Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning sex assault allegations

csmopar

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OUM....

It's damning and shocking to everyone who has NOT known about this.     You, as a Colts fan know about this.

But this story has been kept pretty hush-hush for a long time.    Lots of people are learning about this for the very first time.      And to all those people,  it's damning and shocking.

Also,  your assertion that Peyton wrote this book to apologize to the young lady is not reflected in either of the two stories I've seen on this.     The book was written to promote Peyton and to downplay the allegations against him and take more shots at the woman.

She lost two jobs over this.     One at Tennessee,  the other at Central Florida.     The woman has been harmed.   

Also the reference to Likely is a way to say that I don't know if she's been libeled and slandered but as a non-legal expert it certainly looks that way to me.

Literally Google Peyton manning sex assault allegation and you'd see it was picked up in major news sources all over the country at the time. This isn't some colts fan baggage we were keeping secret from the rest of the sports world. You probably just got access to Internet with your newfound fandom and never stumbled upon it yourself.

Did you happen to think that since everything that has came out is one sided and the "facts" are written by a lawyer she paid for doesn't mean everything you read is true? How the hell can someone lose a second job almost a decade later over this? Tough to say someone is harmed when you only hear her half and don't know what she was paid in the settlement on top of 300K from the school. If you think he's responsible for getting her fired a second time I've got a bridge to sell you. Why not sue UCF too?

Youre correct that you are not a legal expert but you are really not educated on anything else for that matter. It would look like libel to you because you're one of the many *s yesterday who read the story and have faux anger over something that happened before we ever heard of Derek Jeter and was reported and settled before we got Saddam. The only difference is now a butthurt cam fan/documented racist published her lawyer's words that were paid for to damage him.

America will act angry again like they did for Kobe, Vick, Big Ben, Ray Lewis, and Brady and then get over it and remember he had a 20 year career afterward and his good (both documented and secret) far, far outweighed the mistake of his youth. I wouldn't expect you to grasp this though.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

The article came out because it's the first time the 74-page court document has been released in full, correct? That's why Shaun King wrote the article. Still, it's not like some Panther fans are digging this up because they lost the Super Bowl. It's preposterous for some fans on here to even come to that conclusion and shows the blatant homer mentality that many here posses. It's a real story, over a real incident. Not some fan rumor.

Do you know who Shaun King is?

The plaintiff's court argument has been available before. It was covered by USA Today over 10 years ago.

19 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

In my eyes Peyton Hasnt been made to suffer over this indiscretion yet.

its was a rug sweep just like spygate......it happened so long ago that the current media and social media of today weren't around to cycle it 24/7

Literally Google it and you'll see you're wrong. Your eyes must have been shut for  two decades. Btw spy gate was not swept under the rug as it's still mentioned. 

24 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

In my eyes Peyton Hasnt been made to suffer over this indiscretion yet.

its was a rug sweep just like spygate......it happened so long ago that the current media and social media of today weren't around to cycle it 24/7

Made to suffer in your eyes? There was nothing swept under the rug. Just because you are not old enough or were lacking the knowledge at the time does not mean it was swept under the rug. I wouldn't call $300,000. and whatever amount the Mannings paid as being swept under the rug. Also in Mannings book he himself brought it up. It's old news and if you hadn't been aware of it that's on your lack of knowing the facts.

FYI, if a word is filtered out of your post, this means we don't want it on the site.  Don't try to get around the filter

This is an adult topic but we have youth reading this board.  Keep that in mind

If you would not use the word in mixed company, don't use it here.  Be respectful of our rules and  your fellow posters please

19 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Literally Google it and you'll see you're wrong. Your eyes must have been shut for  two decades. Btw spy gate was not swept under the rug as it's still mentioned. 

Listen in the scheme of today's newscycle on bad news, it pales.  I remember it well.....I think it's gonna get more light now.   With the entire UT suits happening, more light will be shined

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Made to suffer in your eyes? There was nothing swept under the rug. Just because you are not old enough or were lacking the knowledge at the time does not mean it was swept under the rug. I wouldn't call $300,000. and whatever amount the Mannings paid as being swept under the rug. Also in Mannings book he himself brought it up. It's old news and if you hadn't been aware of it that's on your lack of knowing the facts.

Dude I'm most likely way older than most of you.  I know the facts....what's new is the release of the 74 pages

1 hour ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Ok, that is what I thought as my memory isn't what it used to be...lol! Thanks for clarifying! I was a serial "mooner" in my youth, lol!

I guess streaking was legally illegal. I have done that a few times when I was young. Maybe I should be sued and put before the world to ridicule for it? :)

2 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

Dude I'm most likely way older than most of you.  I know the facts....what's new is the release of the 74 pages

"Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning..."

Literally the first sentence. Nothing is new. Everything has been available for over a decade now.

