Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Caldwell Back-Will Fan Loyality Prevail?

JColts72

As much as I can't stand Caldwell coaching and his lack of emotion, what does this mean to the new fans, bandwagoners (fallen off already?) and long time followers?

Still loyal to the TEAM despite what the Owner and GM talked about this being a new era?

You're something else.

I was just reading one of your posts, and couldn't help but wonder how you were doing emotionally.

Then I started wondering if you'd be the first one to start a thread when the news comes out that Caldwell's retained (if that happens).

As soon as I return to the home page, you've got this thread started already.

So, to answer your question. I'll be fine. Then I'll take it from there.

Irsay didn't promise a 180.

Did you expect him to trade the team to the Steelers, Patriots, whoever your real favorite team is?

As much as I can't stand Caldwell coaching and his lack of emotion, what does this mean to the new fans, bandwagoners (fallen off already?) and long time followers?

Still loyal to the TEAM despite what the Owner and GM talked about this being a new era?

Most people like Caldwell..even the ones who say they hate him...for coaching reasons

We were 16-3 with Caldwell 3 years ago......

Changing our head coach isnt going to change our team much...next season

We have holes to fill..

If Manning is back...Let Jim C. finish his contract

What happens IF we start o-2 (Lord forbid)? Does Irsay drop the hammer then? You thought it was a mess this past year. Fans will be running to the bears, bengals, and the browns. Ha-Ha!

A REAL Colts fan will not run to another team ! We stick with the Colts thru thick and thin, win or lose !!!!! I say let those "fans" run, it wont take to long before they end up with a horseshoe welt on their butt !!!

If they keep Caldwell, they better bring back Manning, because he can't coach. If we start with Luck, we would better off getting a new coach also to stay with him through the years. Keeping Caldwell would tell me, they plan to keep Manning because if Caldwell has another 2-14 season or even 4-12, fans will not be happy at all.

I am sorry, he got out coached in so many games. He was completely outcoached in the SB. He wasn't ready for a HC job when he was given it, from what I have seen.

It comes down to the basic question:

Should Caldwell be fired because Peyton Manning couldnt play abd the team suffered.

The answer is 'no'

The idea of someone being held accountable is twisted.

This isnt felony court. there does not have to be a fall guy when we know why.

16-3 good year

10-7 good year

2-14 bad year..

The guy probably deserves a 4th year....to be fair..he's technically a proven winner..

I've been a Colts fan for almost 30 yrs. so im not gonna run to a new team just because they keep a baffoon as the head coach, but my trust in Irsay and now Grigson will take a serious hit. Caldwell does not deserve another chance no matter what a very select few believe. He will just make some more stupid decisions next yr. and cost the Colts more games.

Should Caldwell be fired because Peyton Manning couldnt play abd the team suffered.

The answer is 'no'

16-3 good year

10-7 good year

2-14 bad year..

The guy probably deserves a 4th year....to be fair..he's technically a proven winner..

How do you figure? He didn't win those games. He was outcoached HUGE in the SB. He did not have his team ready. His was outcoached last year in the playoffs. Coaching decisions are his and those have been questioned since he took over. The team is never ready for big games. The game plan his horrible for a lot of games.

He never shows any emotion. At least Dungy showed some. And his excuse, we gotta get better? Really? Why not tell the players that, instead of the media. He even said, he doesn't care what the fans think or say. I am sorry, HE SHOULD. I understand he should also care what Irsay, Grigson and anyone else in the front office says, but come on. You should at least care if we think you are ok or think the direction is going well. We are the paying parties.

The answer is 'no'

16-3 good year

10-7 good year

2-14 bad year..

yep,16 wins than 10 than 2 that means we will win what -6 games next year.

I've been a Colts fan for almost 30 yrs. so im not gonna run to a new team just because they keep a baffoon as the head coach, but my trust in Irsay and now Grigson will take a serious hit. Caldwell does not deserve another chance no matter what a very select few believe. He will just make some more stupid decisions next yr. and cost the Colts more games.

Good post i agree,just because we disagree on the decisions does not mean we are giving up our fan card's.

The answer is 'no'

16-3 good year

10-7 good year

2-14 bad year..

So it's because of him the team wins, but when they lose it's not his fault?

How do you figure? He didn't win those games. He was outcoached HUGE in the SB. He did not have his team ready. His was outcoached last year in the playoffs. Coaching decisions are his and those have been questioned since he took over. The team is never ready for big games. The game plan his horrible for a lot of games.

He never shows any emotion. At least Dungy showed some. And his excuse, we gotta get better? Really? Why not tell the players that, instead of the media. He even said, he doesn't care what the fans think or say. I am sorry, HE SHOULD. I understand he should also care what Irsay, Grigson and anyone else in the front office says, but come on. You should at least care if we think you are ok or think the direction is going well. We are the paying parties.

With Vince Lombardi..what is our record this past year? Truthfully.

