Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne-"I feel like the old 2001-2002 Reggie,Hopefully, I'll get a glimpse of those fresh legs and make some plays"

coltsuser21

Reggie Wayne reported to Indianapolis Colts training camp with intentions of turning back the clock.

Gone is the beard. Gone is the concern over his contract, which expires after this season. Gone are any distractions.

“One thing about it, I haven't felt this good in years,” Wayne said after the first Colts practice Monday at Anderson University. “I felt so good that I cut my facial hair off. I feel young. I feel like the old 2001, 2002 Reggie. Hopefully, I'll get a glimpse of those fresh legs and make some plays.”

Dallas Clark sees it.

“He does look like four years younger,” Clark said. “He looks great. Reggie is Reggie. I haven't seen any slowness in him since he's been here. He's a true professional of the game. It's fun to work with guys like that.”

He caught a career-high 111 passes for 1,355 yards and six touchdowns.

Now he says he feels better than ever? That should be more than a good sign for the Colts' offense when quarterback Peyton Manning finally gets back at the controls.

http://photos.indystar.com/galleries/13679-colts-training-camp-day-1

I hope it's true and I hope the fact it's a contract year for him leads him to have his best season yet.

Alot of us have been down on Reggie (myself included) over the past year starting with the Superbowl and continuing to his grumblings about his contract the following year to his apparently declining speed and inability to get open deep and memorable drops last season but the guy plays hurt, never takes plays off and is still the most dependable receiver on our roster

Great to hear he's motivated and sorry for ever taking him for granted

Not only have I had to defend Reggie from family saying he has, "lost it", he clearly shows he has it. However, the real story in that video is the sheer amount of awesomeness Peyton still has. People saying he is winding down are out of their minds. Look at some of those throws, within inches of defenders. Statistically speaking, there was an article published on ESPN that combined all of Peytons Yds, pct, TD's, 3rd downs, etc into a formula that made it the second greatest QB season behind only Tom Brady's Record Breaker. People are quick to forget that (Not so much us, but the "media").

I love it when the Reggie Wayne haters come out of the woodwork. Have fun watching him have a great year and earn an extension or a new contract. He's in great shape and won't have to bear so much of the load as he did last season. Can't wait.

Yea because that's one of the things we've learned this off season. Teams are absolutely willing to give great aging WR lots and lots of $. Probably in the 6yr 50 mill range. No doubt about it.

Yea because that's one of the things we've learned this off season. Teams are absolutely willing to give great aging WR lots and lots of $. Probably in the 6yr 50 mill range. No doubt about it.

Please. Reggie's never gonna get 6 for 50....especially with the way our front office is trending now. But the guy has been rock solid for years and is a team leader. Made chicken salad outta chicken crap out there last year with every D in the league keying on him while 1/2 our offense was banged up & he played hurt because we had to have him on the field. He's got grit. He's also restructed in the past to help the cap and was patient playing as #2 behind Harrison for years. Reggie's stayin' a Colt, make no mistake. I'd expect another 3 or possibly 4 years tops. I'd also expect him to become more increasingly a role player over those years. Of course. Possession guy while we find a burner that can stretch the field on any given play.

It's not just because he is in a contract year. Reggie has always performed well for the Colts. I remember the year we went to the Super Bowl, he came to training camp in his truck with his hard hat and lunch box saying he was ready to work and pave the road towards the Super Bowl. Reggie is an awesome worker, great player and has a terrific attitude.

Generally when a great player does the ole ' I feel the best I've ever felt, feel like I'm 22 again, I'm definitely matching *insert players best statistical year* I feel that good. '

It's not a good thing. Just saying.

That's exactly what I was thinking... one step below the agent saying he's in "freakish shape"

hahaha.