1 minute ago, TheBlackHand said:

Oh yes, the 74 pages of her lawyers report. Not exactly the whole story or the absolute truth. Like I said, if your going to have the attitude that Manning hasn't suffered enough because of this report your pretty narrow minded. Besides may I ask you exactly who are you to judge if he has suffered enough? Were you involved in the lawsuit? Did Manning put his butt cheeks in your face? What horse do you have in the race?

49 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:
8 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

Listen in the scheme of today's newscycle on bad news, it pales.  I remember it well.....I think it's gonna get more light now.   With the entire UT suits happening, more light will be shined

Dude it doesn't matter if it pales it's just being rehashed now because of the racial divide in this country. Again, the faux anger will subside soon just like it did when Kobe and Big Ben had rape allegations, Ray Lewis had murder allegations, Tom Brady left his pregnant girlfriend, Arod took steroids, and Mike Vick killed dogs. It didn't blow up because it wasn't an offense as big as previous sports scandals.

8 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

"Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning..."

Literally the first sentence. Nothing is new. Everything has been available for over a decade now.

They didn't publish it then......did you miss that part?

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Oh yes, the 74 pages of her lawyers report. Not exactly the whole story or the absolute truth. Like I said, if your going to have the attitude that Manning hasn't suffered enough because of this report your pretty narrow minded. Besides may I ask you exactly who are you to judge if he has suffered enough? Were you involved in the lawsuit? Did Manning put his butt cheeks in your face? What horse do you have in the race?

Why are you getting so defensive about it?  I made a comparison of Peyton not getting hounded by it then like he would today in the 24/7 cycle of bad news sells like today.  No pro athlete is squeaky clean.  Peyton doesn't even play for Indy anymore.  You're getting awfully testy 

53 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

Do you know who Shaun King is?

The plaintiff's court argument has been available before. It was covered by USA Today over 10 years ago.

I know who Shaun King is. Yes, excerpts of the document were made available, but this was the first time that the document in it's entirety had been available. It wasn't a non-story. There was new information available and he reported on it. He didn't drag a story back from the dead.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OUM....

It's damning and shocking to everyone who has NOT known about this.     You, as a Colts fan know about this.

But this story has been kept pretty hush-hush for a long time.    Lots of people are learning about this for the very first time.      And to all those people,  it's damning and shocking.

Also,  your assertion that Peyton wrote this book to apologize to the young lady is not reflected in either of the two stories I've seen on this.     The book was written to promote Peyton and to downplay the allegations against him and take more shots at the woman.

She lost two jobs over this.     One at Tennessee,  the other at Central Florida.     The woman has been harmed.   

Also the reference to Likely is a way to say that I don't know if she's been libeled and slandered but as a non-legal expert it certainly looks that way to me.

Can you show me.where her name was used in the book?   Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I know who Shaun King is. Yes, excerpts of the document were made available, but this was the first time that the document in it's entirety had been available. It wasn't a non-story. There was new information available and he reported on it. He didn't drag a story back from the dead.

You said it's not being dug up by bitter Cam fans...

Shaun originally questioned why everyone isn't talking about a smiling Cam with Manning instead of his pouting interview. He noticed a comment on how Manning placed his genitals on a trainers face. He googled it and proceeded to write his article about racial biased in the Super Bowl because no one "cared" about a 20 year old story.

It was a non-story started by a white guy who has been playing a black guy because he was mad "his people" were being attacked.

No one should be surprised about any of this. All of this was known for years. Document or not. The document adds no facts. it is the argument of the plaintiff's lawyers trying to win for their client.

The real issues here is not being discussed at all. The university is under scrutiny for it's handling of sexual assault allegations against student athletes.  The number of recent accusations is at least enough to raise some suspicion that something is wrong

6 UT football players on the roster last season have been accused of sexual assault

Two cases are pending trial

http://wate.com/2015/09/21/rape-trial-for-former-vol-football-player-set-for-oct-26/

Williams, 21, and A.J. Johnson, 23, were both charged with two counts fo aggravated rape and two counts of aiding and abetting rape for the incident that took place November 2014. A 19-year-old woman reported being forcibly raped by both men at a large gathering at a south Knoxville apartment.

The former Vols both pleaded not guilty and were granted separate trials.

A football player says he was attacked by other football players for assisting the woman on the night of the assault and supporting her decision to report the incident

Included in the lawsuit is a claim that Tennessee football players assaulted Volunteers wide receiver Drae Bowles after he assisted the woman who accused Johnson and Williams of rape in November 2014. According to the lawsuit, Bowles took the victim to the hospital on the night of the assault and supported her decision to report the incident. The next day, the lawsuit claims, the fifth complainant in the case says she saw several football players jump Bowles and that “athletic coaches were present” during the attack. The woman whom Bowles helped — named “Jane Doe IV” in the lawsuit — says he was assaulted a second time by the same players in a team facility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/02/10/university-of-tennessee-hit-with-lawsuit-over-athletes-alleged-sexual-assaults/

The office of civil rights launched an investigation of the university this past summer

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/investigations/2015/07/16/feds-launch-sexual-violence-investigation-ut/30251729/

26 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

You said it's not being dug up by bitter Cam fans...

