Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano New World Record?

1 hour ago, Austin Leonard said:

kinda annoying like the uhmm and uhhh ticks when people talk,sometimes takes away from what hes trying to say,but in post game and speeches and such dont ever hear it,maybe just an interview thing.

He is a coach, not a good public speaker. For myself I don't care. Let see him do his job and not worry about if he said the right things. IMO that is the bottom line.

I used to be really critical of Pagano's press conferences.  Then I saw an interview with McAfee where he said Pagano gives a lot of coachspeak to the media, but how he interacts away with the camera with people is really different.  Not in a bad way or anything, but I think McAfee said he's more assertive and direct and holds people accountable.  Since I heard that, I've put less emphasis on what Pagano says in his press conferences.  Personally, I'm a big fan of that approach.  Give bland answers to the media, but hold people accountable and do what you need to away from the cameras (a la Bill Belichick).

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I used to be really critical of Pagano's press conferences.  Then I saw an interview with McAfee where he said Pagano gives a lot of coachspeak to the media, but how he interacts away with the camera with people is really different.  Not in a bad way or anything, but I think McAfee said he's more assertive and direct and holds people accountable.  Since I heard that, I've put less emphasis on what Pagano says in his press conferences.  Personally, I'm a big fan of that approach.  Give bland answers to the media, but hold people accountable and do what you need to away from the cameras (a la Bill Belichick).

sure, but he doesn't have to sound like an uneducated goof when doing so.

I don't care how many "you know" or "ummmms" a coach says in a media interview.

It just never makes a difference to anyone except fans who have nothing better to do with their time.    Those fans will always find things to complain about.     They will never be happy -- period.     If we win the Super Bowl, they'll still find things to complain about. 

it's widely known that Pagano is a great communicator with those who matter most -- his players.    But fans still complain about his public speaking......

Like it matters......                :facepalm:

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't care how many "you know" or "ummmms" a coach says in a media interview.

It just never makes a difference to anyone except fans who have nothing better to do with their time.    Those fans will always find things to complain about.     They will never be happy -- period.     If we win the Super Bowl, they'll still find things to complain about. 

it's widely known that Pagano is a great communicator with those who matter most -- his players.    But fans still complain about his public speaking......

Like it matters......                :facepalm:

Maybe you should find something better to do with your time other than whining about others opinion.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Like you don't do the same?

Pot calling kettle....................

No, no I don't.  I state why I disagree with them.  I don't go on some silly rant.

but I shouldn't EVER venture to tell you how to post.  What was I thinking?

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

No, no I don't.  I state why I disagree with them.  I don't go on some silly rant.

No one is telling you how to post. If you took away the whine and negative away from your comments you have shown you have very little to bring to a thread.

30 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Exactly.

Don't run away from your own.....    stuff.      Own it.   

You don't want me going off on one of my "silly rants"  then don't be a part of a juvenile teenage thread.

And by the way,  since you didn't even notice it,  I DID state why I disagreed with it.     As I said,  because it doesn't make a bit of difference.       This is the part where you get to admit you were wrong.....

Oh,  that's not going to happen in anyone's lifetime?     What was I thinking?

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Exactly.

Don't run away from your own.....    stuff.      Own it.   

You don't want me going off on one of my "silly rants"  then don't be a part of a juvenile teenage thread.

And by the way,  since you didn't even notice it,  I DID state why I disagreed with it.     As I said,  because it doesn't make a bit of difference.       This is the part where you get to admit you were wrong.....

Oh,  that's not going to happen in anyone's lifetime?     What was I thinking?

My bad, I meant to say I simply state why I disagree.  I don't go on some pompous, gas bag rant.  I apologize.

Sorry, but if Chuck sounds stupid, he may very well be stupid.  I don't have a lot of faith in stupid people.

11 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

So many critical people who have achieved much less than their object of ridicule.....

More than likely, they are just trying to bring people down in order to feel better about themselves.

7 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

More than likely, they are just trying to bring people down in order to feel better about themselves.

Or they simply have an opinion that differs from yours and you are unwilling to accept it.

seriously, where do people come up with this crap?

Could be a hit song!
Bill Withers did it saying "i Know" 26 times in a row.

And I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know,
Hey, I oughtta leave young thing alone
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Could be a hit song!

I know, I know,

10 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Could be a hit song!

I know, I know,

I thought that was a DMX original?

i kid

22 hours ago, BOTT said:

sure, but he doesn't have to sound like an uneducated goof when doing so.

So he sounds like an uneducated goof because he says "um" and "you know"?  This isn't a speech he's prepared.  He's getting asked questions and has to answer on the spot.  He doesn't have the luxury of preparing a speech and working out all the kinks.  I'd be willing to bet that a significant majority (very likely even 100%) of people use "um" at some point when talking to someone on a daily basis.  If he wanted to, he could just give the cold shoulder and give meaningless responses like Belichick does.  Not saying what Belichick does is right or wrong, but it's very easy to not say "um" or "you know" when all you say is "we're looking to add as much talent as we can, we want to make our team better, it's all about the team, we're focused on improving our team".  Pagano is trying to give the media a bit more to work with, so he tries to give some more meaningful responses, which means he has to think about them, which means "um" and "you know" will happen.  It's really not a big deal

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

My bad, I meant to say I simply state why I disagree.  I don't go on some pompous, gas bag rant.  I apologize.

Sorry, but if Chuck sounds stupid, he may very well be stupid.  I don't have a lot of faith in stupid people.

I don't have faith in stupid people either.

I think the chances that a stupid person has been leading the Colts the last 4 years are less than zero.

But if you want to cling to that,  be my guest.       And you call MY COMMENTS "some pompous, gas bag rant"?!?!?       You're too funny......   (Just unintentionally....)

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

So he sounds like an uneducated goof because he says "um" and "you know"?  This isn't a speech he's prepared.  He's getting asked questions and has to answer on the spot.  He doesn't have the luxury of preparing a speech and working out all the kinks.  I'd be willing to bet that a significant majority (very likely even 100%) of people use "um" at some point when talking to someone on a daily basis.  If he wanted to, he could just give the cold shoulder and give meaningless responses like Belichick does.  Not saying what Belichick does is right or wrong, but it's very easy to not say "um" or "you know" when all you say is "we're looking to add as much talent as we can, we want to make our team better, it's all about the team, we're focused on improving our team".  Pagano is trying to give the media a bit more to work with, so he tries to give some more meaningful responses, which means he has to think about them, which means "um" and "you know" will happen.  It's really not a big deal

Yes,,he sounds like an uneducated goof.  It's not that he uses "ya know" every once and awhile, it's constantly.  He tries to tone it down for TV, but he is even worse on the radio.  And Pagano isn't trying to give meaningful responses......he just repeats cliches and slogans (which is fine).

and I'm sure that I'm the only person that judges a person, from the outside, on how they speak.  I forgot everyone is a non judgemental saint on the internet machine.

If Bill O'Brien spoke like Chuck I doubt anyone would have a problem with what I said.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't have faith in stupid people either.

I think the chances that a stupid person has been leading the Colts the last 4 years are less than zero.

But if you want to cling to that,  be my guest.       And you call MY COMMENTS "some pompous, gas bag rant"?!?!?       You're too funny......   (Just unintentionally....)

Maybe not stupid, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest guy.  Sorry, I'm just being honest.

8 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Spot on.

On February 28, 2016 at 7:53 AM, BOTT said:

Or they simply have an opinion that differs from yours and you are unwilling to accept it.

seriously, where do people come up with this crap?

Well, I wasn't specifically referring to you, but since you decided to quote me I looked at your comments.  You seemed to be mistaking being articulate with being good at one's job.  The two do not necessarily correlate, just because person A is articulate does not mean they are good at what they do.  On the other hand, Belichick is not very articulate when talking to the media, however he is very good at his job.

