Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Those Who Are Happy With Caldwell Returning (Incorrect Title)

theblueplague

Wow you are priceless.

Ried and Lovie never been 14-2? If we are playing that game.....Which one went 2-14? You really want to have those guys compare hardware with JC? Seriously?

This is zero emotion. Why would I be emotional about this. My meno-pause wont kick in for another 10 years. Over flowing with hatered for Caldwell? Hating his supporters? Wow bro, hyperbole much? You are really grasping at straws.

And I pefer 3 guys who havent won a SB or make playoffs this year. B/c that has correlation to what exactly. So you are saying you think Caldwell is a better coach than Andy Ried?

Im all for a fun, logical debate on the merits of why we should/shouldn't keep Caldwell, but you come in mentioning "Hate' about a dozen times, then claim he is a better coach then Andy Ried. You and I are done here.

The hyperbole aruguement always seems to get hauled out when the debater has overstepped. "I didnt mean what I said"

Covers a lot of ground.

Its okay..Its not personal. I'm just looking for logic for why a Super Bowl coach should be fired because his ace QB got hurt..

There really isnt a good one

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, your reading comprehension is almost as bad as your ability to express.. I don't Lovie Smith. He would do as good as better than Caldwell, but I don't want Lovie Smith. If given the choice between the 2 and only those 2, then yes he would be an upgrade to Caldwell.

Maybe if you re-read that post and the other posts. You will begin to understand.

In each of his 3 seasons, his negatives outweigh his positives, and that includes 2009, 2010, and 2011.

His negatives in each of those 3 years outweigh any positives he might have provided in those 3 years. Is that direct enough for you? i doubt it.

His negatives cannot out weigh his positives in a 16-3 Super Bowl season...

That's not possible....Not for Colts fans like us.

That is emotion, not logic

His negatives cannot out weigh his positives in a 16-3 Super Bowl season...

That's not possible....Not for Colts fans like us.

That is emotion, not logic

Sure they can.. 16 wins is more than 3 losses, but Jim Caldwell's negatives are far more than Jim Caldwell's positives..:edit:

Your simplistic approach of Colts 16-3, Caldwell coach of the Colts = Caldwell great coach doesn't hold much water... Zero logic! That is on par with the Dilfer with a ring being a better quarterback than Marino without one. Illogical.

Edited by PeytonGirl
personal shot - ' I know you have trouble comprehending things and that will stump you.'

Sure they can.. 16 wins is more than 3 losses, but Jim Caldwell's negatives are far more than Jim Caldwell's positives.. I know you have trouble comprehending things and that will stump you.

Your simplistic approach of Colts 16-3, Caldwell coach of the Colts = Caldwell great coach doesn't hold much water... Zero logic! That is on par with the Dilfer with a ring being a better quarterback than Marino without one. Illogical.

.You say one 2-14 and he's out. Forget all otherr years. To me, that's not logic at all. Its emotion. Prisoner of the moment stuff

That's not right.

I only said give him the last year on his contract.....He's earned it

And I would guess you'd agree that (concerning 2009) the Coach has more to do with the team winning than the QB..does

Some of us were unhappy with Caldwell before he was even hired as a Colt coach.

Some of us were still unhappy when he was 14-0.

The people that are unhappy look to bad clock management, bad player assessment and finally a lack of in game adjustments. It seems that the folks that are happy don't really have any reason to be happy other than a 14-0 record. A season where the head coach decided not to try to go undefeated. I ask what is caldwell's colts record overall now? what is his postseason record? Are the numbers declining? yes, they are.

I hate to keep comparing this, but the CEO of Apple Tim Cook will sell more Ipads this year than Steve Jobs ever did. But as a shareholder I would be concerned what the future will look like.

If Peyton is staying and we have a 3 year window for another shot, then why have a coach that takes chances away from you and ruin even one more year for us.

What coach there do you want...

Ahhhh, FINALLY, the real crux of the matter. WHO do we want in place of Caldwell? And that may be why Caldwell is not gone yet. And it is a difficult question. Beware what we ask for (Caldwell gone), we may get it.