Shaun originally questioned why everyone isn't talking about a smiling Cam with Manning instead of his pouting interview. He noticed a comment on how Manning placed his genitals on a trainers face. He googled it and proceeded to write his article about racial biased in the Super Bowl because no one "cared" about a 20 year old story.

It was a non-story started by a white guy who has been playing a black guy because he was mad "his people" were being attacked.

No one should be surprised about any of this. All of this was known for years. Document or not. The document adds no facts. it is the argument of the plaintiff's lawyers trying to win for their client.

That is so factually incorrect and ignorant that I laughed out loud. Did you read the documents at all? I'm not trying to stir something up but it seems to me that you have a huge underlying problem with race and your using this story for shouting material.

23 minutes ago, Nadine said:

The real issues here is not being discussed at all. The university is under scrutiny for it's handling of sexual assault allegations against student athletes.  The number of recent accusations is at least enough to raise some suspicion that something is wrong

6 UT football players on the roster last season have been accused of sexual assault

Two cases are pending trial

http://wate.com/2015/09/21/rape-trial-for-former-vol-football-player-set-for-oct-26/

A football player says he was attacked by other football players for assisting the woman on the night of the assault and supporting her decision to report the incident

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/02/10/university-of-tennessee-hit-with-lawsuit-over-athletes-alleged-sexual-assaults/

The office of civil rights launched an investigation of the university this past summer

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/investigations/2015/07/16/feds-launch-sexual-violence-investigation-ut/30251729/

Thanks Nadine.   This is the issue at hand at UT.

However, as always,  some would rather make this about an issue that happened 20 yrs. ago.

1 hour ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

That is so factually incorrect and ignorant that I laughed out loud. Did you read the documents at all?

Did you read King's article because that was the beginning of his article. Those aren't my words.

I'm not trying to stir something up but it seems to me that you have a huge underlying problem with race and your using this story for shouting material.

I'm not even going to comment because you have no idea who I am personally. But I can promise your assumption is way off. But I am not going to defend my morals to someone on the internet. My actions in my daily life speak for themselves.

That is so factually incorrect and ignorant that I laughed out loud. Did you read the documents at all? I'm not trying to stir something up but it seems to me that you have a huge underlying problem with race and your using this story for shouting material.

Really? Do we really need to throw out the race card? Not everything is about race nor is everything needed to be made into race or racism. 

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

Literally Google Peyton manning sex assault allegation and you'd see it was picked up in major news sources all over the country at the time. This isn't some colts fan baggage we were keeping secret from the rest of the sports world. You probably just got access to Internet with your newfound fandom and never stumbled upon it yourself.

Did you happen to think that since everything that has came out is one sided and the "facts" are written by a lawyer she paid for doesn't mean everything you read is true? How the hell can someone lose a second job almost a decade later over this? Tough to say someone is harmed when you only hear her half and don't know what she was paid in the settlement on top of 300K from the school. If you think he's responsible for getting her fired a second time I've got a bridge to sell you. Why not sue UCF too?

Youre correct that you are not a legal expert but you are really not educated on anything else for that matter. It would look like libel to you because you're one of the many *s yesterday who read the story and have faux anger over something that happened before we ever heard of Derek Jeter and was reported and settled before we got Saddam. The only difference is now a butthurt cam fan/documented racist published her lawyer's words that were paid for to damage him.

America will act angry again like they did for Kobe, Vick, Big Ben, Ray Lewis, and Brady and then get over it and remember he had a 20 year career afterward and his good (both documented and secret) far, far outweighed the mistake of his youth. I wouldn't expect you to grasp this though.

You wouldn't expect me to grasp this?       What in the world are you talking about?

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you show me.where her name was used in the book?   Thanks in advance

Do you think I have a copy of the book?

Doesn't the story say she was mentioned in the book?      Another poster says the book was written to "apologize to her".....?

I knew attempts to say the Manning did not handle this well would not go over well here.    But some of the responses are curious at best......

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn't the story say she was mentioned in the book?      Another poster says the book was written to "apologize to her".....?

I knew attempts to say the Manning did not handle this well would not go over well here.    But some of the responses are curious at best......

Some one said Manning wrote a book apologizing to her. It should be taken that he wrote a book, apologizing to her in it not that he wrote a book to apologize to her. Understandable confusion.

Meanwhile,  back at the Ranch,  it's now been a week since Super Bowl.

And what a week it has been.

Tony and Marvin elected to the HOF, Peyton a two time SB Champ, and I have a new grandbaby.  A sweet baby girl.  Life is good.

Done arguing about nonsense.

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may want to look a few posts up....

53 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

Did you read King's article because that was the beginning of his article. Those aren't my words.

I'm not even going to comment because you have no idea who I am personally. But I can promise your assumption is way off. But I am not going to defend my morals to someone on the internet. My actions in my daily life speak for themselves.

So you think what Manning did as a college prank when he was 19 is a moral issue? If that's the case shouldn't Mannings issues be with his God and not some media hound?