Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning sex assault allegations

csmopar

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Makes the victim look less sympathetic as well when she changes her story.

Right.    Because one of the things that people here want to do is make the victim less sympathetic.

It makes Peyton seem so much better.

This is the kind of thinking that makes women not want to come forward when abused by famous people.    Does the name Bill Cosby not mean anything?

Not only is there almost nothing here for Peyton to hide behind,  but his efforts to discredit the woman long after the event removes the excuse that many here have been using.....

"Hey, he was only a teenager!"

The abuse of this woman has continued during some of Peyton's years with the Colts into the mid-2000's.

He certainly wasn't a teenager then......

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

She lost her job at UT due to the fact that she Sued the University.   I don't know about your employer, but I'm pretty sure if I sued My employer I would probably be out of that job as well.

Suing your employer is not automatic grounds for losing your job.    And she likely had to sue her employer because the University was busy protecting Peyton and not helping her.

In other words, if this hadn't happened she wouldn't have lost her job.     I'm not sure why that's hard for many here to grasp.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

The Manning's never mentioned her name in the book.   How are you having a tough time with that.?   If she lost her second job,  it had nothing to do with the book

Come on, you know better.....   the incident is in the book.    The fact that her name isn't in it doesn't mean that people couldn't figure out who the person was.       The Mannings were screwing with her, and eventually it led to her losing her job.

She had a good reputation at her 2nd job,  right up until the news got out about the past incident at Tennessee.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around WHY this 20 year old story was brought up again.

And the timing...??    

The University of Tennessee has a long history of not doing enough to control their athletes and employees in the area of dealing with women.    They have a long history of siding with the athletes against the victims.

So,  they're now being taken to court over Title IX issues.    As part of the suit, all the previous incidents that have happened at Tennessee are listed in the complaint.     Peyton's case is one of them.

The word got out.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Suing your employer is not automatic grounds for losing your job.    And she likely had to sue her employer because the University was busy protecting Peyton and not helping her.

In other words, if this hadn't happened she wouldn't have lost her job.     I'm not sure why that's hard for many here to grasp.

I, on the other hand, am not sure why it's so hard for you to grasp that this woman may not be telling the truth, the whole truth, and something other than the truth?    Why are you so quick to believe her?    She has somewhat of a history of litigations  over the years, and has gone after a few others with a  couple of other lawsuits.  Not to mention she has changed her story a few times.  I find her to be not very credible.

As far as suing your employer, yes, it may not be automatic grounds for losing your job,  but I find it highly unlikely that anyone remains employed after suing their employer.  

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I, on the other hand, am not sure why it's so hard for you to grasp that this woman may not be telling the truth, the whole truth, and something other than the truth?    Why are you so quick to believe her?    She has somewhat of a history of litigations  over the years, and has gone after a few others with a  couple of other lawsuits.  Not to mention she has changed her story a few times.  I find her to be not very credible.

As far as suing your employer, yes, it may not be automatic grounds for losing your job,  but I find it highly unlikely that anyone remains employed after suing their employer.  

If he did do it, I just hope she was hot..........

35 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I know bull when I see it. I'm not going anywhere, but it doesn't mean I won't take offense to anything anyone else posts, especially when trying to compare me to trolls or question my intent.

You took my soap box comment personal. I said it because your comment had Manning guilty from the start. I have no problem with you of any kind so lets keep on keeping on. All it is, is a forum, no big deal.

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Losing a job after suing an employer is standard procedure. I know of two cases where this happened personally. It falls under the term "for the good of both parties". Not too many people who sue or the people sued  would expect for things to go well in the future because of human nature.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on, you know better.....   the incident is in the book.    The fact that her name isn't in it doesn't mean that people couldn't figure out who the person was.       The Mannings were screwing with her, and eventually it led to her losing her job.

She had a good reputation at her 2nd job,  right up until the news got out about the past incident at Tennessee.

It's almost impossible for all her coworkers ten years later to buy that book read it and guess the trainer from the four paragraphs of a few hundred pages was her and then treat her differently for it so that she couldn't do her job. She became named because she brought it back up.

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So,   what about what happened in the book was termination worthy?   Why didn't she bring a wrongful termination suit?   Can you provide a link that says she had a great reputation before the release of the book?   I mean you seem to know what her reputation was there.   Where are you getting that info?   

25 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

When it comes to this incident,  I find the women's credibility far, far greater than Peyton's or his family.

