Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess who we sign in FA.

• This should be interesting. Everybody take a guess at who we sign in free agency. Make it realistic. Don't have us signing like 6 high caliber players or nothing LOL. Here's my best guess.

Janorris Jenkins 4/36

Jeff Allen 4/28

Jason Pierre Paul 1/10

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:
  • This should be interesting. Everybody take a guess at who we sign in free agency. Make it realistic. Don't have us signing like 6 high caliber players or nothing LOL. Here's my best guess.

Janorris Jenkins 4/36

Jeff Allen 4/28

Jason Pierre Paul 1/10

Maybe you've answered this before but what do you plan on doing with Mewhort and Jeff Allen since they both play LG. Move Jack to the RT spot and kick Denzelle Good in at RG?

15 minutes ago, Moncrief said:

Maybe you've answered this before but what do you plan on doing with Mewhort and Jeff Allen since they both play LG. Move Jack to the RT spot and kick Denzelle Good in at RG?

No Jeff Allen would play RG. Or we would move Mewhort to RG and play Allen at LG. Either way they'd both be guards. How it'd work out I don't know. But I'm 100% sure we bring in a guard either in FA or early in the draft

34 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Janorris Jenkins 4/36

Jeff Allen 4/28

Jason Pierre Paul 1/10

Rams offered Janoris 5 for 45 and he said they lowballed him

Janoris Jenkins turned down a 5-year $45 million dollar deal from the Rams. Said that "he was low-balled". Dude what???? #NFL

— Brian Witherspoon (@Spoony29)

February 28, 2016

16 minutes ago, MTC said:

Honestly believe we're going to re-sign all our guys and maybe, just maybe, sign one corner (like mentioned before Janoris, Jerraud, Sean, or Casey). 

So sign another corner and stand pat with the Oline that beat the crap out of two QB's?

17 minutes ago, MTC said:

Honestly believe we're going to re-sign all our guys and maybe, just maybe, sign one corner (like mentioned before Janoris, Jerraud, Sean, or Casey). 

I don't know if we get Freeman (LB) back. He was on SiriusXM radio and was reported saying that he "played on the rookie deal for 3 years, one year on the tender. I guess it's time to do what's best for me"

16 minutes ago, MTC said:

No, we draft two OG/C's.

Yeah but we'd be a lot better off signing at least 1 O-Lineman in free agency. I'm all for drafting a Center in the 2nd. I think Nick Martin will be there. But it would be dangerous to draft a Center and a Guard both to come in and start or compete. We could just sign a guard and know for sure we've finally fixed the Guard spots. Jeff Allen is really good. A lot better than most people even realize. Osemele would be my top target if I were Grigs, and I think we'll make a run at him, But I think Allen is more likely. Brandon Brooks is another possibility. IMO the best case scenario would be to sign Osemele and Wisnewski so we can literally go all D in the draft.

45 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah but we'd be a lot better off signing at least 1 O-Lineman in free agency. I'm all for drafting a Center in the 2nd. I think Nick Martin will be there. But it would be dangerous to draft a Center and a Guard both to come in and start or compete. We could just sign a guard and know for sure we've finally fixed the Guard spots. Jeff Allen is really good. A lot better than most people even realize. Osemele would be my top target if I were Grigs, and I think we'll make a run at him, But I think Allen is more likely. Brandon Brooks is another possibility. IMO the best case scenario would be to sign Osemele and Wisnewski so we can literally go all D in the draft.

I really like this approach. Another reason why I want to get a guard in FA is that if we have two experienced, quality guards starting (Mewhort and Allen/Brooks/Boone are my favorite options), then a rookie center is going to have a much easier time adjusting than if he had another rookie starting next to him. I also agree n your best case scenario, this draft is loaded with defensive talent, and we need as much as that as we can get.

I would love to see us get Osemele, but I think he's going to be too expensive for us. I think some team with more cap space than us is either going to sign him to play LT, or make him the highest paid G in football. With how many moves I think we need to make, I don't see that being in our price range. Jeff Allen, Brandon Brooks, and Alex Boone will likely be more in our price range, and any one of them would be a good signing.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Janorris Jenkins 4/36

Jeff Allen 4/28

Jason Pierre Paul 1/10

For whatever it's worth....    on Yahoo.com sports today,  it was reported that the Rams have offered Jenkins 5/45....      that's your contract plus one more year.

And it turned it down.....

Because......

He thinks he's going to get 12 Mill per year.       That's 4/48 or 5/60 depending on the years.....

Teams throw around crazy money during FA.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it's worth....    on Yahoo.com sports today,  it was reported that the Rams have offered Jenkins 5/45....      that's your contract plus one more year.

And it turned it down.....

Because......

He thinks he's going to get 12 Mill per year.       That's 4/48 or 5/60 depending on the years.....

Teams throw around crazy money during FA.