I might suggest.....

Joe Philburn OC from Packers

Bruce Arians OC Steelers

Vic Fangio DC from SF (I can't believe I'm sayin' this)

Dick LeBeau DC from Steelers

Marty Mornhinweg OC from Eagles

Dom Capers DC from Packers

Greg Roman OC from SF

Mike McCoy OC from Denver

Gunther Cunningham DC/Asst HC from Detroit

Just for openers.....

.You say one 2-14 and he's out. Forget all otherr years. To me, that's not logic at all. Its emotion. Prisoner of the moment stuff

That's not right.

I only said give him the last year on his contract.....He's earned it

And I would guess you'd agree that (concerning 2009) the Coach has more to do with the team winning than the QB..does

You can re-read each of my posts, and actually if you can begin to comprehend what is said, you will then understand what i said. Because god willing this is my last response to you because you obviously don't get it.

When it comes to Caldwell, I don't see coaching brilliance. I can name several times when he actually cost us a game due to his poor decision making, and cannot name a time when I thought we won a game directly because of a decision that he made.

Let me give you a few examples:

In the Super Bowl against the Saints, it was clear that he was out-coached by Sean Payton. Coach Payton made a bold decision to go for an on-side kick after half time. That was a bold move and worked in his favor. That's an instance where if you are a Saint fan, you can say that you won that game because of coaching.

This weekend, the Forty Niners were trailing the Saints in the fourth quarter. They ran a bootleg, which caught everyone off gaurd, and they scored on that play. It was a brilliant play call. You can argue that the Niner's won due to their coaching.

When have we won because of a coaching decision by our coaching staff?

Also, the argument that the players like Caldwell is not a good arguement. We as Colts fans can see that Norv Turner is not a good head coach, right? However, the players want to keep him in SD. It's because people don't like change.

An onside kick is outcoaching?

Just because Kendra's husband Hank cant catch a ball bootedright to him

That's JC's fault?

..and he should be fired after a 16-3 season...

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, January 17, 2012 - personal shots
Hidden by Peytongirl, January 17, 2012 - personal shots

Caldwell is a better coach for the Colts that Reid would be. Agreed?

Not in a million years.

But Reid has never been in the Super Bowl...

You dont care about winning.?

You just dont like Caldwell?

Yes. He has. You need to get educated.

4 years-4 NFC championship games, 1 Super Bowl

Andy Reids worst 3 years of football as a HC..... 19-29

Jim Caldwell all 3 years.... 26-22

Go read a book or something.

So do you think Saban is a good coach in the NFL?

Put Caldwell in charge of those Miami teams they don't sniff the # of wins Saban had.

Put Saban in charge of the Colts, and I'd be willing to bet we would have our 2nd ring by now.

Put each of them in Buffalo, Saban has a better record. Put each of them at Colorado State, Saban has the better record.

Nick Saban is a better football coach than Jim Caldwell, whether it's the NFL or NCAA.

Ahhhh, FINALLY, the real crux of the matter. WHO do we want in place of Caldwell? And that may be why Caldwell is not gone yet. And it is a difficult question. Beware what we ask for (Caldwell gone), we may get it.

I might suggest.....

Joe Philburn OC from Packers

Bruce Arians OC Steelers

Vic Fangio DC from SF (I can't believe I'm sayin' this)

Dick LeBeau DC from Steelers

Marty Mornhinweg OC from Eagles

Dom Capers DC from Packers

Greg Roman OC from SF

Mike McCoy OC from Denver

Gunther Cunningham DC/Asst HC from Detroit

Just for openers.....

Look.....those guys could do a quality job from what I know of them....

I jusy think that if we're keeping manning and Saturday and reggie and Freeney and Mathis in the hopes of returning to our 2009-2010 glories..

that Jim caldwell is the best man for the job.right now

again, he; s Not "Mr Right' He's Mr. Right Now'

In 2013, maybe we need someone else.

Looks like your screen name will be good another year..FJC

Yes and also booked for next year will be another losing season, this guy is horrific. Based on the Caldwell decline scale we will go 1and 15 next and you will see blacked out games in Indy for the first time in awhile, Great move Irsay.

