146 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Colts do the right thing firing Caldwell

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's probably for the best. When it comes down to it, we knew nothing of Caldwell, short of his silence and bad timeout calls. We know the players liked him, but Grigson made the decision he felt was best for the team.

My guess is Irsay spoke to Spag about DC position, not HC. Of course, it wouldn't matter if we bring in a new HC who doesn't want Spags..

Finally I was very upset at murmors that Caldwell is staying. Caldwell is a great person but a mediocre coach at best. He had horrible game management decisions and he did very little to put players in situations for them to succeed. He botched development of our first round picks brown and hughes. He didnt adjust offense to match painter or any of the qbs we had

I woke up at 2:30 or so and immediately flipped to ESPN for maybe some breaking Colts news and THERE IT WAS! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Way to go Jim and Ryan. A fresh start for the franchise. No I don't want to see anybody lose their job but Caldwell made enough money he will be fine. The silver lining for this horrible season is coming to fruition. Now go get our future franchise QB.

In my delusion, I was figuring that If Caldwell was retained it implicated more confidence from the Front Office that Peyton would be able to play and remain a Colt in the future. This is the Andrew Luck era.

With that said, Jim Caldwell was not a good hire, and he earned his dismissal. It's kinda funny because if Polian or Caldwell had the nerve to go with Orlovsky sooner, they'd both still be on board.

Loois like Grigson has some influence and cojones after all

Every negative thing said about GM/Irsay of having no guts to move forward, I take back- You guys have more of a spine and the some, then I thought.

Double ditto ,here.

Why make this about courage? Irsay did exactly what he said he was going to do from the start. Do you think that one or both of them were hiding under their desks with a bottle of whisky trembling at the thought? He said they were going to hire a GM, review the situation, and then make a joint decision. A lot of "brave" people would have made the knee jerk decision to fire Caldwell a long time ago just to divert attention and responsiblity away from themselves. Irsay is a good owner, I think he's found a good GM, and now hopefully they will together find a better coach. It doesn't have to be as rude and personal as you portray it.

Is that offical or just speculation? I think it's odd that he went from interviewing for the DC job per reports and then Caldwell was fired just a few hours later.

tsk. tsk.

I told you a 1-15 or 3-13 season would get him fired 4 months ago. You didn't believe me then. Maybe if we send Bill Polian to your house and hand deliver the details. :lol:

I believe that Manning will seriously consider refusing to renegotiate his contract to force Grigson and Irsay to cut him. He will end up going to the Jets and we will have to live with him taking them to his next Super Bowl. There is no way that Irsay can sign him and trade him forcing the team to eat $28 million.

tsk. tsk.

I told you a 1-15 or 3-13 season would get him fired 4 months ago. You didn't believe me then. Maybe if we send Bill Polian to your house and hand deliver the details. :lol:

That was about Spags being named head coach not Caldwell being fired. Also I've been saying since the Saints game i wasn't going to be surprised what happened with Caldwell either way. So if you are just here to say I told you so good luck because I've changed my tune on Caldwell since the start of the season in terms of him keeping his job. I was wrong about him at the start of the season. There you go.

The logic Buck. is Maning will be one PO'd player now that he cannot control the O without JC being around to bow to his every command. And yes, if he goes to another team he'll pick up their system overnight. Manning will not take too knidly without good ole JC around.

The logic Buck. is Maning will be one PO'd player now that he cannot control the O without JC being around to bow to his every command. And yes, if he goes to another team he'll pick up their system overnight. Manning will not take too knidly without good ole JC around.

you didn't write that in the first post. There are several different coaching combinations. Some coaches take on play calling while other coaches let coordinators do the play calling, hard telling what the Colts will have. How do you know how Manning feels about any of this...

total speculation, not objectivity,