Yeah I seen that a while ago. I don't see any way he gets 12 million per year. He's a very good corner. But he isn't an elite top 10 corner. He's a really good top 20, top 25 corner. I mean Vontae Davis got what? 35 million over 4 years??? I'm not quite sure. But it was something like that, and he was coming off a year in which he was a top 3 corner in the NFL. Maybe even the top corner that year. I mean I guess Oakland may offer 5/50, but I don't think he gets 12 million per year. If that's what he's wanting we need to look into Sean Smith and Casey Hayward. I'm pretty sure we could get Smith at 4/36 or Hayward at 4/32. These contracts are getting ridiculous. Just absolutely ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I seen that a while ago. I don't see any way he gets 12 million per year. He's a very good corner. But he isn't an elite top 10 corner. He's a really good top 20, top 25 corner. I mean Vontae Davis got what? 35 million over 4 years??? I'm not quite sure. But it was something like that, and he was coming off a year in which he was a top 3 corner in the NFL. Maybe even the top corner that year. I mean I guess Oakland may offer 5/50, but I don't think he gets 12 million per year. If that's what he's wanting we need to look into Sean Smith and Casey Hayward. I'm pretty sure we could get Smith at 4/36 or Hayward at 4/32. These contracts are getting ridiculous. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Sean Smith is wanting between 8 to 10 mil per season.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Sean Smith is wanting between 8 to 10 mil per season.

I'd definitely be cool with giving him 8 or 9 million. He's a number 1 type corner. He was a little down this year, but that was mostly because of injuries. The last 2 years before this one he was balling out in KC. I'd love to have a big, tall, physical corner like Smith to pair with Vontae. The bottom line is this. If we want a good corner, and not some bum we're gonna have to pay up. I mean maybe we could get Amukamara for 4/28, but I'd rather give the better CB more money. If we wanna get some bum for cheap then we'll be in the same shape we were last year. The absolute only mid tier guy I would be cool with is Patrick Robinson. I had much rather even sign an older guy like Pacman than bring in some bum like Morris Claiborn as a starter.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Here's another guess....

Sean Smith 4/36

Damon Harrison 4/32

Jeff Allen 4/28

Rod Streeter 1/2

That would be a heck of an offseason. I wasn't a huge fan of Sean Smith this year. I think we might be able to land Amukamara for cheaper, and it might be a better route to go.

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Upshaw?  Why?

It's not what you think.

Hes not coming in to get a big payday and be the Rush OLB of the future. He's coming for familiarity and depth. We can't just draft 4 OLBs. We need someone who can be a rotational guy, and he's perfect for that.

Lets not forget that his LB coach is also our DC now. And Upshaw is still young and has potential that he hasn't  unlocked. And to be fair it's not like he was a 1st round bust. He was drafted at the top of the second and played behind Suggs, Kruger, and Dummerville.

15 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I think you're in for a big surprise if you think that these guys (Smith/Jenkins) aren't going to be getting $10mil a year minimum.  Hayward is the only guy that might fall under that number due to him not proving he can play on the outside in the NFL.  You could absolutely be right, but it's Free Agency and we see this every time.  Vontae's contract is already a few years old, and there are 9 CBs already making $10mil+ a year.

Lamar Miller, jaye howard, mitchel schartz, and if dwayne allens contract doesnt pan out, ladarious Green.

Just my take.  CB of the future will be drafted, Smith will start to see some #2 duties.  OLB will be drafted too but I dont think in the first unless someone falls that we cannot pass on.  I don't think good will be our right tackle going forward as I think our scheme will change...  I bet he moves in or moves on.  

Miller will be our RB of the future, Howard will play all along our line as injuries take there toll, Schartz will be our RT for the next 5 years...  I think Allen is done (sucks cause I like him) and we will have a new star at TE

Here's what I hope.

Sean Smith 4/40

Damon Harrison 4/28

Kelechi Osemele 5/50

That's 3 prime time players getting prime time contracts, but we'll have nearly 50 million in cap space, so I don't see any reason this wouldn't be fine.  If nothing else I'd like to see Smith and Osemele to go along with a EDGE rusher on a cheaper deal. A guy like Junior Galette, JPP, or Chris Long on 1 year deals. Then we could get a EDGE rusher like Spence, Floyd, Ogbah, or Lawson in the first.

1 hour ago, evilleseniorfan said:

Mitchell Schwartz OT

Lamar Miller RB

Cody Whitehair OG, 1st round pick

and somebody's center

You won't have a quality offensive line, unless you invest in the quality draft picks.

We can have not just a quality OL, but a very good one by bringing in a free agent G and C. Like I said I want to see us invest our first 3-4 picks all on D. So by signing Osemele, Allen, or Brooks to play Guard. And Wisnewski to play Center our offensive line is fixed and it would be one of the better O-Lines in the league.  I know Grigs done well with drafting Mewhort, but he failed miserably with Holmes and Thornton. I don't really trust him to draft good O-Linemen personally. We could just sign a couple and have a sure fix.