Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz on Peyton and his grudges

chad72

In fairness to Mike Vanderjagt Nadine, it was wrong for Peyton to claim that Mike was intoxicated. I will concede that point willingly, but at the end of the day, I will always exercise a favorable bias toward Peyton Manning in 99% of any controversial claims leveled against #18. I will own that & not pretend to run from it. 

I don't hate Mike. I just believe he dug his own NFL grave, which he did entirely on his own. 

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

I hear that but he trashed his career.  Called him a drunk which he wasn't.  Anyone else with his skill would have had a longer career in the NFL.  But after that he didn't

Just my POV.  Don't trash people just because you are angry

Vanderjagt trashed his own career by not being able to kick fg anymore. His failure in Dallas had nothing what so ever to do with what Peyton said. From what I saw he very well may have been a drunk. Also Pat got drunk, swam the channel and then tried to get in someone's car, and the whole world knew about it. Didn't trash his career now did it

8 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

It may have been settled with money.  But the public is unsettled with it.  Looking at the evidence and testimonies, it doesn't look like Peyton handled this well at all.

The major media that didnt know it occurred at the time and is passing retroactive judgment based on what they didn't pay attention to it then? I guess.

There is no doubt Peyton didn't handle this well, especially in 2003.

But it was public and it was settled 13 years later. It was not left unfinished. And both sides cant talk.

What is to be said or done now?

22 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Vanderjagt trashed his own career by not being able to kick fg anymore. His failure in Dallas had nothing what so ever to do with what Peyton said. From what I saw he very well may have been a drunk. Also Pat got drunk, swam the channel and then tried to get in someone's car, and the whole world knew about it. Didn't trash his career now did it

agree to disagree

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The major media didnt know it occurred at the time and is passing retroactive judgment based on what they didn't pay attention to then? Really?

There is no doubt Peyton didn't handle this well, especially in 2003.

But it was public and it was settled 13 years later. It was not left unfinished. And both sides cant talk.

What is to be said or done now?

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

@southwest1 @jvan1973

Agree to disagree

I'm not sure what there is to disagree about.   He had another opportunity after his time here was up.   He wasn't good.    His career didn't end because peyton called him a liquored up kicker.  If he was still able to kick FGS he would still be playing.   Sebastion Janakowski is literally a liquored up kicker who is still employed because he is a good kicker

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The suggestion is that Peyton held a grudge against the woman who sued him because he didnt think his admittedly juvenile locker room actions warranted a suit and a monetary settlement....He was foolish to revisit his bad act in the 2003 book but I understand it if he felt she went too far.

....That's what I've always wondered about this story. Even if you take what she claimed Peyton did as the truth..

....it takes a ton of effort to pursue a lawsuit........

...I wonder if there was more to her response...was it just because she knew his dad had money?

...Or was there more to the situation.

We'll never know.

It doesnt change how I feel about Peyton ...its just sad that he wont be celebrated now if he retires next month.

For a 20-yearold college incident that was settled 13 years ago

10 hours ago, Blue Swagger said:

It may have been settled with money.  But the public is unsettled with it.  Looking at the evidence and testimonies, it doesn't look like Peyton handled this well at all.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

All I know is this: Why is something that was handled with a financial settlement at the University Of Tennessee back in 1996 being brought to the forefront now? Gee, I don't know maybe it's because Jamie Naughright saw that Manning just won his 2nd SB ring & she wants a bigger payday because she's a gold digger perhaps. 

I revere Manning & I don't believe he ever did anything inappropriate as a college QB & since no charges were filed almost 20 years ago, this woman needs to zip it, walk away, & stop trying to tarnish Peyton's impeccable character & reputation. Get lost lady. I don't believe a word of your unfounded & outlandish allegations regarding #18 at all. Pure fiction with no merit or basis in fact. 

Read this chronology of events and reporter in question, admittingly from a Denver site

But seems pretty good ( as well as quite long citing many sources / opinions ) even notes where Peyton made mistajkes etc

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/2/16/11015918/peyton-manning-scandal-shaun-king-tennessee-1996

2 hours ago, bayone said:

Read this chronology of events and reporter in question, admittingly from a Denver site

But seems pretty good ( as well as quite long citing many sources / opinions ) even notes where Peyton made mistajkes etc

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/2/16/11015918/peyton-manning-scandal-shaun-king-tennessee-1996

Apparently she made threatening phone calls to the University of Tennessee this past fall and UT contacted the FBI.   Then she posted on her FB page that she was going to expose Golden Boy.   I believe that in itself is a violation of their agreement.  It's all here:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-associate-ad-contacted-fbi-about-manning-accuser-harassment-021716

