Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heath Miller Retires

ColtsLegacy

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-heath-miller-retires-11-seasons-021916

Congratulations on a great career, Heath.

P.S. Dollars to donuts the Steelers will be very interested in Dwayne Allen this offseason and they should be. Dwayne Allen would flourish in Miller's role (as he did his rookie year under Arians).

Good, maybe the Steelers faithful will shut up about that whole HEAAAATH business. They were saying it for TE's who weren't even named Heath. How about every time Costanzo catches a pass we say COOOSSSSSTTAAAANZOOOO! See how long Colts nation lasts before they go insane.

I don't know why people act like its a given that Allen will go somewhere and flourish. He's a great talent, but hard to flourish from the sidelines.   He's good when healthy, but sadly that's a rarity.

I'd love for him to go somewhere and just kill it, but I won't say its a given. If he can consistently play 16 games with them he would. But that's a complete unknown.

9 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-heath-miller-retires-11-seasons-021916

Congratulations on a great career, Heath.

P.S. Dollars to donuts the Steelers will be very interested in Dwayne Allen this offseason and they should be. Dwayne Allen would flourish in Miller's role (as he did his rookie year under Arians).

Crap. It figures we would lose Allen to an premier AFC team that often mops the floor against INDY in the Luck era. I'm laughing in order to mask my frustrations as you already know CL. I hate the thoughts of losing Dwayne. Sigh...

8 hours ago, corgi said:

I remember watching him play in Charlottesville on Saturdays when my sister was a cheerleader at UVa. Heck of a career and a very good dude in general.

Yep, Heath Miller always had steady hands, never complained, & just did whatever was needed on the field. 

Man, Charles Woodson is gone, Peyton Manning is almost certainly gone, & now Mr. Miller is retiring too. It's tough when guys I revere hang em up. 

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You don't want Miller to retire or you think he's overrated as a TE? A little clarification please. Thank you. 

I just want to understand where you are coming from BC. That's all. Sorry for your loss my friend.

"No", as in a preemptive response to anyone who suggests the Colts take a look at him. 

aka, not serious. 

3 hours ago, buccolts said:

"No", as in a preemptive response to anyone who suggests the Colts take a look at him. 

aka, not serious. 

Alright, thanks for taking the time to set me straight & clear up any confusion I had BC. We're on the same page now. Much obliged. :thmup: