Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superman's 2016 offseason mock (2.0)

On 3/6/2016 at 10:07 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

OK, I'm not a fan of Sio and Nate.  Can't beat out Freeman and D'Q at ILB...

And none of those 4 are a CJ Mosley type ILB...  at least... none have stepped up to prove so at this point...

I don't think Ragland is a Mosley-type player either.

Irving wasn't healthy last year; I'm thinking he'll get more burn this year. Sio was in the dog house, maybe the new staff will take a liking to him (I still don't get why he didn't play more). 

Either way, it wasn't really my goal to hold to our ILB ideal of the last couple years. I don't think DQ is very good, especially in space, so my thinking is to improve the pass rush and keep the run defense tight, and hopefully that takes some pressure off of the Mike backer in coverage and allows the Will backer to range around a little bit more. I also think the back end would be better, and could help out against TEs without putting DQ in solo coverage so much.

Just explaining my thinking. I don't think Ragland would help any of our issues, but that's just a difference of opinion on Ragland's potential/role. 

21 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

If you think Howard can start outside and Heyward inside, what are your plans for Smith? We drafted him pretty high to just be a rotational guy.

Can't have too many cover men.  At this point, Smith doesn't seem like a world beater, and I wouldn't make him my only bet for #3 outside CB.  If he pans out, maybe we're starting to build a complete, deep CB corps.