I've found another story and I'm cutting and pasting an interesting passage here.....

The male student that Manning later claimed he had been mooning, track athlete Malcolm Saxon, wrote a letter saying he was not the intended recipient of any mooning and urged Manning to "maintain some dignity and admit to what happened.... Your celebrity doesn't mean you can treat folks this way.... Do the right thing here." The letter was included in the 74-page court filing.

Naughright also wasn't just some kid trainer caught up in a classmate's antics. As is carefully detailed in the New York Daily News story, she held a B.A., a master's and a doctorate and was the Director of Health and Wellness for the entire men's athletic program at UT. And, perhaps most troubling, the incident didn't end when she accepted a $300,000 settlement from UT and agreed to leave the school to which she had devoted her entire career.

In 2002 Naughright took Manning to court on defamation charges, claiming he misrepresented the 1996 incident in his book "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy," and falsely characterized her, causing her to lose her job at Florida Southern College. They agreed to an out-of-court settlement, part of which was an agreement that neither party would publicly discuss the settlement or each other. But Naughright again took legal action against Manning in 2005, when he spoke about the 1996 incident in an ESPN documentary.

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

It's almost impossible for all her coworkers ten years later to buy that book read it and guess the trainer from the four paragraphs of a few hundred pages was her and then treat her differently for it so that she couldn't do her job. She became named because she brought it back up.

Who in their right mind thinks ALL HER COWORKERS TEN YEARS LATER ALL BOUGHT THE BOOK?!?      What in the world?!?

It only takes one and then the word spreads.     Have you never heard of gossip?     Have you never told a story about some co-worker?      It happens everywhere in the world everyday of the year.

You're trying way too hard to find a flaw in the women's story.     Her story has already passed muster.   Peyton and Archie's has not.     It reflects very badly on them.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So,   what about what happened in the book was termination worthy?   Why didn't she bring a wrongful termination suit?   Can you provide a link that says she had a great reputation before the release of the book?   I mean you seem to know what her reputation was there.   Where are you getting that info?   

I've read two stories.....   I have no idea if I can find them.    I'm terrible at finding specific things on the Internet.

I'll see if I can find them,  but I wouldn't hold out much hope of it....

By the way,  if you scroll up just a few posts you'll see just some of the women's credentials from her time at UT.

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So the Mannings telling their side is "screwing with her"?! That makes no sense. If Peyton is telling the truth, SHE has been screwing with him. Why isn't he allowed to try to stop her lies?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When it comes to this incident,  I find the women's credibility far, far greater than Peyton's or his family.

I've found another story and I'm cutting and pasting an interesting passage here.....

How convenient.  This was from a 74 page brief that HER attorney prepared.  He was paid by her.

Yeah, you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want.   I don't find her credible At All.

BTW  I know how to use the internet too... There is plenty of stuff about her out there.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Who in their right mind thinks ALL HER COWORKERS TEN YEARS LATER ALL BOUGHT THE BOOK?!?      What in the world?!?

It only takes one and then the word spreads.     Have you never heard of gossip?     Have you never told a story about some co-worker?      It happens everywhere in the world everyday of the year.

You're trying way too hard to find a flaw in the women's story.     Her story has already passed muster.   Peyton and Archie's has not.     It reflects very badly on them.

It has not passed muster in the least bit. Why didn't she file wrongful termination? Gossip and slander in the workplace would give her a fairly decent case but she did not file for some reason. She seemed pretty content to file suit in other cases that she believed she could win.

oh that's right, she magically forgot how to work once Manning's book got published in which she wasn't named and Manning apologized for the incident occurring.

Let's not forget that she changed her statement from 1996 as well.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. How can she be credible when her second lawsuit was based on convincing us she lied in the affidavit from the incident? How can she be credible when she sued Manning for calling her "vulgar" and a simple search of her social media shows her to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond vulgar?

2 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. How can she be credible when her second lawsuit was based on convincing us she lied in the affidavit from the incident? How can she be credible when she sued Manning for calling her "vulgar" and a simple search of her social media shows her to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond vulgar?

Yeah,  like I said.  She is far FAR from credible.

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Here's a passage from one very long link....   I'm just cutting and pasting the key passage......

When Naughright finally left the University of Tennessee it was both heartbreaking and a great relief. She was hired to be an assistant professor and the program director of the Athletic Education Training Program at Florida Southern College. For more than three years she served Florida Southern with great distinction. She received, according to the court documents, regular raises, outstanding reviews, and was credited for helping grow the program in measurable ways.

