Steelers Decker OT 

Seahawks Whitehair OG 

Packers Rankins DL 

Chiefs Thomas WR 

Cardinals Kelly C 

Panthers Spriggs OT 

Broncos Cook QB 

Colts select Houston CB William Jackson III 

I'm warming up to Jackson as well. I think he could make a lot of plays opposite Vontae. (Eventually, all rookie CB's take their lumps). Jackson or Darren Lee is who I am thinking now. I see Billings is not in the first round of this draft?

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Steelers met with Decker recently I think that's most likely where he ends up if he falls that far

I think Decker would fit here, but we don't seem to be doing much in FA this time around .

For me, I'd have it between Spence, Kelly, and Jackson III under when faced with those choices.  I think I'd be fairly indifferent between the three...

I love William Jackson. I think he's gonna be a star corner. But I think we have to go pass rusher with the situation we're putting ourselves in. If we'd be smart and sign Junior Galette then yeah William Jackson would be awesome.

I think you guys are pushing this "desperate need for a number 2 CB" thing too far. I mean I like Jackson too but #18 is way to high for him. That's a reach if I've ever seen him.

Not saying Jackson is him but, the last time a CB from Houston ran a good time and shot up draft boards, he got taken in the first and it didn't work out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts are currently sitting at $23.5m in 2021 cap space.   If the contract is going to look like what was suggested in the OP, then the Colts would be wise to make it a big signing bonus and use a good chunk of our current cap space to lower future years.   Leonard Current Contract:1yr $4.2m   5yr $95m extension with $45m signing bonus, $66m guaranteed(all but 2025+2026 base)   Leonard new contract: 2021: $3.384m base, $9.834m signing bonus(old+new) 2021 cap hit - $13.218m 2022: $6m base $9m SB - $15m cap hit 2023: $7m base $9m SB - $16m cap hit 2024: $8m base $9m SB - $17m cap hit 2025: $9m base $9m SB - $18m cap hit 2026: $20m base - $20m cap hit     That's what needs to be done.     That leaves the Colts with $14.5m in 2021 cap space still.   They could potentially do something similar with Smith(maybe $5m of new deal paid in 2021?) or wait till next year to try and work out a deal. If not Franchise him, then worry about Q extension next year or still have 5th year option to fall back on.   I know the Colts are not usually a big SB team but this will help reduce some future cap hits.   Hopefully the contract comes in more around the $80-$85m range though.   Either way, as been mentioned, you cant preach build from with in and take care of your guys and then let them leave. All words will ring hollow after that.   Get the deal done Ballard 
    • I would agree, if we havent gone tackle at 21, then 54 is a great spot   I just think he is going to be gone before 54
    • For the sake of this mock, and no trade-downs, I'm assuming that Ballard is still waiting on Ertz to be released. It may happen before or after the draft, but when it happens, I believe we pounce and get him for a decent price to come here and be with Wentz this year.  
    • I'll take the Titans. Lets be the Colts rivals for a draft!    
    • I will play, let me look at the rules.
  • Members

• danlhart87

danlhart87 8,621

• Solon

Solon 94

• MPStack

MPStack 3,491

• DaColts85

DaColts85 508

• Nadine

Nadine 6,646

Administrators