Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanchise to Denver!

SilentHill

They did NOT get Sanchez to be their starter.

They got Mark Sanchez to be their back-up.

And in case no one noticed,  he didn't do a bad job of being a back-up in Philly.     He did pretty well.

Good pick-up in Denver.

No one has beaten John Elway about his head with a giant Stupid Stick!     The man knows what he's doing.

He built the NFL's #1 offense in two years and they went to the Super Bowl.    And lost.

And then in two more years, he built the NFL's #1 defense and they went back to the Super Bowl.    And won.

Give the man a little credit.....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They did NOT get Sanchez to be their starter.

They got Mark Sanchez to be their back-up.

And in case no one noticed,  he didn't do a bad job of being a back-up in Philly.     He did pretty well.

Good pick-up in Denver.

No one has beaten John Elway about his head with a giant Stupid Stick!     The man knows what he's doing.

He built the NFL's #1 offense in two years and they went to the Super Bowl.    And lost.

And then in two more years, he built the NFL's #1 defense and they went back to the Super Bowl.    And won.

Give the man a little credit.....

I bet he's the day 1 starter, who else can they get at this point that is better?

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

I bet he's the day 1 starter, who else can they get at this point that is better?

It's been all over the news....   the Broncos are looking at 5,  maybe even 6 other guys....

-- Kaepernick

-- RG3

-- Fitzpatrick

-- Glennon

-- AJ McCarron

And the long shot would be.....     Sam Bradford.    

Odds are very strong that one of these SIX players will be Denver's starter next year.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's been all over the news....   the Broncos are looking at 5,  maybe even 6 other guys....

-- Kaepernick

-- RG3

-- Fitzpatrick

-- Glennon

-- AJ McCarron

Odds are very strong that one of these SIX players will be Denver's starter next year.

Bradford?  He just signed a contract with the Eagles

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Bradford?  He just signed a contract with the Eagles

I know....   but the story I heard on NFL Radio said this.....

The Eagles just signed Chase Daniel to be their $7 Million dollar a year back-up.    Who pays a back-up that kind of money?

And.....

They noted that Philly has not paid Bradford a single penny of his new money yet.    Doesn't happen until closer to the season.      So, if Denver came up with a pick and a willingness to help pay some of the money,  then maybe a deal was possible.      But, like I noted -- it's a real long shot.

23 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Denver fans are hoping he is moved to SF in the Kap deal. Makes some sense. 

In the current NFL, given the plethora of starting QBs going down last year and OL issues prevalent around the league, you need a capable backup QB. Given the fact the Broncos lost 2 QBs, it is only reasonable they sign 2 QBs.

People forget that Sanchez went to the AFC Championship Game twice with a good defense.  This time around he will have an elite one.  Regardless if he's the backup or not Broncos at least have something to work with for the future.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

People forget that Sanchez went to the AFC Championship Game twice with a good defense.  This time around he will have an elite one.  Regardless if he's the backup or not Broncos at least have something to work with for the future.

Yeah he has a decent resume. I would say for his career he been nothing special but Above Average, Average at worse. Now he will have a Defense that can win games for him if he does play like he had in NY in 2009 and 2010. I always look at if a QB has been to a Final 4 or SB because it's tough to do. Glad Andrew has been to one at least as that says a lot how he can lead a team.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sanchise will be the backup IMO. Elway isn't done yet. They are going to miss Peyton's presence no matter who they pick up. Peyton didn't play great but just having him out there was huge. Teams had to respect their Offense because Peyton was still dangerous at times and smarter than everyone else.

Nobody respected that offense.  We all love Peyton, but we don't have to give him credit for everything.

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Nobody respected that offense.  We all love Peyton, but we don't have to give him credit for everything.

I definitely give more credit to the Defense for winning but I think the Pats game is where Peyton's presence really stood out. He set the tone early with 2 TD passes, didn't turn it over, and BB went for it on 4th Down a couple of times when the Pats were in FG range. Does BB do that if Brock or anyone else is QBing? I cant answer that and don't pretend to be right when I say I think he kicks FG's instead if Peyton isn't on the other side. He respected Peyton presence that much IMO. In reality that was probably the real SB like 2006 was because I think the Pats would've beat the Panthers as well.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I definitely give more credit to the Defense for winning but I think the Pats game is where Peyton's presence really stood out. He set the tone early with 2 TD passes, didn't turn it over, and BB went for it on 4th Down a couple of times when the Pats were in FG range. Does BB do that if Brock or anyone else is QBing? I cant answer that and don't pretend to be right when I say I think he kicks FG's instead if Peyton isn't on the other side. He respected Peyton presence that much IMO. In reality that was probably the real SB like 2006 was because I think the Pats would've beat the Panthers as well.

I wouldnt call that the real SB.  The Panthers were a hell of a team quarterbacked by the reigning MVP.   The Bears......not so much.

