Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselbeck gets new gig

GoColts8818

9 hours ago, BOTT said:

For the love of god, remove Chris Berman.

Berman was like that Uncle you only see a couple times a year that you think is hilarious when you're a kid. Then you grow up and he's the equivalent of watching an Uncle Joey bit on Full House.

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

While I am happy for Matt, ESPN is despicable for why they removed Ditka. But that's for another thread.

Congrats Matt.

For whatever it's worth,  Ditka has not been fired by the network.     Only removed from the morning pre-game show.       What I've read is that he'll be given an emeritus position....   so he'll be a senior NFL statesman.

Personally,  I think Ditka is terrible,  but I'm glad he wasn't dumped.    I'm fine with his new position.

I think this is a win-win with Hasselbeck getting a really good job....    so happy for Matt!

On March 9, 2016 at 11:04 PM, ColtStrong said:

Me too. ESPN Sunday pregame seems so 90's now. It was cool back in the day, but I like NFLN better now.

I dunno, the NFL network is horrible too.  I would rather listen to Chris Carter and Hasselbeck than Irvin and sanders.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it's worth,  Ditka has not been fired by the network.     Only removed from the morning pre-game show.       What I've read is that he'll be given an emeritus position....   so he'll be a senior NFL statesman.

Personally,  I think Ditka is terrible,  but I'm glad he wasn't dumped.    I'm fine with his new position.

I think this is a win-win with Hasselbeck getting a really good job....    so happy for Matt!

Mike doesnt know anything that occurred after 1995..he's way too removed from the game.

....and he doesn't want to travel to Bristol Connecticut evert weekend.

He said that on ESPN Chicago

Matt is perfect for this role and finally we'll get a little more insight on the Colts and Andrew Luck nationally

So few nationally seem to actually follow the Colts

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Mike doesnt know anything that occurred after 1995..he's way too removed from the game.

....and he doesn't want to travel to Bristol Connecticut evert weekend.

He said that on ESPN Chicago

Matt is perfect for this role and finally we'll get a little more insight on the Colts and Andrew Luck nationally

So few nationally seem to actually follow the Colts

I think this might be the MOST TRUE thing you've ever said!    It's sadly incredibly true!

This week, Todd McShay projected Taylor Decker of Ohio State to the Colts,  and if that weren't bad enough,  he said he'd obviously be the LEFT tackle.    He either has forgotten about Castanzo, or thinks last year was the norm and not the exception to the rule.      And yes,  Kiper did the same thing about a month ago!

Just frustrates me no end......      Ugh!!