Just because you lose, doenst mean you were outcoached.

If that's true the Caldwell has outcoached the entire AFC South for 3 years..by the record...

Manning gets credit for the wins and Caldwell gets the losses?

That's not reality...

4 years..2 good years...one year without the league's premier QB....4th year coming...

Its not logical to fire Caldwell when you look at the last 3 years...

We should move on to our personell problems

First of all having a lack of emotion has nothing to do with how good of a coach you are. BB makes Jim Caldwell look exciting and last time I checked he's one of the best coaches in the NFL while Todd Haley was fired and he had as much emotion as any coach could have in the NFL even yelling at his own players on the sidelines.

Bandwagon fans are called bandwagon fans for a reason they jump off as soon as the team starts losing not because of who the coach is. As soon as the team starts winning again they will be back regardless of who the coach is.

As for long time followers, they have seen worse days for the Colts and most of them understand while they might not like Jim Caldwell that the run we just came off of was very impressive. It's going to take more than Jim Caldwell to run them off or they wouldn't be long time fans because if some of the teams put togeather in the middle 80's and early 90's didn't run them off not firing Jim Caldwell isn't going to do it either. Agan they might not like Caldwell and will probably keep calling for his head but they are going to stay Colts fans.

For the record I am not saying ANY poster here fits into either group.

Most people like Caldwell..even the ones who say they hate him...for coaching reasons

We were 16-3 with Caldwell 3 years ago......

Changing our head coach isnt going to change our team much...next season

We have holes to fill..

If Manning is back...Let Jim C. finish his contract

Since that season we started 14-0, we are 14-24. That is not a very good coach. Especially one that doesn't make adjustments at halftime, and doesn't see that less than 100 yards passing through 3 quarters, maybe we should pull the qb. He doesn't make good decisions at all and is not a leader. If he is back, that doesn't show me that we are beginning a new era in Colts football. It does make me think long and hard about whether I should re-new my season tickets. I can't that much money on a mediocre team. I can still cheer my team on, but I'm not sure I can shell out that much money for a team that doesn't have leadership.

First of all having a lack of emotion has nothing to do with how good of a coach you are. BB makes Jim Caldwell look exciting and last time I checked he's one of the best coaches in the NFL while Todd Haley was fired and he had as much emotion as any coach could have in the NFL even yelling at his own players on the sidelines.

Bandwagon fans are called bandwagon fans for a reason they jump off as soon as the team starts losing not because of who the coach is. As soon as the team starts winning again they will be back regardless of who the coach is.

As for long time followers, they have seen worse days for the Colts and most of them understand while they might not like Jim Caldwell that the run we just came off of was very impressive. It's going to take more than Jim Caldwell to run them off or they wouldn't be long time fans because if some of the teams put togeather in the middle 80's and early 90's didn't run them off not firing Jim Caldwell isn't going to do it either. Agan they might not like Caldwell and will probably keep calling for his head but they are going to stay Colts fans.

For the record I am not saying ANY poster here fits into either group.

Well, the word was the main reason Haley was fired was due to the fact that he ticked off Weis last year causing him to seek new employment. Didn't sit well with Pioli. Besides, Haley was the fall boy for Pioli anyway. Which I would bet is the same reason the new GM and Irsay are keeping Caldwell around for. In case things don't go so well when/if Manning returns.

Since that season we started 14-0, we are 14-24.

Yeah, because that's a fair way to look at it.

I don't want Caldwell back. Not just the fact that we lost thirteen games in a row, but the manner in which we lost (by doing the same thing every week, and including four blowouts) convinces me that he's not a very good head coach. We could definitely do better, that's for sure. I'm holding out hope that nothing has been determined to this point, and that we part ways with him this week and get a better coach to run the show starting next season.

That said, I think a lot of people are overly harsh and quite unreasonable when it comes to their criticism of Jim Caldwell. The last thing that matters is sideline demeanor, in particular, a coach that's "too calm" on the sidelines. Todd Haley got fired in KC in large part due to his overly demonstrative demeanor. Maybe that's an extreme, but the point is that sideline demeanor doesn't determine whether a guy is a good coach or not. People are calling him "Radio," likening him to a mentally handicapped person. It's nuts. He's a well-spoken, well-spoken-of, well-liked man who's been defended publicly by his players and his bosses (who know him much better than anyone on this board).

I can't imagine fans leaving the team because they keep a well-liked, well-respected coach who, before this horrible season, was 26-10 overall. I don't want that coach to stay because I think we can do better. But I can understand the reasons management might keep him.

I

What happens IF we start o-2 (Lord forbid)? Does Irsay drop the hammer then? You thought it was a mess this past year. Fans will be running to the bears, bengals, and the browns. Ha-Ha!

NO he will wait until another season is lost and at 2 and 9 and the fan outcry worse then ever he will chose to re-evaluate.

I