Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will we extend anyone before Free Agency?

I'm curious, first of all will we extend Luck before free agency? It would be nice to know how much room we have to work with.

Second, players like Fleener, Allen, and Vinatieri do we expect to get them signed before free agency starts?

I only ask because we are a mere 7 days away from the free agency circus.

There's not really a rush to sign Andrew because he's under contract would actually probably be smarter to wait because you know he's going to be on the roster you can adjust the 1st year 2nd year salary based on what you feel is absolutely necessary this year in the free agent market.
At least that's one way I would approach it

It would be nice to get Luck done in the next week,  but it doesn't feel like that's going to happen.   Grigson has talked about getting it done before camp opens in July.

I assume we'll get some deals done in the next 7 days,  but i confess I'm surprised we haven't officially cut ties with anyone.      Andre Johnson and Trent Cole are still on the roster -- we haven't cut them.    So, are we trying to keep them, but at a reduced salary?      Maybe....

Figure either Fleener or Allen gets signed in the next week....  getting both done in the next week may be difficult...

Strange start to the off-season so far.....

I don't expect Luck any time soon.  I expect Vinatieri, Allen or Fleener and Freeman to get done.  I am also surprised there have been no more cuts.  Especially Johnson.  Maybe they are holding on to Cole in case they can't find a replacement?  I would not be surprised to see a few restructured contracts as well: Jones, Jackson.