Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts and dwayne allen discussing contract

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Andretoindy said:

imo the colts can realistic sign both coby and dwayne . currently at 19m expected to rise 12-14 mil in march , plus likely cut andre and trent cole which would give us 40 million to work with . 

Is that counting the 7.5 mil in dead money if we cut AJ?

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe they will try to sign Allen first and use the deal as leverage to sign Fleener, assuming they want to sign Fleener.  

They need to make their contracts somewhat similar otherwise there's gonna be tension between the two

2 hours ago, will426 said:

Well to me resign em both because we don't need any more receivers the group will do good as long as they're healthy  and hopefully a zone scheme relieves luck from forcing crap

we have 3 receivers, T.Y., Moncreif, and our yet unproven #1 pick Dorsett.

We cant expect all three to stay healthy all season. Lots of needs on team but we need to replace A.Johnson and Carter for #4 & #5 spots for depth. And please no more griff.

33 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

We cant expect all three to stay healthy all season. Lots of needs on team but we need to replace A.Johnson and Carter for #4 & #5 spots for depth. And please no more griff.

Replacing those guys won't be difficult.  The receiver position is the least of my worries.

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Agreed, people really do seem to overlook how thin we are at WR. Sure, there's some great talent at the position, but not nearly enough depth. I could definitely justify using a late round pick on a WR, and grabbing someone cheap in FA. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

27 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Agreed, people really do seem to overlook how thin we are at WR. Sure, there's some great talent at the position, but not nearly enough depth. I could definitely justify using a late round pick on a WR, and grabbing someone cheap in FA. 

We can bring in a guy like Rod Streeter, Andre Holmes, Brandon Gibson, or somebody like that as the 4th receiver. And we could get any of those 3 pretty cheap.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Dorsett is gonna excel yes we have no proof on either but he was not utilized at all and blame pep then add in lucks issues  the only thing that's worrisome is if anyone gets injured but even then down 1 receiver we still have two tight ends (assuming they get them both back) and if the line improves more chances for fleener and Allen to split out wide  like we need sometimes..so yeah I'm not too worried on WR we already have seen last couple superbowls you don't need too much talent in the Wr department 

If this is based off of his interview with JMV yesterday, I wouldn't read too much into it. I think he said that he spoke with Chuck and Ryan once and that there wasn't any progress to report. He also said that he believes he is an elite Tight End and that Rosenhaus has been selling that as well. So if he's looking for elite TE money, so long. He's nowhere near elite at this point.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Agreed. That's what I would do.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Thank you for adding the bolded, completely agree!

P.s. - I like Bray for one of those roster spots at the moment.  He seemed like he has good potential as a return guy.  Not sure he can replace any of our top 3, but he should have value as a #4, #5.

This is great news to hear. The last little while people were talking about how we'd probably keep Fleener and let Allen walk. We need to bring back both. They play the same position but in such a different style. Fleener finds ways to get open and is a good vertical threat. Allen is a do it all guy who excels in blocking. That diversity in terms of style makes it harder to defend our offense (not to mention our three very talented young receivers). Plus Chud will find a way to involve the two in our offense more. 

51 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If this is based off of his interview with JMV yesterday, I wouldn't read too much into it. I think he said that he spoke with Chuck and Ryan once and that there wasn't any progress to report. He also said that he believes he is an elite Tight End and that Rosenhaus has been selling that as well. So if he's looking for elite TE money, so long. He's nowhere near elite at this point.

He can look for it all he wants, he isn't going to get elite money until he can proves he can stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This is great news to hear. The last little while people were talking about how we'd probably keep Fleener and let Allen walk. We need to bring back both. They play the same position but in such a different style. Fleener finds ways to get open and is a good vertical threat. Allen is a do it all guy who excels in blocking. That diversity in terms of style makes it harder to defend our offense (not to mention our three very talented young receivers). Plus Chud will find a way to involve the two in our offense more. 

Why do the colts need a slow deep threat in Fleener when the have TY, Landshark and Dorsett?

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Not concerned about WRs at all, the 3 of them are essentially a poor man's version of Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, and Randall Cobb.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

We need to replace Carter?  Why would we need to replace someone who wasn't on the team last year?