Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning case update

bababooey

it's hard to believe that if Peyton did what she claimed he did in her "updated" version, that she wouldn't have followed through with a criminal suit and then followed up with a civil suit. It's just as hard to believe the incident would have been mentioned in his book if the updated version was accurate. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't believe Peyton was mooning Malcolm Saxon. I think he was mooning this chick. I think that was the worst of it, she cried about it, and in order to save face Peyton and UT tried to pass it off as he was mooning Malcolm. Kind of funny that in this day and age of equality, the level of outrage is dependent on the gender of the recipient of the mooning.

4 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Honestly I don't believe Peyton was mooning Malcolm Saxon. I think he was mooning this chick. I think that was the worst of it, she cried about it, and in order to save face Peyton and UT tried to pass it off as he was mooning Malcolm. Kind of funny that in this day and age of equality, the level of outrage is dependent on the gender of the recipient of the mooning.

That's what it sounds like to me too.

Just now, Blue Swagger said:

That's what it sounds like to me too.

5 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Maybe...   None of us really know for sure though, do we...??

So just for the sake of argument,  let's go with your assumption that he was infact mooning her.  Do you personally view this as sexual assault..?   Or is it indecent exposure and harrassment...???    Or do you view this as a locker room prank.

Just now, The Peytonator said:

Big difference between mooning someone that works on the human body and sitting on their face, as the media has suggested.

This would be physically impossible if someone is on their knees working on your ankle. Even if you look up, it is impossible to get you head up past 90 degrees (in other words looking straight ahead). You need to straighten your back and if you do that, you are well away from the butt. 

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

So just for the sake of argument,  let's go with your assumption that he was infact mooning her.  Do you personally view this as sexual assault..?   Or is it indecent exposure and harrassment...???    Or do you view this as a locker room prank.

Far and away the latter.

13 minutes ago, Blue Swagger said:

You said this "he * her off.  Would have * me off too."

I was giving you credit for saying it first.

I did say that about what he wrote.  

But I'm not mad and I don't think an apology does anything for me.

I still think that there is not a lawsuit against him at this time for this incident.  Just some people trying to use it for their own purposes.

As far as what really happened, I don't know.  I think there's likely stuff on both sides that we don't know and it does no good to speculate. There's lots of things that could have happened.  We just don't know. They settled this so, it's been resolved for them. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Regardless of what Peyton said in his book.  I think Peyton did not like this woman.  There is an unknown incident between them that happened in 94.  Peyton had it removed from the 74 page transcript as part of the settlement.  That was probably what instigated the tension between them.  I don't think it was a prank.  I think he really wanted to belittle this woman.

It's probably indecent exposure or sexual harassment.

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I grew up with 4 brothers so......I've seen a lot of inappropriate behavior.  But from them, it's just brothers being jerks.

If it happened to me at work I don't know.  Not sexual assault but depending on what really happened, potentially sexual harassment.

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I did say that about what he wrote.  

But I'm not mad and I don't think an apology does anything for me.

I still think that there is not a lawsuit against him at this time for this incident.  Just some people trying to use it for their own purposes.

As far as what really happened, I don't know.  I think there's likely stuff on both sides that we don't know and it does no good to speculate. There's lots of things that could have happened.  We just don't know. They settled this so, it's been resolved for them. 

I think there is a misunderstanding.  I didn't mean that you were mad.  I meant that you said Jamie Naughright was probably mad. 

17 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Big difference between mooning someone that works on the human body and sitting on their face, as the media has suggested.

I agree.  But I don't think it matters that she works on the human body.  You can't expose yourself to a female like that.  It's demeaning.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

I grew up with 4 brothers so......I've seen a lot of inappropriate behavior.  But from them, it's just brothers being jerks.

If it happened to me at work I don't know.  Not sexual assault but depending on what really happened, potentially sexual harassment.

Yeah, I have a brother and I also raised two sons...    Mother's of boys may see things differently than mother's of girls :dunno:     

Don't misunderstand me (  funny haha given my name here)   I am not condoning anything...   

full disclosure here....  something like this did  infact did happen to me,  but I never filed any charges, or really ever thought of it as anything other than a prank.    But that's just me.  

If someone did this to my 5 yr. old grandaughter, or even adolescent or naive teenage girl,  I'd be appalled.

I guess I just look at it differently happening to a grown woman whose job entailed being in a locker room with half naked young men on a regular basis.   I wouldn't think seeing a butt would  be all that traumatic.

Was it rude...??  Yes.  No question. 