He's not great with the press...never has been.  Grigson isn't great with them either, and Irsay and his "uh" and "ummm" usage between every other word is very cringe-worthy to listen too.  It really has nothing to do with their job performance...as long as they can communicate clearly with their players, staff, and each other, who cares how they are with the press? 

8 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Well, I wasn't specifically referring to you, but since you decided to quote me I looked at your comments.  You seemed to be mistaking being articulate with being good at one's job.  The two do not necessarily correlate, just because person A is articulate does not mean they are good at what they do.  On the other hand, Belichick is not very articulate when talking to the media, however he is very good at his job.

Considering I was the main one critiquing pagano it was rather obvious.

i never said he was bad at his job, although I don't think he is anything but average.  I said he sounds kinda dumb and it worries me he is kinda dumb.  Lord knows he makes dumb decisions on game day.  I can't think of anyone who is in a management position that speaks as poorly as Chuck.  Can you name any successful coach/GM?

A. That didn't need pointing out.  That's like saying a high wonderlic won't make you a good QB.  Yes, everyone knows that.

B.  Belichick?  Lol.  He mumbles on just to get the interview over, if you notice when he actually has something to say he is very articulate.  

Well, I guess we did have a president that wasn't very articulate.  Although he was a dumbarsse. 

6 hours ago, General_Hux said:

He's not great with the press...never has been.  Grigson isn't great with them either, and Irsay and his "uh" and "ummm" usage between every other word is very cringe-worthy to listen too.  It really has nothing to do with their job performance...as long as they can communicate clearly with their players, staff, and each other, who cares how they are with the press? 

I hear Grigson on the radio from time to time....he seems fine.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Considering I was the main one critiquing pagano it was rather obvious.

i never said he was bad at his job, although I don't think he is anything but average.  I said he sounds kinda dumb and it worries me he is kinda dumb.  Lord knows he makes dumb decisions on game day.  I can't think of anyone who is in a management position that speaks as poorly as Chuck.  Can you name any successful coach/GM?

A. That didn't need pointing out.  That's like saying a high wonderlic won't make you a good QB.  Yes, everyone knows that.

B.  Belichick?  Lol.  He mumbles on just to get the interview over, if you notice when he actually has something to say he is very articulate.  

Well, I guess we did have a president that wasn't very articulate.  Although he was a dumbarsse. 

Nice rationalization.  Considering I was responding to TheRustonRifle#7's post without reading every post in the thread it was not obvious, but I guess my post struck a little close to home for you.

You asked if I could name any successful coach/GM, which I did.  I guess you finally got to that part of my post when you typed points A & B.  

A.  Apparently it did need to be pointed out to you.

B.  So it's okay for Belichick to be inarticulate during a interview, but not Pagano.  I guess, anything that fits your predetermined thought process.

We have also had many articulate Presidents that were not good at their job.  Which also proves my point.

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Nice rationalization.  Considering I was responding to TheRustonRifle#7's post without reading every post in the thread it was not obvious, but I guess my post struck a little close to home for you.

You asked if I could name any successful coach/GM, which I did.  I guess you finally got to that part of my post when you typed points A & B.  

A.  Apparently it did need to be pointed out to you.

B.  So it's okay for Belichick to be inarticulate during a interview, but not Pagano.  I guess, anything that fits your predetermined thought process.

We have also had many articulate Presidents that were not good at their job.  Which also proves my point.

I didn't strike me as anything but petty and *bagish.

I asked if you could name one because your example of BB was beyond ridiculous.  I'm imagine you, and maybe one other colts fan, are alone in actually believing BB is inarticulate.

The last sentence is silly and proves nothing.  And that fact that it needs explained to you is telling.

but we can agree to disagree, as you seem to have gotten your panties in a bunch.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I didn't strike me as anything but petty and *bagish.

I asked if you could name one because your example of BB was beyond ridiculous.  I'm imagine you, and maybe one other colts fan, are alone in actually believing BB is inarticulate.

The last sentence is silly and proves nothing.  And that fact that it needs explained to you is telling.

but we can agree to disagree, as you seem to have gotten your panties in a bunch.

So says the King of petty and *bagish.