In 1998, she served as the head athletic trainer for the U.S. women's track and field program in Beijing. Two years later, she was hired to be the head athletic trainer for the both the men's and women's USA track and field teams in their competition versus Canada. Her professional life had clearly turned a corner. Beloved both by athletes and her colleagues, Naughright had decided she'd never discuss the sexual assault by Manning publicly. In fact, both she and Manning signed a confidentiality agreement when she left the University of Tennessee that they would not discuss it.

Yet, in 2001, after moving on and revitalizing her career, everything came crashing down again. Now a quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, and more famous than ever, Manning violated the confidentiality agreement in a way that could not be undone. It has scarred Naughright like a scarlet letter to this very day.

On May 16th, 2001, Naughright returned to Florida after accompanying her students on an educational and medical trip to South Africa. When she arrived at her office, she found a large manilla envelope in a receptacle on her door with the words "Dr. Vulgar Mouth Whited" printed on it (see page 1). Whited was Naughright's married name for most of her time at the University of Tennessee. She was immediately disturbed. Other employees testified that the envelope had been there for a few days before she arrived home from South Africa.

In it, were Xerox copies from some type of publication. It appeared to be written by Peyton Manning and it was about her. Colleagues who saw her after opening it testified that she was shaken up by what she read. Manning and his father, Archie, had written a book called "The Mannings" and perhaps wanting to put their stamp on the incident in Knoxville before it ever reached the public, they threw Naughright under bus.

Her supervisor at Florida Southern had already opened the envelope and read what was in it. What Manning said about her ruined her career at Florida Southern and in college athletics once and for all. After years of amazing reviews and great work at the university, the controversy from the book and the stress it created eventually caused Dr. Jamie Naughright to be let go, once again, for doing nothing wrong.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've read two stories.....   I have no idea if I can find them.    I'm terrible at finding specific things on the Internet.

I'll see if I can find them,  but I wouldn't hold out much hope of it....

By the way,  if you scroll up just a few posts you'll see just some of the women's credentials from her time at UT.

That has nothing to do with her second job.    When you sue a university,  it's pretty common you won't be employed there any longer

There is some serious craziness going on in this thread.

You cannot prove Peyton guilty of "ruining this woman's life" by continuing to fight against her story, unless you can prove that Peyton is lying. if Peyton is telling the truth, then he is protecting the truth - NOT screwing with anyone.

Secondly, Peyton has a long standing reputation. This woman BY HER OWN LAWSUIT (the second one, after the book came out) wants us to believe that she lied in the affidavit (wherein she said there was no physical contact) by now claiming there was physical conduct. This woman sued Peyton for calling her "vulgar" and it took posters on this site five seconds to find the most obscene quotes from her own social media pages.
WHAT REALITY IS THIS

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

How convenient.  This was from a 74 page brief that HER attorney prepared.  He was paid by her.

Yeah, you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want.   I don't find her credible At All.

BTW  I know how to use the internet too... There is plenty of stuff about her out there.  

Of course there is plenty of stuff out there about this.....   and almost none of it is good for Peyton or his family.

12 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

So the Mannings telling their side is "screwing with her"?! That makes no sense. If Peyton is telling the truth, SHE has been screwing with him. Why isn't he allowed to try to stop her lies?

There were confidentially agreements signed by both parties.    They were not allowed to speak of it.    They broke the agreement.     They got sued again for that and lost.

Her lies?   

If she's lying,  doesn't Peyton Manning have a case against her?    When was that case filed?      How did that suit turn out?      It didn't.    Because Peyton has never sued her.

And by the way,  have you noticed how Peyton has said nothing about this since it broke?      Remember how quick he was to respond to the Al-Jazeera charges about the steroids?      Almost immediately.     Remember how he hired high powered spokesperson Ari Fleisher to represent him?      Where is Peyton now?    Where is Ari Fleisher now?      They're no where.     They're not talking.

You have to be wondering why?

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

There were confidentially agreements signed by both parties.    They were not allowed to speak of it.    They broke the agreement.     They got sued again for that and lost.

Her lies?   

Nobody lost, there was a settlement.

"Her lies" - if Peyton is telling the truth, she is lying.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That has nothing to do with her second job.    When you sue a university,  it's pretty common you won't be employed there any longer

I understand that is not referenced to her 2nd job.    That's why I wrote UT.    University of Tennessee.

