Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts and dwayne allen discussing contract

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Why do the colts need a slow deep threat in Fleener when the have TY, Landshark and Dorsett?

lmao  And good grief dude!
 Fleener was and may still be the fastest TE in the NFL.
 Andrew had his great season (40-16) when Fleener led all TE`s in deep routes, clearing out the safeties. It really is that simple.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

lmao  And good grief dude!
 Fleener was and may still be the fastest TE in the NFL.
 Andrew had his great season (40-16) when Fleener led all TE`s in deep routes, clearing out the safeties. It really is that simple.

Cool, he ran a fast 40 at the combine wearing shorts and and track shoes.  It doesn't translate to actual play.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He's only been on IR once

2012- 16 Games played

2013- 1 game

2014 - 13 games (4 games with limited snaps)

2015 - 13 games ( 3 games with limited snaps)

Not counting play offs, he's missed 33 percent of possible games. 

He's the Bob sanders of the offense. Period.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

2012- 16 Games played

2013- 1 game

Bob sanders?

Sanders averaged like 5 games a season.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

2012- 16 Games played

2013- 1 game

Bob Sanders only played 10+ games in 2, count them TWO seasons out of a possible 8.  They're not even close to comparable.  Claiming that Allen is even close to Sanders in terms of being injury prone is both ignorant and ridiculously absurd.

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was just saying what I think he's worth. I fully expect him to get 7-8 million from another team, but the Colts better not give it to him.

prepare to be disappointed.  Do you think Ertz was worth $8mil per?  Personally I don't, BUT if that's what he signed for then that's going to at least somewhat dictate the market and value for Fleener.  I'm about 99% sure the Colts will re-sign Fleener, and rightfully so, and probably for close to what Ertz got which again..rightfully so.

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Bob Sanders only played 10+ games in 2, count them TWO seasons out of a possible 8.  They're not even close to comparable.  Claiming that Allen is even close to Sanders in terms of being injury prone is both ignorant and ridiculously absurd.

I realize this. However, for our current era, Allen can't stay healthy. That's the bottom line here, no matter how you or others try to spin it, the facts are he's injury prone and replaceable. If we do bring him back, i sure hope it's cheap and incentive laden based on staying healthy. Period

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I forgot, honestly giving your critique of a player is bashing and hating.

i guess the people praising fleener are just blind homers.

Making him sound worthless isn't criticism. It's hating especially when it isn't warranted

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No and you using someone else's comment to you is pathetic

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Nobody used that comment when responding to me.  

Ok, if you weren't exaggerating, show me where somebody was making him sound worthless.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

He's alright.  But for what the colts will have to pay he will be underutilized. 

The problem with our offense last season was that we never utilized our weapons properly. And when Andre became sucky, it was pretty obvious that the ball was going to either Moncrief or TY. That should change next season. Plus, chud is known for utilizing his TEs

2 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

My ? is why would anyone chose allen over fleener. Allen has not shown he can stay healthy. And coby has played well. Tho I would like both back but I would pick coby iver dewayne

Because Fleener isn't a good inline blocker and isn't a very effective short route receiver.  Granted, it's a gamble with DA, but that's why.

14 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

I dont believe that fleener was drafted to be a blocker. He is good at what he was drafted to be

I don't know CBS. It seems to me that a TE's ability to block & catch should be a mandatory skillset in the NFL. 

To me, it's not a 1 or the other proposition. Why can't Fleener learn to block? Fleener is just like Jimmy Graham. Solid hands for catching balls through the air, but he just refuses to learn how to block well on running plays. I wish HOF TE Shannon Sharpe could give Fleener a crash course & teach him a thing or 2. 

I know Allen gets nicked up a lot, but it really bothers when Coby just treats blocking like an after thought. We will never ring another ring with that kind of block when I feel like it attitude IMO. 

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

2012- 16 Games played

2013- 1 game

I wouldn't go that far, Sanders only played in more than 7 games twice in his career.  Allen has already done that three times in four years.  

He he has an injury problem sure but he's a far cry from Bob Sanders.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

I realize this. However, for our current era, Allen can't stay healthy. That's the bottom line here, no matter how you or others try to spin it, the facts are he's injury prone and replaceable. If we do bring him back, i sure hope it's cheap and incentive laden based on staying healthy. Period

Just like Fleener fans say about his well documented below average blocking skills are a myth Dwayne Allen being injury prone is a myth.

We need what Dwayne brings to the table more than what Fleener does BOTTOM LINE you Fleener/Stanford fans need to realize that.

17 minutes ago, IVORYsDAD said:

Just like Fleener fans say about his well documented below average blocking skills are a myth Dwayne Allen being injury prone is a myth.

We need what Dwayne brings to the table more than what Fleener does BOTTOM LINE you Fleener/Stanford fans need to realize that.

Numbers don't lie.

Dwayne Allen has missed 33% of games possible in his career....he's been limited another 7%, if that's not injury prone, than what is?!

And I wouldnt cry if Fleener left either. 

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Thank you. Finally someone gets what I'm saying.

people get what you're saying...you're just ridiculously exaggerating Allen terms of being "made of glass".  I never said he should be given a huge contract.  I never said he wasn't injury prone...but there are definitely degrees of being injury prone. 

I agree that an incentive-laden contract would be best for Allen at this point.  What I don't agree with is the comparison of Allen to Bob Sanders.  You have a point to make and it's a good one, but your hyperbole is distracting people from it making YOU think that they don't agree with your underlying point.