• 3 weeks later...
On March 10, 2016 at 0:54 PM, NewColtsFan said:

-- Kaepernick

-- RG3

-- Fitzpatrick

-- Glennon

-- AJ McCarron

AJ would be an interesting choice in Denver that kid has a decent arm, scrabbles well, & could manage games well enough to win games with that Broncos D that is still formidable NCF. 

On March 10, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Gramz said:

:scratch: I didn't see this one coming.

No one did Gramz. It's good to know that even butt fumblers get a shot at an NFL resurrection I suppose. 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, BOTT said:

He QB's his team to 3 playoff wins....You have to give him credit for the wins.

They beat NE..who was supposedly unstoppbale when they were 10-0

Broncos don't reach the Super Bowl without Peyton's come-from-behind performance in the final regular season game (a loss and they'd have been the 5th seed) and the AFC title game against NE..

I don't know why folks don't want to give him credit after years of bashing him for not winning playoff games.

You know that the argument for years was: Numbers don't matter!! Playoff wins do.

Once he won playoff games, the argument became: His numbers were not great so they won in spite of him.

Nobody who understand the NFL thinks anybody wins playoff games in spite of the QB

(See Brian Hoyer)

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Broncos don't reach the Super Bowl without Peyton's come-from-behind performance in the final regular season game (a loss and they'd have been the 5th seed) and the AFC title game against NE..

I don't know why folks don't want to give him credit after years of bashing him for not winning playoff games.

You know that the argument for years was: Numbers don't matter!! Playoff wins do.

Once he won playoff games, the argument became: His numbers were not great so they won in spite of him.

Nobody who understand the NFL thinks anybody wins playoff games in spite of the QB

(See Brian Hoyer)

I have noticed that too. Playoff wins/SB wins only matter to most people when it comes to Tom or Ben eventhough Tom played like garbage in SB 36 vs the Rams and Ben played like garbage in SB 40 vs the Seahawks but because they won that is all that mattered. When Peyton plays like garbage like he did against the Panthers, numbers matter all of the sudden?? All I know is Peyton had 2 TD passes against the Pats and had 0 INT's while Tom struggled. Peyton 3-1 vs Tom in Title games. In 2007 when we played the Chargers, Peyton threw for over 300 Yards and had 3 TD passes but because we lost numbers didn't matter then haha 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

(See Brian Hoyer)

Get over it.  Peyton wasn't good.  And teams have won playoff games despite their QB.  Hell, the Steelers won a super bowl despite Big Ben.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Get over it.  Peyton wasn't good.  And teams have won playoff games despite their QB.  Hell, the Steelers won a super bowl despite Big Ben.

Yeah I even admit Peyton stunk it up against Carolina. Sometimes a QB's best friend is his Defense. I am hopeful the Colts can build a Great Defense to help Andrew out.

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

(See Brian Hoyer)

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I even admit Peyton stunk it up against Carolina. Sometimes a QB's best friend is his Defense. I am hopeful the Colts can build a Great Defense to help Andrew out.

Well he did what was asked of him. He realized he had a grt D he can actually rely on instead of them relying on him, all players had extra incentive , that spark Kubiack wanted to inspire team to all out effort

knowing his mind can just play a conservative run first team, buy time , and strike when the  chance was there late

Each playoff he had initial drives and got leads allowing the D to t off

u have to give him some credit, its a team game and he did what was asked and needed and most likely felt it was somewhat humbling to do so not trying to be a focal point and he played hurt, that foot may now finally be heeled but it couldn't of been at that time and  he couldn't throw off it

26 minutes ago, bayone said:

Well he did what was asked of him. He realized he had a grt D he can actually rely on instead of them relying on him, all players had extra incentive , that spark Kubiack wanted to inspire team to all out effort

knowing his mind can just play a conservative run first team, buy time , and strike when the  chance was there late

Each playoff he had initial drives and got leads allowing the D to t off

u have to give him some credit, its a team game and he did what was asked and needed and most likely felt it was somewhat humbling to do so not trying to be a focal point and he played hurt, that foot may now finally be heeled but it couldn't of been at that time and  he couldn't throw off it

I give Peyton huge credit for his win over the Patriots and that was the important game IMO. Where he had the 2 TD's and no INT's. I knew once the Broncos got by the Pats they had it won just like in 2006 when we won it. To me Carolina wasn't better than the Patriots is why I thought like that, Cam isn't anywhere near the QB Tom Brady is and BB is much better that Rivera. A lot of people couldn't get out of their mind that Seattle blew out Denver in SB 48 but the difference going into SB 50 was Denver's Defense was much better. Von Miller, Talib, and Ware didn't play in SB48. Peyton had a subpar SB is basically what I posted and he did but he didn't do anything to lose it either which is GREAT like throw a pick 6 or put his Defense in bad situations. Bottom line is he maintained and managed the SB well and that is all that counts. I am not taking anything away from him, so please don't think that I am. I am probably the biggest Peyton Manning fan ever (except for Gramz LOL) and have enjoyed this offseason to the fullest.