Not in a million years.

Trav...man

You said you were done ..You quit the debate and then you came back. That's illegal proceedure. 5 yards

:stop: ..

Really..with what coach? Who'd have won with Curtis Painter. Lombardi.....Parcells....Belichek? With Curtis painter at QB...who wold have won 8 games?

But they would have replaced him during training camp LAST year. Kept Brandstater instead, for instance. They may not have won with Painter, but they would not have started Painter for 8 games. He only put together ONE drive for a touchdown in his entire pre-season experience prior to this year - ONE - in 8 games.

And Belichick :flag: would have gone 8-8 with ME at QB. well, maybe not me....but....

Not in a million years.

and there's a three insult limit. :shout:

There's a cover charge if you want more :2c:

Mark Sanchez had all the pressure in the world do you really think he wouldve called his line adjustments play and all that without the timeout and then nail that pass down the sideline? THE TIMEOUT COST US THE GAME ULTIMATELY THE SAME WAY IT DID IN JACKSONVILLE EARLIER IN THE YEAR

If the timeout would not have been called, the Jets would have ran the ball again, let the clock run down, used their last time out, and kicked a 47 or so yard field goal. Not a desirable situation either, especially indoors. The return lost the game much more than the timeout. We can agree to disagree on the timeout costing the Colts the game, and I didn't have a problem with the Jacksonville timeout either. If the defense makes a play in either situation, then it is fine.

On another front, it looks like Irsay is trying to hire Spagnuolo as the DC (http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/1/17/2713579/report-jim-caldwell-will-indeed-be-retained-as-colts-head-coach-with). That makes the retention of JC much more promising.

Yes and also booked for next year will be another losing season, this guy is horrific. Based on the Caldwell decline scale we will go 1and 15 next and you will see blacked out games in Indy for the first time in awhile, Great move Irsay.

Y'all just be here in january of 2013 on the day of our first playoff game.

How'd that coaching change in Minnesota last year work out??

Another Dungy clone!! Tony was an ok coach but his HEAD coaching tree has been ok to bad. I don't count Tomilson because he stated he was only around Tony one season. Brad Childress was TERRIBLE and headed nowhere without 40yr old Bret slinging the ball because they were a disappointment BEFORE and AFTER Bret under Childress. Their coaching change was NEEDED but whether Frazier is the RIGHT guy remains to be seen (too early) but some guys are just NOT head coach material. They PEAK under the main guy because they can FOCUSE on their SPECIALTY instead of the broad scope of the head coach.

Put Caldwell in charge of those Miami teams they don't sniff the # of wins Saban had.

Put Saban in charge of the Colts, and I'd be willing to bet we would have our 2nd ring by now.

Put each of them in Buffalo, Saban has a better record. Put each of them at Colorado State, Saban has the better record.

Nick Saban is a better football coach than Jim Caldwell, whether it's the NFL or NCAA.

Didnt Nick Saban have an NFL job before?

Another Dungy clone!! Tony was an ok coach but his HEAD coaching tree has been ok to bad. I don't count Tomilson because he stated he was only around Tony one season. Brad Childress was TERRIBLE and headed nowhere without 40yr old Bret slinging the ball because they were a disappointment BEFORE and AFTER Bret under Childress. Their coaching change was NEEDED but whether Frazier is the RIGHT guy remains to be seen (too early) but some guys are just NOT head coach material. They PEAK under the main guy because they can FOCUSE on their SPECIALTY instead of the broad scope of the head coach.

Okay..so its DUNGY..you have the problem with

Wel, I understand that!

Good man. Repsected by his players. Super Bowl champ.

I see what your saying.

he's just no good.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, January 17, 2012 - politics
Hidden by Peytongirl, January 17, 2012 - politics

The Caldwell Decline Scale'

Is that like the 'Bush Economic Policy'?

That's nice. That's really all speculation on your part and there is no way to prove or disprove your guess. But that wasn't really the question. Do you think Saban was a good NFL coach?