I've now cut and pasted info that you asked for about the 2nd job.

I understand that is not referenced to her 2nd job.    That's why I wrote UT.    University of Tennessee.

I've now cut and pasted info that you asked for about the 2nd job.

If Peyton is telling the truth, he has every right to fight against what she says. If Peyton is telling the truth, she lost her job because of her lies. This is only Peyton's fault if he actually did what she is now claiming (which by the way, is DIFFERENT from what she claimed at the time).

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course there is plenty of stuff out there about this.....   and almost none of it is good for Peyton or his family.

I know you've never been a fan of Peyton.....  This is all some good fodder for you, isn't it?

You're starting to look a bit foolish.

Her lies?   

If she's lying,  doesn't Peyton Manning have a case against her?    When was that case filed?      How did that suit turn out?      It didn't.    Because Peyton has never sued her.

And by the way,  have you noticed how Peyton has said nothing about this since it broke?      Remember how quick he was to respond to the Al-Jazeera charges about the steroids?      Almost immediately.     Remember how he hired high powered spokesperson Ari Fleisher to represent him?      Where is Peyton now?    Where is Ari Fleisher now?      They're no where.     They're not talking.

You have to be wondering why?

So wait a minute. First you blame Peyton for talking about this in his book because it "broke the confidentiality agreement." But, now you're blaming Peyton for NOT talking about it? Wow. Dude, you're arguing like someone who has made up their mind and isn't interested in thinking about this seriously.

4 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Nobody lost, there was a settlement.

"Her lies" - if Peyton is telling the truth, she is lying.

And the settlement was from the Mannings to her.      She didn't write them a check.    They wrote her one.

Peyton has not been telling the truth.....   that's why he's in the mess he's in right now.

And the settlement was from the Mannings to her.      She didn't write them a check.    They wrote her one.

Peyton has not been telling the truth.....   that's why he's in the mess he's in right now.

WOW   just Wow.   I hope you're never sitting jury duty if I'm accused of something.   

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I know you've never been a fan of Peyton.....  This is all some good fodder for you, isn't it?

You're starting to look a bit foolish.

What are you talking about?

I've always been a fan of Peyton!      I can't even remember ever saying anything bad about him!

You're confusing me with someone else.        I'm a Peyton fan -- always have been.

I'm looking foolish?      To whom?      To Peyton Manning fans who see what they want and ignore what they don't like.

That has not been proven at all. I don't think you understand how settlements work. It does not mean Peyton is saying "yeah, I did this." It means Peyton is admitting he did something she shouldn't have seen (it doesn't mean Peyton is admitting he did what she said he did!).

What are you talking about?

I've always been a fan of Peyton!      I can't even remember ever saying anything bad about him!

You're confusing me with someone else.        I'm a Peyton fan -- always have been.

I'm looking foolish?      To whom?      To Peyton Manning fans who see what they want and ignore what they don't like.

Let me remind you...  My son was also at UT when all this happened.   This is not news to me.   I happen to think I pretty much know what went down...     and I will leave it at that.

I believe Peyton.   I believe Archie.   I do not believe this woman.

8 hours ago, General_Hux said:

I've seen the name "Bill Cosby" pop up a few times in this thread...not because the alleged crimes are similar.  They are not.  But the thing with the Bill Cosby story was how it started as a little smoke and turned into a forest fire very quickly once the media started poking around and things started coming out of the woodwork.  With this and the HGH story, it's kinda starting to have that feeling...

I think the lesson to be learned here is that fans need to not put these professional athletes on such high pedestals.  They're not perfect, they make mistakes.  Sometimes, the public face they put out there is very different from reality.  Peyton has literally written the book on how franchise QB's are supposed to act in public.  Every move he's made, especially off the field, have been done to improve his brand.  Every player is their own CEO, and he's on Warren Buffet's level in the sports world.  The lengths Peyton will go to in order to protect his carefully cultivated brand likely have few limits.  Sometimes, there will be victims along the way.  I think this is one of those cases.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  It's a snowball rolling downhill at the moment, and there are very real legacy implications because of it. 

This is a joke right?

Without reading through all of the posts, I'll offer that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I think rational people must accept that some of the accusations against Peyton may be true (and that includes the many local rumors of Peyton's marital infidelity). However, whatever Peyton's misdeeds are, they shouldn't necessarily overshadow all of the good things he has done both on and off of the football field. After all, most seem to have forgiven a certain former president for his infidelities.  Furthermore, that this old news is now resurfacing and taking off like it is, to me, says a lot more about the people advancing the story than it does Peyton Manning at this point.

