Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson I Got Your Tell

Coltsagent

This is not as easy a question to answer as everyone makes it to be. Manning is a human being with strong feelings of loyalty who expressed significant concern with Bill (not Chris) Polian being let go. He was just as close or more so to Caldwell and he is extremely smart. He knows he is nearing the end of his career and only has one ring and would seriously question being able to get another one as part of a "rebuilding" process. If he is healthy and the Colts pay him the $28 million, they will have to go into a total rebuilding because of the cap damage that bonus does to the team when combined with the existing cap problems we have. That makes the rebuild process dependent on draft choices, not expensive free agents that eveyone thinks we will chase because of Grigson's involvement with the Eagles.

I believe that letting Caldwell go pushes Manning into a place he didn't want to go and he asks for a release rather than being willing to renegotiate that bonus.

I understand its going to be hard for Peyton and the Colts to win a Superbowl while "rebuilding". The thing is there has never been a starting QB in league history to win more then one Superbowl with more then one team. So if Peyton is thinking of just winning a Superbowl again. Staying with the Colts is the way to go historically. Lets not forget that Denver had to rebuild alittle before Elway was able to win his first and second Superbowl. This does happen.

In your opinion, could annoyance or plain old public speaking nervousness account for a lot of his body language?

It is quite possible. However if you look at his body language throughout the interview he only shows signs of nervousness at "stress points" like the PM question and the hiring of a new DC before a new HC. Now this could be that he just doesn't want to give out too much information. Either way his brain is screaming at his mouth to shut up while at the same time causing the nervous ticks (ringing of the hands, fluttering of the eyes, frog in throat, etc) as a way to try and burn off all the extra energy it has produced.

Watch politicians during interviews and you will see, especially during presidential debates, when they are asked questions which they do not want to answer or which they are hiding something their body language and method of speaking changes dramatically.

I use this on my wife and she gets very upset with me! heh heh heh "How much did you spend today, honey?" "Well, Ummm, I saved...." "Uh huh..."

Maybe this post is tongue in cheek and im missing it..

The Jets. This team is a far cry from an assured playoff appearance with Peyton...much less an assured Super Bowl win.

I thought the same thing, and he also included the Colts, who I think are almost as far away as the Jets.

Just watch that press conference. The subsconscious mind has fascinating ways to display the conscious thoughts in body language. Grigson was fluid at times, even Galdiator like at the end. But when the one time Peyton was brought up it was a quick "no" folllowed by a literal "washing of the hands clean". Was his subsconscious clearly not comfortable? That grinding of the hands is his tell! He is hinding something. You dont get this job without knowing what you are doing with the face of THE NFL.

Bad sign for thos eof us who want manning back.