Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rank the needs

CR91

with free agency basically starting tomorrow(Wednesday officially) where do you rank the biggest need? heres my list

1.2nd CB

2.Pass Rusher

3.OG

4.OT

5.RB

perhaps my top propriety is a bit of a surprise since everyone thinks its oline and pass rusher, but im a firm believer that a good pass rush comes from good coverage. I also think getting a good cb opposite Vontae will allow us to take more chances on defense. jenkins is one CB I would love to get. hayward and sean smith are fine, but jenkins is my top option. The guard spot I expect us to take care of in FA via boone or osemele. either one would be a great addition. OT Id love to get conklin giving luck a line he deserves. I didnt list a center because I dont have a problem with holmes and I think he'll flourish in the ZBS

EDGE rusher

Guard

Corner

Center

Those 4 have to be addressed I a major way this offseason in order for us to compete for a Super Bowl. Than we also could use a NT, and a ball hawking safety after that. I think we can definitely fill 5 needs this offseason but we'd have to hit big with the draft. Example being. Signing a G, C, and Corner in free agency. Then with our first 2 picks go EDGE rusher in the 1st. Then NT in the 2nd. If those 2 draft picks can come in and make an impact day 1 (which they should being early picks) Then we're set.

I see alot of people list pass rush as first. I don't disagree but I don't think it has to be an OLB. We need to add play makers in our front seven. We have a few people who do a pretty decent job but need more talent. Manning and Brady have both been quoted as saying the pressure that gives them the most trouble is pressure up the middle whether that be by blitzing or interior defensive lineman providing pressure I'm not sure that part matters. One other thing I wanted to add is our ability to stop the run more consistently will also aid in our pass rush. In my opinion it is alot harder to apply pressure in third and shorts because the QB has no need to hold the ball very long.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

with free agency basically starting tomorrow(Wednesday officially) where do you rank the biggest need? heres my list

1.2nd CB

2.Pass Rusher

3.OG

4.OT

5.RB

perhaps my top propriety is a bit of a surprise since everyone thinks its oline and pass rusher, but im a firm believer that a good pass rush comes from good coverage. I also think getting a good cb opposite Vontae will allow us to take more chances on defense. jenkins is one CB I would love to get. hayward and sean smith are fine, but jenkins is my top option. The guard spot I expect us to take care of in FA via boone or osemele. either one would be a great addition. OT Id love to get conklin giving luck a line he deserves. I didnt list a center because I dont have a problem with holmes and I think he'll flourish in the ZBS

I tend to disagree with your belief that good pass coverage creates good pass rushing. I would argue that it's the opposite.  look at the Giants all those years they were good. It wasn't their suspect secondary that beat the Patriots in the Super bowls. Alternatively you look at the Seahawks of today. The Legion of boom, even at their best didn't really slow Tom Brady down all that much in any meeting they had. I agree we need another cb, but I wouldn't say it's our number one need. 

I'd say 

Oline (og) 

Pass rush (olb) 

Cb

Center 

TE (atm until we resign 1/both our TEs) 

Ilb if we don't retain Freeman and/or cut D'Qwell 

Rb

16 minutes ago, Combsey said:

I see alot of people list pass rush as first. I don't disagree but I don't think it has to be an OLB. We need to add play makers in our front seven. We have a few people who do a pretty decent job but need more talent. Manning and Brady have both been quoted as saying the pressure that gives them the most trouble is pressure up the middle whether that be by blitzing or interior defensive lineman providing pressure I'm not sure that part matters. One other thing I wanted to add is our ability to stop the run more consistently will also aid in our pass rush. In my opinion it is alot harder to apply pressure in third and shorts because the QB has no need to hold the ball very long.

Olb is just an area that makes the most sense as we need bodies there atm. You can only start so many guys on the d line and we have two good vets and two young prospects.  Already have one riding the bench most of the time. With olb we have 2 aging vets and a run stopper, we just cut our young prospect and probably cutting the less effective old guy. It's the position that needs an infusion of young talent the most. 

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

1.2nd CB

2.Pass Rusher

3.OG

4.OT

5.RB

1A

1B

1C

1D

1E

13 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

EDGE rusher

Guard

Corner

Center

Those 4 have to be addressed I a major way this offseason in order for us to compete for a Super Bowl. Than we also could use a NT, and a ball hawking safety after that. I think we can definitely fill 5 needs this offseason but we'd have to hit big with the draft. Example being. Signing a G, C, and Corner in free agency. Then with our first 2 picks go EDGE rusher in the 1st. Then NT in the 2nd. If those 2 draft picks can come in and make an impact day 1 (which they should being early picks) Then we're set.

Agreed 100000000000000% 

Im gonna Rank as following 

1) Center

2) Right Guard

3) Offensive Tackle

4) Outside Linebacker

5) Corner

Alot of pressure came from the Interior this past season. i Think Goode with a solid year in the back and an off-season and camp under his belt could flourish as a solid Right Tackle.