Just now, grmasterb said:

Without reading through all of the posts, I'll offer that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I think rational people must accept that some of the accusations against Peyton may be true (and that includes the many local rumors of Peyton's marital infidelity). However, whatever Peyton's misdeeds are, they shouldn't necessarily overshadow all of the good things he has done both on and off of the football field. After all, most seem to have forgiven a certain former president for his infidelities.  Furthermore, that this old news is now resurfacing and taking off like it is, to me, says a lot more about the people advancing the story than it does Peyton Manning at this point.

Peyton has already said he did something wrong, and admitted it somewhat via settlement and directly through the statements in his book. The question is "what did he do wrong?" No one is saying Peyton didn't do something foolish. He said it himself. BUT, what he says happened is far different from what she said. If you review this woman's history and character, I see little reason to believe her...

4 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Peyton has already said he did something wrong, and admitted it somewhat via settlement and directly through the statements in his book. The question is "what did he do wrong?" No one is saying Peyton didn't do something foolish. He said it himself. BUT, what he says happened is far different from what she said. If you review this woman's history and character, I see little reason to believe her...

I'm not saying she should be believed. I'm not saying Peyton's version is true or false. I'm suggesting that what actually happened is probably somewhere between the stories told by both sides.

From the little bit that I've seen, it does appear that Peyton's accuser may have the "vulgar mouth" to which he referred. But we also have a lot of people on this board who have made Manning a deity of sorts. That's not a wise thing to do. Ask any Reds fan over 40 (I can personally attest).

Just now, grmasterb said:

I'm not saying she should be believed. I'm not saying Peyton's version is true or false. I'm suggesting that what actually happened is probably somewhere between the stories told by both sides.

I guess to me it's important to maintain innocent until proven guilty.

If it's proven that Peyton wronged her and lied about it, I'll be the first to say, "He owes her an apology and that won't even begin to cover it."
BUT, no one has even begun to prove that. So, in the meantime, I'm concerned with upholding Peyton's reputation. If he is innocent as he says, then he doesn't deserve to have his reputation damaged like this.

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's a passage from one very long link....   I'm just cutting and pasting the key passage......

When Naughright finally left the University of Tennessee it was both heartbreaking and a great relief. She was hired to be an assistant professor and the program director of the Athletic Education Training Program at Florida Southern College. For more than three years she served Florida Southern with great distinction. She received, according to the court documents, regular raises, outstanding reviews, and was credited for helping grow the program in measurable ways.

In 1998, she served as the head athletic trainer for the U.S. women's track and field program in Beijing. Two years later, she was hired to be the head athletic trainer for the both the men's and women's USA track and field teams in their competition versus Canada. Her professional life had clearly turned a corner. Beloved both by athletes and her colleagues, Naughright had decided she'd never discuss the sexual assault by Manning publicly. In fact, both she and Manning signed a confidentiality agreement when she left the University of Tennessee that they would not discuss it.

Yet, in 2001, after moving on and revitalizing her career, everything came crashing down again. Now a quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, and more famous than ever, Manning violated the confidentiality agreement in a way that could not be undone. It has scarred Naughright like a scarlet letter to this very day.

On May 16th, 2001, Naughright returned to Florida after accompanying her students on an educational and medical trip to South Africa. When she arrived at her office, she found a large manilla envelope in a receptacle on her door with the words "Dr. Vulgar Mouth Whited" printed on it (see page 1). Whited was Naughright's married name for most of her time at the University of Tennessee. She was immediately disturbed. Other employees testified that the envelope had been there for a few days before she arrived home from South Africa.

In it, were Xerox copies from some type of publication. It appeared to be written by Peyton Manning and it was about her. Colleagues who saw her after opening it testified that she was shaken up by what she read. Manning and his father, Archie, had written a book called "The Mannings" and perhaps wanting to put their stamp on the incident in Knoxville before it ever reached the public, they threw Naughright under bus.

Her supervisor at Florida Southern had already opened the envelope and read what was in it. What Manning said about her ruined her career at Florida Southern and in college athletics once and for all. After years of amazing reviews and great work at the university, the controversy from the book and the stress it created eventually caused Dr. Jamie Naughright to be let go, once again, for doing nothing wrong.

That is directly from kings article.  There is no quote from her former employer about her abilities or reputation