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yeah, I have a brother and I also raised two sons...    Mother's of boys may see things differently than mother's of girls :dunno:     

Don't misunderstand me (  funny haha given my name here)   I am not condoning anything...   

full disclosure here....  something like this did  infact did happen to me,  but I never filed any charges, or really ever thought of it as anything other than a prank.    But that's just me.  

If someone did this to my 5 yr. old grandaughter, or even adolescent or naive teenage girl,  I'd be appalled.

I guess I just look at it differently happening to a grown woman whose job entailed being in a locker room with half naked young men on a regular basis.   I wouldn't think seeing a butt would  be all that traumatic.

Was it rude...??  Yes.  No question. 

Ask fathers of daughters.  It doesn't matter if they're 25 yrs old either.

But personally, since I believe that witness that Peyton was not mooning him, I find it also disturbing that he'd lie about it.

17 minutes ago, Blue Swagger said:

Ask fathers of daughters.  It doesn't matter if they're 25 yrs old either.

Well my Father would have probably laughed and said what do you expect when your profession has you in the locker room of young college men . Just laugh it off or change professions. It was a harmless prank in my opinion and she was paid dearly and settled with the big money that came her way. I can't believe that some are still talking about this. Hey she was not a child and she knew she would be in locker rooms with half naked young men. I think she more than got enough from the college and Peyton to take care of her pain and suffering. This has been my only post on this subject and now I'm moving on. Oh by the way my cousin and I were mooned on the way to my family's cottage and we just laughed it off and too top it off we met the fellows that did it and they were telling us about the prank and you can imagine how they felt when they found out that we were the girls they mooned. It was priceless and I'm betting they never did this going down the highway again. haha

5 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Well my Father would have probably laughed and said what do you expect when your profession has you in the locker room of young college men . Just laugh it off or change professions. It was a harmless prank in my opinion and she was paid dearly and settled with the big money that came her way. I can't believe that some are still talking about this. Hey she was not a child and she knew she would be in locker rooms with half naked young men. I think she more than got enough from the college and Peyton to take care of her pain and suffering. This has been my only post on this subject and now I'm moving on. Oh by the way my cousin and I were mooned on the way to my family's cottage and we just laughed it off and too top it off we met the fellows that did it and they were telling us about the prank and you can imagine how they felt when they found out that we were the girls they mooned. It was priceless and I'm betting they never did this going down the highway again. haha

It was the training room, not the locker room.

7 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

Well he needs to address what I said somehow.  The public hasn't seen him apologize for it in his book or anywhere.  And you've got testimonies that Peyton is lying.  One from the track athlete, and then some other athletes saying that Peyton didn't take them to Virginia.  It's not looking good for Peyton and an apology is the only thing that can stop what some of the analysts are saying on ESPN or wherever.

Wow,  we got a thick one here lol. 

3 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

I don't care about Shaun King. The man has issues.  I just think Peyton should have apologized in his book instead of mocking the situation as a prank.  And I find Malcolm Saxon believable and  Peyton Mannings version not so believable. 

Saxon is more believable?  Peyton's story has been consistent.

You already form your own agenda. So don't waste people's time

7 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

She may have used vulgar language.  I don't know.  But it's irrelevant.  We have seen Peyton swear all the time on the field.  And I'm not sure why her vulgar mouth is a problem for Peyton when he thought it was  ok to drop his pants with a female trainer looking at his foot injury.

I'm saying that a public apology would help restore his name.  The guys on First Take and other sports shows would respect him for saying he was sorry.  If he's gotta have his lawyers make a deal with her lawyers to do it, that might be the only way to restore his name.  Cause right now, it's not a good look knowing what he did and that he's not looking honest in all that he's said here.  And sometimes an apology and saying you are sorry fixes a lot of things.

Sometimes,  women who are vulgar like men,  who joke like men,  around men; are sometimes misinterpreted to be able to handle jokes from men. 

Really in the end none of this matters. You cant take away his SB Rings, his Stats, his MVP's, his winning record vs Tom Brady in the Playoffs, etc.. What he did was wrong but it's not like he raped anyone like Ben and Kobe were accused of, Ben was accused twice of it. Had Peyton done this to a minor or actually raped someone then I wouldn't defend him. After reading some of the stuff Naughright has said I really question her credibility as well. Peyton appears to be a Great Father and Husband overall too so that is all that matters in the end. Only butthurt Cam fans and Patriots fans even think this is a story in general. A lot of people even over at ESPN that Post think this is nonsense that story was even brought back up and they have the worse Trolls over there you will see. By the way Peyton is a part of owner of Papa Johns so he isn't losing that sponsor.

