frame nowhere near thick enough. Has to work overtime to try and keep weight on. Suffered a foot injury in November of this season.

NFL COMPARISON

 Obum Gwacham

BOTTOM LINE

 Despite playing in less than 40 percent of the defensive snaps for the Gators over the past two seasons, managed to notch 12.5 sacks. His character must be questioned and he doesn't possess an NFL-­ready frame or instincts. McCalister is a project in need of muscle and coaching, but his traits as a rusher are exciting if he can build upon them.

 

dont see where they mention his draft stock and he weights 240 pounds. he cant play DE

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

For what it's worth -- if anything -- to you.

 

ESPN ranks him 210th overall    6th round

NFL.com ranks him 180 overall   late 5th/early 6th

CBS Sports ranks him 326th overall    Free agent

 

Point being,  not only are you likely very wrong,   but it's way, WAY too early to know for sure about mid and late round guys.      Patience.     There's still a long, long time before the draft!

 

 

He may well go much earlier than his projection given how lacking this draft is in edge rushers and how well he tested in his agility drills. But you're right in saying that none of us have a clue!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

OVERVIEW

McCalister's career did not go as he planned as a four-star recruit and all-state pick from North Carolina. He redshirted his first year with the Gators, earning Defensive Scout Player of the Week multiple times during the season. In 2013, he made only three tackles in six games due to injury. When finally given a chance to get into the defensive line rotation as a sophomore, McCalister finished second on the team with six sacks among his nine tackles for loss (2.5 against LSU). He tied for the team lead with 6.5 sacks in 2015, even though he only played in nine games due to injury, missing the final three regular season contests with a foot injury and earning his second suspension of the year before the bowl game for violating team rules. McCalister was actually dismissed from the team at the end of the year, causing him to declare himself an early entrant for the 2016 NFL Draft.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

 Looks like a bigger version of Leonard Floyd. Has rare length and range to defend both the quarterback and running back against zone read. Ridiculous ground coverage over first three steps. Able to drop, dip and accelerate around the edge like it's an embankment. Features upfield burst and springy hips that are waiting to be unlocked and unleashed. Will flash a "whoa!" spin move that he's still learning to harness. Shows ability to long-­arm tackles back into the pocket.

WEAKNESSES

 Was dismissed from the team late in the year. Rushes with no discernible plan or workable counter moves. Can't hold his water versus the run. Instincts are lacking. Doesn't use long levers as effectively as he could. Frame nowhere near thick enough. Has to work overtime to try and keep weight on. Suffered a foot injury in November of this season.

NFL COMPARISON

 Obum Gwacham

BOTTOM LINE

 Despite playing in less than 40 percent of the defensive snaps for the Gators over the past two seasons, managed to notch 12.5 sacks. His character must be questioned and he doesn't possess an NFL-­ready frame or instincts. McCalister is a project in need of muscle and coaching, but his traits as a rusher are exciting if he can build upon them.

 

dont see where they mention his draft stock and he weights 240 pounds. he cant play DE

 

The very page you pulled this information from.....   his profile page....   in the upper left corner of the page his position is listed as....   DE, as in Defensive End.   There's no mention of OLB.     His 5.3 rating shows up on page 8 of their grades.   At 25 players a page,  the first 7 pages covers 175  (25 x 7 = 175)  and he's the 4th player on page 8,  so his rank is 179.     The 179th player in a draft is roughly the bottom of the 5th round, top of the 6th round.

 

And that's just one of three websites. 

 

ESPN has him roughly 30 spots lower,  around 210,  that's a low 6th round,  and CBS Sports has him around 325.   With 256 players drafted,  that gives him a 7th round, or un-drafted free agent grade from them.    But, let's throw that one out.    The CBS grade is a big outlier,  so we'll dismiss it.     But ESPN and NFL.com have him somewhere around the 6th round -- top or bottom.     And their view of him is DE, and not OLB.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Track Guy said:

 

He may well go much earlier than his projection given how lacking this draft is in edge rushers and how well he tested in his agility drills. But you're right in saying that none of us have a clue!

 

Yeah....    I wouldn't rule that out.   The Colts took Jonathan Newsome about a full round higher than projections, and as we all know,  it only takes one team to fall in love with you.    And McCalister clearly has traits to love.   But he's also got some Red Flags to him,  and that may hold teams back.

 

I'm not ruling out that he could go higher than these websites grade for him.  But I believe it was your comment that he'd be gone by the end of the 3rd round.   I'm just trying to point out that that view is not very likely.     It might be possible,  but it's not very likely.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 versions for mine, depending on where you want to go in the first(NT/DT, LB or CB). I will do it in this format version 1/version 2/version 3

 

Round 1: Andrew Billings, NT/Leonard Floyd, OLB/William Jackson III, CB

Round 2: Shilique Calhoun, OLB/Artie Burns, CB/Shilique Calhoun, OLB

Round 3: Nick Martin, C/Nick Martin, C/Nick Martin, C(or if not available Max Tuerk, C)

Round 4: Sean Davis, CB/Josh Ferguson, RB/Bronson Kaufusi, DE

Round 5: Daniel Lasco, RB/ Keyarris Garrett, WR /Daniel Lasco, RB

Round 7: Cody Kessler QB/ Cody Kessler QB/ Cody Kessler QB

 

Which version do you like best and which ones do you think are not realistic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, akcolt said:

I think we have to take a CB and sign a band aid vet in FA. We have tio do it no later than Howard in the 3rd. Loose Garnert and take your G in the 4th maybe Tretola will be there. Or lose Kelly and look for Westerman Glasgow or Boehm in the 4tth is the better option I hesr the C from Bama is going early 

I agree.  If OP gets Martin in round 2, then I'd go best defensive player on the board in round 3.  Considering the changes made at offensive coordinator, OL coach, and ZBS blocking scheme, I'd be satisfied with upgrading only one of the C/G positions, preferably C, and get back to focusing on defense the remainder of the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Are you sure it is me? I play if a few Yahoo fantast football leagues but not a Colts one.   
    • I hope his daughter has half the passion for football that Mr. Irsay does. He understands football is bigger than Sunday. 
    • I guess that rules out the Washington Haskins
    • When drafted, I thought that he would be mainly a LDE.  Not particularly bendy or quick enough to be the main pass rusher, but would be good on the edge against the run and could get his share of QB pressures.  Not really a sack guy, but would get sacks when the back coverage was good.   When I heard that Ballard drafted Lewis as mainly a 3T, I thought it was a bad pick, especially since he traded up for him.   Now if he's going to be good at playing the role Sheard used to play, but mainly at LDE, which I think is appropriate and is probably his ceiling, then the investment in a late 2nd round pick would seem to be worth it.   Nice to see that he's having success at the position a lot of us thought was his natural position from the beginning.
    • I had him listed as my surprise breakout as well, we have some nice DE pieces with Houston,Autry,AQM,Lewis and Turay coming back, starting to worry if Bangou needs to be shifted back to LB like he played often in college maybe take some of Franklin's snaps ? 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...