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Apparently she made threatening phone calls to the University of Tennessee this past fall and UT contacted the FBI.   Then she posted on her FB page that she was going to expose Golden Boy.   I believe that in itself is a violation of their agreement.  It's all here:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-associate-ad-contacted-fbi-about-manning-accuser-harassment-021716

I knew her suit in 96 Vs Tennessee involved many players , But I didnt know

she claimed 33 cases of sexual harassment, , u have to wonder if she gave any reason to invoke such a pattern - Peyton being the big name is just fodder for the media and that king guy especially , more so that he may retire and some want to taint it

That Tennessee associate athletic director Carmen Tegano who contacted the FBI because he says

"rambling, threatening and incoherent," Tegano said "I didn't know who was on the other line at first because the caller would not identify herself. She just kept saying, 'You know who this is.' Eventually she said it was her (Jamie Naughright). I can't recall the last time I had talked to her prior to this call, at least ten years ago. After three or four minutes I hung up on her." 

A few weeks later another call arrived at the house. After a short, incoherent conversation Tegano said he hung up on her again. The third time Naughright called the house in the fall of 2015, "My wife answered and she said something very rude to her (my wife) and I hung up on her again."

& she just kept calling as per article and to his home yet, not his work, that's just plain wrong, yes there are  2 sides 2 every story but she really sounds like a winning personality for the old what was it Jerry Singer Show 

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I'm really staring to understand why some of the most intelligent people in my life, who form their opinions based on fact finding,   stay the Hell away from Social media of all sorts.

this is the only social media site i am active on if u call me active, I aam not a member of twitter or FB

I also added to mty above comment as u wwere responding

12 minutes ago, bayone said:

she claimed 33 cases of sexual harassment, , u have to wonder if she gave any reason to invoke such a pattern - Peyton being the big name is just fodder for the media and that king guy especially , more so that he may retire and some want to taint it

that's been the biggest red flag for me.   Why she had 33 claims over a period of 6 years, all before her claim against Peyton.   Not questioning if they are true or not, :dunno:  because who really knows...    My question is WHY would you stay in an environment like that unless you were looking for a payday compensation?    And did the school settle with her because they believed these claims, or did they settle to finally be rid of her?    

As we've all seen this past week, she has a list of litigations against other people, including Donna Karan, A Delicatessen,  her own husband, and others...    Is she really a "victim" of all these people,  or are they the victims of a serial litigator?   :dunno:        I really don't know,  but it sure makes you ask :scratch: 

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM, chad72 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/kravitz-second-lawsuit-was-sparked-by-peyton-manning-holding-a-grudge/

I looked it up and here was Peyton on Jim Mora after his "playoff" rant:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-11-29/sports/0111290297_1_peyton-manning-mora-tony-siragusa

If grudge holding is a valid thing that Kravitz brings up, to me it may imply that Peyton does not retire a Colt if there is a grudge with Irsay.

If he holds a grudge after Irsay paid him $26.4M to ride the bench,  I'm going to hold a grudge.

37 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Or that's what happens when you know neither side will change their mind and they don't want to be nasty

Nobody has to change their mind.  But when facts of a situation stand in stark contrast to a persons opinion, and they refuse to acknowledge this, they are viewed as having no legs to stand on.  Thus their opinion or argument is viewed as less credible and may affect how others perceive or value future opinions.

Furthermore,  the only reason to get nasty is when you no longer have any valid points to make and resort to being nasty to direct attention away from the subject. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

Nobody has to change their mind.  But when facts of a situation stand in stark contrast to a persons opinion, they are viewed as having no legs to stand on.  Thus their opinion or argument is viewed as less credible and may affect how others perceive or value future opinions.

OK, believe what you choose. Makes no difference to me

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure what there is to disagree about.   He had another opportunity after his time here was up.   He wasn't good.    His career didn't end because peyton called him a liquored up kicker.  If he was still able to kick FGS he would still be playing.   Sebastion Janakowski is literally a liquored up kicker who is still employed because he is a good kicker

He was also dealing with a groin injury that year (Though I don't know the severity),

Janikowski is an 80.2% field goal kicker and has 8 seasons of 80% or below field goal %.

Vanderjagt only has 3.....Janikowski don't belong in the same sentence.. Vanderjagt said himself he wanted to return to Toronto for his wife and kids after the Cowboys released him

As far as the Vanderjagt commet PM made, has anybody mentioned that PM was making the comment in response to MV comment he first made about PM's quarterbacking?

