Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will we extend anyone before Free Agency?

I'm curious, first of all will we extend Luck before free agency? It would be nice to know how much room we have to work with.

Second, players like Fleener, Allen, and Vinatieri do we expect to get them signed before free agency starts?

I only ask because we are a mere 7 days away from the free agency circus.

There's not really a rush to sign Andrew because he's under contract would actually probably be smarter to wait because you know he's going to be on the roster you can adjust the 1st year 2nd year salary based on what you feel is absolutely necessary this year in the free agent market.
At least that's one way I would approach it

It would be nice to get Luck done in the next week,  but it doesn't feel like that's going to happen.   Grigson has talked about getting it done before camp opens in July.

I assume we'll get some deals done in the next 7 days,  but i confess I'm surprised we haven't officially cut ties with anyone.      Andre Johnson and Trent Cole are still on the roster -- we haven't cut them.    So, are we trying to keep them, but at a reduced salary?      Maybe....

Figure either Fleener or Allen gets signed in the next week....  getting both done in the next week may be difficult...

Strange start to the off-season so far.....

I don't expect Luck any time soon.  I expect Vinatieri, Allen or Fleener and Freeman to get done.  I am also surprised there have been no more cuts.  Especially Johnson.  Maybe they are holding on to Cole in case they can't find a replacement?  I would not be surprised to see a few restructured contracts as well: Jones, Jackson. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The kid is special. Great draft thus far if Pittman pans out as I believe he will. Let’s see:  Pick 1: DeForest Buckner: Alpha Starter Pick 2: Pittman: Future stud WR Pick 2(b): Taylor: Starting RB Pick 3: Blackmon: Starting FS Pick 4: Eason: Future starting QB? Picks 5-6: Future OL starter; Stud kick returner;  unknown DT/LB/WR. But they’re on the team. heckuva draft. And Blackmon might prove to be the best of the lot. 
    • there are different types of fans and that is okay .   You think that is bad come to eagles stadium and watch how bad they are .  Colts fans are usually very mild , i went to the old rca dome as a kid all the time when i lived in Indiana i used to think the  crowds were rough but in reality they are so mild compared to philly crowds .   When i moved out to jersey for college it was a huge culture shock .  MY friends are eagles fans and i go to games with them they boo eagles players who get injured when the eagles are losing .     Even when the eagles were 13-3 on the radio shows the fans call in going off saying fire peterson wentz is overrated .  Same with jets fans they are never happy unless they blow teams out every week  which is never .    It doesnt mean your not a fan some people just get crrazy about football and take it out on the team they root for.
    • I assumed they would be bad that division has consistently been a bad division for years. They have had multiple division winners at 8-8. If they were 17-5 that would be surprising. GIants and WFT have been bad for the last 3 years. and the Cowboys arent as good as everyone always likes to act
    • agree to disagree. if yu cant see franks play calling & offensive philosophy doesn't put his team en advantageous positions to even look successful, i can t help you i'm understand. franks play calling and personnel packages actually help the defense stop the offense.    but yea frank's awesome lol top of his class
    • I feel like we get spoiled by some of our recent defensive picks them seemingly are and look like studs "Leonard, Okereke, Blackmon" that if we get a guy who's just "solid" some of us are upset.    Personally I'm neither high or low on him. I think he's fine, I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 CB, but I think he can be a really solid #2 Outside guy.
  • Members

• danlhart87

danlhart87 3,862

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 10,483

• KelownaColtsFan

KelownaColtsFan 136

• CR91

CR91 10,876

• coltsva

coltsva 1,755

• dw49