Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC SOUTH

MarquisJ

Is it just me or is our division not a joke anymore? Titans and Jax are doing some very interesting things.. Then you have the division winners/ very hungry Texans team that have been wanting our spot for awhile now. Hey i could be exaggerating but don't expect a cake walk anymore!

Yeah I think that's becoming a popular opinion. However I feel like The Jaguars will be the biggest threat, and they are 1-2 years away from actually being a threat.  I feel as if the Titans are the furthest away, (I'm not 100% sold on the young QB quite yet.) and as for the Texans, they might not have a good enough QB, so even though they have the best all around team but with no QB  they are dead in the water. 

4 minutes ago, Deathiltis said:

Solid chance the Colts have to fight for the Wildcard spot. Lot of needs on this team.

I think we've still got a hold on the division if Luck picks back up where he left off in 2014...

13 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Is it just me or is our division not a joke anymore? Titans and Jax are doing some very interesting things.. Then you have the division winners/ very hungry Texans team that have been wanting our spot for awhile now. Hey i could be exaggerating but don't expect a cake walk anymore!

In my opinion, J'ville has the most talent of any team in the AFC South.

On paper it looks that way, but I'll believe it when I see it - especially from the Titans. Jags I think are still 2 years away from being a consistent threat and Houston can only go so far without a QB. Even if they get Osweiler, I'm still not too scared of them 

I love how everyone conveniently forgot the game against Jax that we only won because their kicker missed those field goals at the end of the game....

They're not a threat though... right?

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I love how everyone conveniently forgot the game against Jax that we only won because their kicker missed those field goals at the end of the game....

They're not a threat though... right?

our roster was hurting

If Osweiler goes to the Texans and is at least acceptable the Texans will be a problem. 

All the jags have to do is get a few more pieces on defense and they will be truly a problem.

I dont see the titans being much competition.

23 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

It seemed like the Colts "won" free agency last year & look how that panned out...

We have never came close to "winning" Free agency 

with all the talent that has hit the market since Grigson got here our FA have all been a damn big joke

54 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

The jags have quietly been improving roster wise. their defense is set to look outrageous especially if they strike on Jack in the draft . 

Texans if they land Osweiler will finally have a capable QB. 

Titans have silently been building a core team as well. 

I have noticed that all division does have done something at rb trying to follow the old "run through the colts" formula but I'm actually getting a little annoyed because we aren't picking up anyone on the line nor anywhere else 

2 minutes ago, corgi said:

Well in his defense, the Jags have like 4x the Cap space.

He isn't doing anything to try and counter them building a scary D. And there O is already pretty good and will be a problem for our trash D

thats not even mentioning the * not cutting our bad players so we would have cap space to sign players 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He isn't doing anything to try and counter them building a scary D. And there O is already pretty good and will be a problem for our trash D

So because nothing has leaked and even though the league year doesn't start for a few hours, Grigson is literally in his office, lights off, Boys II Men blaring, with his thumb in parts unknown? Sure, that makes total sense.

Just now, corgi said:

So because nothing has leaked and even though the league year doesn't start for a few hours, Grigson is literally in his office, lights off, Boys II Men blaring, with his thumb in parts unknown? Sure, that makes total sense.

Yeah that's the more likely scenario he's done that almost every year he wakes up after all the talent is off the board  

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah that's the more likely scenario he's done that almost every year he wakes up after all the talent is off the board  

I don't get the disappointment then. It's the norm. I don't psyche myself up for these things.

1 hour ago, Deathiltis said:

Solid chance the Colts have to fight for the Wildcard spot. Lot of needs on this team.

I think we're all gonna have to except that for the next 1 or possibly 2 years, this team, regardless of how well we do in draft and free agency, is only going to be as good as it's offense. If we can add the C/RG to our o-line, and possibly a future replacement for Gore, the offense will be set.

On the defensive side, there are just too many holes fix in one FA/Draft period. I think the best we can hope for here is to add some beef to the d-line in the draft (maybe even use our first rounder on that), shore up the secondary a bit, and maybe with a little bit of luck we strike gold with a pass rusher. I feel confident about the line & secondary, but I am concerned that pass rush may be nonexistent for us again this year, there just aren't enough options out there right now.

All that being said, that should very well still be enough to win our division, but the rest of the South is definitely catching up.

we wont know until the season come around, it is sure looking that way though.

I predict if Luck does not start 16 games or has a down year we could finish 3rd in the division behind Jax and Houston given the state of our roster

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It could also be that Grigs is indeed reaching out to a lot of players. But those players are being pulled away by other teams with better offers in terms of money. 

Wow!!! someone with a sense of reality!!! Good job!!! It's called competition and other teams have more money. People seem to get this notion that just because the Colts go after a player it guarenteed he has to sign with us and if he doesn't it's automatically Grigsons fault and he's horrible blah blah. They never take into account that there are other teams who want and need those same players. We aren't the only ones. And it comes down to what the PLAYER chooses to accept.

6 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Titans and jags get players like malik Jackson and Demarco Murray. We re-sign Trent Cole and a long snapper. Not a good start to our off season at all

Let's give the Jags and Titans the off season championship trophies then :). Woohoo!!! :scoregood:

Contrary to other years, I am actually glad that we are having no news on the FA front the first week of free agency. I hope it continues and we land our first FAs outside our team in week 2 and/or later. That is when bargains happen, after we let the dust settle.