MV was on a Canadian sports show or something and said something elluding to the idea about PM not being a winner, which then begat PM calling him a liquored-up kicker shortly thereafter.

7 hours ago, bayone said:

That Tennessee associate athletic director Carmen Tegano who contacted the FBI because he says

"rambling, threatening and incoherent," Tegano said "I didn't know who was on the other line at first because the caller would not identify herself. She just kept saying, 'You know who this is.' Eventually she said it was her (Jamie Naughright). I can't recall the last time I had talked to her prior to this call, at least ten years ago. After three or four minutes I hung up on her." 

A few weeks later another call arrived at the house. After a short, incoherent conversation Tegano said he hung up on her again. The third time Naughright called the house in the fall of 2015, "My wife answered and she said something very rude to her (my wife) and I hung up on her again."

& she just kept calling as per article and to his home yet, not his work, that's just plain wrong, yes there are  2 sides 2 every story but she really sounds like a winning personality for the old what was it Jerry Singer Show 

My, my, my this Jamie sounds like she's got a ton of emotional issues to work through. She hardly sounds reasonable & level headed. Whatever her vendetta against Manning is in 2016, Peyton has nothing to worry about next to this looney tunes lady. The public will soon she Jamie & this Mr. King for the greedy opportunists that they truly are. 

15 hours ago, Nadine said:

@southwest1 @jvan1973

Agree to disagree

That's perfectly fine. I just don't understand what the difference of opinion is actually about here. Is it that Peyton mischaracterized Mike as drunk when that wasn't proven or that Manning used his QB clout & influence to get Mike fired in Indianapolis? 

He had other opportunities to kick in other cities & he couldn't remain on rosters after the Colts released him. The NFL is a harsh business & Mike couldn't hold his own weight. It's as simple as that. It's not like #18 sabotaged his entire kicking career. 

You have a right to your viewpoint & you are under no obligation to justify it of course. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

My, my, my this Jamie sounds like she's got a ton of emotional issues to work through. She hardly sounds reasonable & level headed. Whatever her vendetta against Manning is in 2016, Peyton has nothing to worry about next to this looney tunes lady. The public will soon she Jamie & this Mr. King for the greedy opportunists that they truly are. 

Probably more money and attention for this Jamie nutjob, but there is no new news as far as Manning is concerned.  The sports radio hosts were going on about it last weekend, but the story has died as quickly as it rose.  There is nothing here and nothing in the whole recent Manning media nightmare is really sticking.  They are digging and may eventually find something if they search hard enough, but this past scandal is not it.  Manning was young and dumb, but nothing he did was malicious.  Just an old story that is getting resurfaced.  

The sports media was hoping for new information and this spring/summer's deflategate, but it was not the case.  They will actually have to cover the sports going on instead of hoping the NFL could carry them through the offseason. 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

He was also dealing with a groin injury that year (Though I don't know the severity),

Janikowski is an 80.2% field goal kicker and has 8 seasons of 80% or below field goal %.

Vanderjagt only has 3.....Janikowski don't belong in the same sentence.. Vanderjagt said himself he wanted to return to Toronto for his wife and kids after the Cowboys released him

His wife is from brownsburg indiana.   They went to Toronto for him.   They then moved to Marco Island where he was fired from coaching youth football for choking a child

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

His wife is from brownsburg indiana.   They went to Toronto for him.   They then moved to Marco Island where he was fired from coaching youth football for choking a child

Perhaps he meant TO his wife and kids then, I knew about him choking a child, No doubt he had issues but I don't think he is not in the NFL cause of a bad year with the Cowboys...Not at 36 in my opinion being a Kicker. I think its either his agent has taken a few calls and they turned them down or he called it quits. From what I could find he wasn't charged with choking the kid.

For what its worth Vanderjagt said he put his hand on the kids shoulder at the base of the neck.....and again no charges were filed

31 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Perhaps he meant TO his wife and kids then, I knew about him choking a child, No doubt he had issues but I don't think he is not in the NFL cause of a bad year with the Cowboys...Not at 36 in my opinion being a Kicker. I think its either his agent has taken a few calls and they turned them down or he called it quits. From what I could find he wasn't charged with choking the kid.

For what its worth Vanderjagt said he put his hand on the kids shoulder at the base of the neck.....and again no charges were filed

Whatever it was,   it wasn't peyton having him black balled from the league.   Kickers rarely get a second lease on their career when they lose it.