1 hour ago, Susie Q said:

Well said Susie Q. If this woman was so traumatized by what happened, leave the profession entirely with her cash in toe & pursue other interests. 

That's why I have zero sympathy for Jamie. Naked bodies are part of the territory as a college athletic trainer. I appreciate your take it in stride perspective on this whole 1996 making a mountain out of a molehill craziness. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Well said Susie Q. If this woman was so traumatized by what happened, leave the profession entirely with her cash in toe & pursue other interests. 

That's why I have zero sympathy for Jamie. Naked bodies are part of the territory as a college athletic trainer. I appreciate your take it in stride perspective on this whole 1996 making a mountain out of a molehill craziness. 

Not only that she got 300,000 from the school and God knows how much from Peyton? She probably made off with over half million dollars for just getting mooned, even if it was a butt to the face she still got a ton of money. I should've sued the girl that mooned me in college I guess haha, just joking but my bank account would've looked a lot better.

19 minutes ago, Nadine said:

what?

If a woman talks in a vulgar manner,  tells vulgar jokes, or in any general sense jokes like male college kids do; then other people think that if they say jokes in a similar sense around the woman,  that it won't be taken in offense.  They are lulled into a sense of comfort and safety.  

That is not an excuse but relevant to the state of mind manning could have been in sense he thought it wouldn't be taken in such the way that it was. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not only that she got 300,000 from the school and God knows how much from Peyton? She probably made off with over half million dollars for just getting mooned, even if it was a butt to the face she still got a ton of money. I should've sued the girl that mooned me in college I guess haha, just joking but my bank account would've looked a lot better.

You're last sentence made me roar with laughter CBE. If a brief "mooning" is considered scarring, sign me up for a golden, financial settlement, parachute drop in my near future too buddy. haha

It's almost laughable that a grown woman can't just let childish shenanigans go. It's just sad & pathetic to me. She's acting  like Peyton flashed little kids on a playground. Please...

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Or you could ignore the topic

That's such a copout argument. We could ignore everything now couldn't we...like that little matter in the summer of 2008 that people here still get bent out of shape over. You never hear me spin the "could have just ignored it" argument.

3 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

I agree.  But I don't think it matters that she works on the human body.  You can't expose yourself to a female like that.  It's demeaning.

I've said this before & I'll say it again. Show me any other trainer that claims that Manning was inappropriate toward them in INDY or Denver. That would at least establish a pattern of harassment. You can't do it because there is no smoke or fire here. It irritates me that people are trying to destroy his reputation over 1 minor misunderstanding. 

And don't try & give me that age doesn't matter excuse either. We all do crazy stuff in college. How do you think people grow up to be reasonable adults away from home? We experiment & goof around with our buddies. No one's perfect. I sure as hades wasn't in college & I graduated with 3 different degrees from 3 different institutions. 

What. It's not like Jamie worked in a monastery & never saw the human body before. I don't think Jamie was a perfect little angel nor was she as innocent as she is pretending to be either. Just a feeling I have. 

Stop putting the victim on trial here. I can hear the PC police now. The real victim here is Peyton not Jamie. 

9 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

Well he needs to address what I said somehow.  The public hasn't seen him apologize for it in his book or anywhere.  And you've got testimonies that Peyton is lying.  One from the track athlete, and then some other athletes saying that Peyton didn't take them to Virginia.  It's not looking good for Peyton and an apology is the only thing that can stop what some of the analysts are saying on ESPN or wherever.

:facepalm:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/19/report-secret-1994-incident-in-manning-case-may-have-dealt-with-alleged-academic-fraud/

It appears the 1994 redacted incident relates to the entire athletic department possibly having committed academic fraud which has never happened in the history of ncaa sports except by UT 22 years ago.

46 minutes ago, coltsva said:

However, in an interview with the Washington Post for their story, Tegano said "it was a one-hour pass/fail class that was required of all athletes, and under no circumstances did Peyton Manning cheat. The class was based on attendance … It was an orientation class. Do you think he needed to cheat in a pass/fail class? … We're talking about a man who graduated with one of the highest grade-point averages in his class."

the fact it's a pass/fail class for athletes only is hilarious. Makes sense naughright would be sitting in on that class and that everyone taking it wouldn't be taking it seriously and doing just enough to pass. I had a similar class where I went to school in New England that was a joke of a class and basically as long as you showed up and put some effort into the final project you passed. Imagine it's 10x easier when it's an athlete class at a major university. Congrats naughright for completely smearing his college academics too.