• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, bababooey said:
9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I posted this in page four, the sports illustrated article from Brian McCann the sports lawyer.

So how is this even a story?! The woman is trying to prove her credibility by getting us to believe that she lied before?! How does she have an ounce of credibility?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    It's not a joke.    And only die-hard Peyton Manning fans are defending him.

You have a very poor understanding of what happened here and you're definitely not reading my posts.

Peyton didn't ruin her career.  She outed herself by filing the lawsuit.  As had been pointed out multiple times,   her name isn't in the book.  Second,   she never claimed having her face sat on until years later n. Why is that?  Why didn't she press charges?  

She has been involved in a few lawsuits since this incident.   I would do a bit of reading on the subject if you really want to know the known facts.

Whatever peyton did,   he shouldn't have done.  But it wasn't sexual assault and it surely didn't ruin her life and career

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

Amazing how defensive "fans" get over a person they don't even personally know..

No, see we aren't "defensive" but rather angry that people believe things without proof. Go back and look at all there is to see about this woman. Now, tell us why she should have more credibility than Peyton.

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nobody was mooned.     Peyton made the assertion and his teammates did NOT back him up.

It was proven to be FALSE.

It was not proven to be false.  His teammate said he wasn't there,   he didn't say he saw peyton put his genitals on her face.   Again do some reading outside of shaun kings piece

•       Its also amazing how other 'fans' on reflex attack someone they dont know..
  • We're going to have to make our own judgements because Peyton isnt going to comment further.
  • He cant. He already made that mistake once..

...I just think its unfair to bring it up again now...with the new outrage I'm hearing on radio and TV from those who didn't know what has been public knowledge......This case was settled.

Among the things I dont know is whether one of the 6 women in the Tennessee lawsuit is the person who sued Peyton twice?

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

You do not have any children, do you?

None that old, but we were all 19 once too.  The smart ones among us knew that our mistakes had consequences...mistakes that could alter our entire life's path. 

Are you suggesting that if charges had been pressed against Manning for this incident that he should have been tried in juvenile court? 

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Amazing how defensive "fans" get over a person they don't even personally know..

A great number of people in this town have a great deal of emotional investment in Peyton Manning...evidenced by their refusal to move on from his departure from the Colts.  It's natural that people would get defensive about this when they have so much invested. 

2 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

None that old, but we were all 19 once too.  The smart ones among us knew that our mistakes had consequences...mistakes that could alter our entire life's path. 

Are you suggesting that if charges had been pressed against Manning for this incident that he should have been tried in juvenile court? 

Is a male athlete mooning another male athlete in a male locker room a crime?

6 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Nobody likes a liar or hater .

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It was not proven to be false.  His teammate said he wasn't there,   he didn't say he saw peyton put his genitals on her face.   Again do some reading outside of shaun kings piece

She gave her statement collected her cash & moved on coming back at every opportunity for a pay day . 

She says she lied & I believe her she'll lie for money a true story never changes 

Manning’s legal team also included an affidavit signed by Naughright in 1996 concerning the ’96 incident. Although she describes Manning as behaving in a gross and offensive manner, she does not describe Manning as making any physical contact with her:

“He pulled his pants down and exposed himself to me, as I was bent over examining his foot after asking me personal questions. I reported this to my supervisor, who referred to it as ‘merely a prank,' and no action was taken in regard to this until after I formally complained.”

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Nobody likes a liar or hater .

She gave her statement collected her cash & moved on coming back at every opportunity for a pay day . 

She says she lied & I believe her she'll lie for money a true story never changes 

So a woman who is known to be litigious first brings one story in a lawsuit and then later (in trying to get more money) brings a different story. Yeah, there sure is "proof" Peyton assaulted her [/sarcasm]

3 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

A great number of people in this town have a great deal of emotional investment in Peyton Manning...evidenced by their refusal to move on from his departure from the Colts.  It's natural that people would get defensive about this when they have so much invested. 

The Flip side is a lot have moved on but it wood seem the Trolls have'nt . 

People running with half truths spreading manure as tho it were gospel . The overwhelming evidence is this person is just a blackmailer & Liar more than anything else.

That gets overlooked in the feeding frenzy .

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The Flip side is a lot have moved on but it wood seem the Trolls have'nt . 

People running with half truths spreading manure as tho it were gospel . The overwhelming evidence is this person is just a blackmailer & Liar more than anything else.

That gets overlooked in the feeding frenzy .

No doubt.  She's a piece of work, that's for sure. 

6 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

My goodness...of course not.  IF charges had been pressed...IF...hypothetical. 

I'm honestly just asking to make people think. It is downright scary to me that so many just on this board (imagine what it's like elsewhere!) are convinced Peyton did something terrible just because somebody said he did! I'm just tying to get people to practice a little critical thinking.... wasn't trying to take a shot at you.

34 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

No, I'm suggesting that if you think a 19 or 20 year old thinks like an adult you are sadly mistaken.

3 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

Lots of 19 or 20 year olds make all kinds of mature adult decisions every single day. 

They also make plenty of immature decisions every single day, especially males.  It is the overriding reason that a male's auto insurance rates do not go down until they reach 25.

5 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

Lots of 19 or 20 year olds make all kinds of mature adult decisions every single day. 

And most make decisions they wouldn't make 10 years later.   

I'm guessing you never played sports.  Mooning in a locker room is pretty common.  When you have youth and nudity,  things get pretty immature.   I don't moon people at the gym I go to as an adult however.    Can you not grasp that concept? 

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

They also make plenty of immature decisions every single day, especially males.  It is the overriding reason that a male's auto insurance rates do not go down until they reach 25.

Acutally, they steadily retreat every year after they turn 18 assuming there haven't been any losses, but what do I know...I've only been in that industry for 15 years. 

Are you saying that Peyton had "affluenza"? 

Damn straight I'm angry.

I'm angry that certain topics are forbidden here, because God forbid we upset fans of another team.

But it always seems to be open season to trash talk one who was once the face of our organization and our former franchise quarterback.

Talk about disrespect.

Just now, General_Hux said:

Acutally, they steadily retreat every year after they turn 18 assuming there haven't been any losses, but what do I know...I've only been in that industry for 15 years. 

Are you saying that Peyton had "affluenza"? 

I wish you would talk to my insurance guy then.   My kids insurance didn't drop significantly until they were 23

8 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Guys have done way worse in this league at age 30 and nobody cares. This faux internet outrage will blow over by the end of the month.

Depending on what happened, which I do not know, some in the NFL have done worse.  That doesn't mean that Manning should be completely excused, but I am not going to put 100% faith in what either the plaintiff's lawyers have to say or what a journalist wannabe that passes himself off as being black has to say.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I wish you would talk to my insurance guy then.   My kids insurance didn't drop significantly until they were 23

Should have shopped around!  Honestly though, the way some adults drive these days it makes me think that the risk management industry has it all backwards!

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He gave her a boatload of money.    Why didn't she press charges? 

Indeed, that's a very good question.  Methinks if it was another player on the teammate who wasn't scion of wealthy and well known former NFL QB, she would have handled it differently.  Like I said earlier, she's a real piece of work.  But he was stupid, and it cost him.