Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning sex assault allegations

csmopar

14 minutes ago, bababooey said:

THte, the school paid her 300K. Peyton paid her an unspecified amount which is peanuts to him. The NE lawyer that teaches a course in deflategate makes it pretty clear many famous people settle to avoid pre trial discovery. http://on.si.com/1XqH2PF 

again, hope you enjoyed the boos at the superbowl and watching a manning beat your team again on their way to another SB. I pray your kids never get sick and have to be taken care of in Peyton Manning Children Hospital

Exactly what I was trying to point out in my lengthy sermon above, but its good to be repeated as some people just refuse to admit what they know is the truth and need to see it many times so they stop taking things out of context 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

@ViriLudant

None of your facts are FACTS.

All "alleged"

But it is a FACT  that your sole purpose here, is and always has been, to trash Peyton.

You've proven this once again.

Happy Valentines day, to bad someone who needs what is alleged to have happen have it happen  to himself / herself  - Man thats as vocal as I can get - & even mean , not like me

1 hour ago, ViriLudant said:

Gramz, 

nice strawmen.

You are an admitted Peyton worshipper.

Nice diversion attempt .  Peyton's character can be seen from his young adulthood.  

True statement.   I learned from the best. :)

If I really wanted to go * for tat   I could dig up all kinds of rumors on Tom Brady, and using your logic, if it's posted on the internet, it must be true.

But.... I'm not interested in doing that today.  I have better things to do.

You have a nice day, okay.

16 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Who cares about this topic anyway? Like seriously, it's like getting into an argument with your wife and she brings up things that happened 15 years ago. lol

This story, while old, is news because it is being cited as evidence of long standing issues at that university

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/02/13/ut-sex-assault-lawsuit-cites-peyton-manning/80356208/

The UT lawsuit filed by six women identified only as "Jane Does" lists Manning as one of 10 former players accused of sexual assault or other misconduct in making its case that UT's athletics department has a long-standing pattern — that it "deliberately created (and creates) a hostile discriminatory sexual environment for female students" and "acted with deliberate indifference in response to incidents of sexual assault," particularly made against "major sports" athletes.

The focus of the six female plaintiffs is on five additional and more recent alleged incidents of sexual assault. The lawsuit names former UT basketball player Yemi Makanjuola, who was found to have violated student conduct codes by sexually assaulting a freshman woman. Makanjuola has denied those allegations. The suit also cites an unnamed current UT football player accused of sexual assault, an unnamed non-student athlete accused of sexual assault following a party in which the woman was served alcohol by a UT football player, and former football players A.J. Johnson and Michael Williams, who face separate trials this summer in the alleged sexual assault of a female student athlete. Lawyers for both men have denied the allegations.

1 hour ago, ViriLudant said:

I'm sorry, what does your post have to do with this thread?

At least my team made it to the AFCCG.  

We wont hang a banner up for it, though.

But your patriots were sitting at home watching the super bowl just like the Colts. You post a one sided report that is 22 years old just to discredit Manning. You are not that stupid in not knowing this report was not an official report and did not contain unbiased information. That only says one thing. You posted with the full intension to discredit Manning with the intentions to cause argumentative comments in this forum. You are a classic trouble maker.

Sexual assault is sexual assault. I'm sure no one is going to be giving Manziel excuses in 20 years just because he was young. But the timing of this report is dubious at best. Manning is a model citizen now, but he still did what he did. No one is perfect.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:
2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Sexual assault is sexual assault. I'm sure no one is going to be giving Manziel excuses in 20 years just because he was young. But the timing of this report is dubious at best. Manning is a model citizen now, but he still did what he did. 

Yes he still did something bad, the point being he paid for it years ago. It was just a butthurt racist trying to knock him down for clicks on his terrible paper while he was a top story.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yes he still did something bad, the point being he paid for it years ago. It was just a butthurt racist trying to knock him down for clicks on his terrible paper while he was a top story.

I thought there were new accusations/info in this case. Like I said, though, yes the timing is more than suspect.

5 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

This is all being brought up again because Tennessee is on the receiving end of a Title IX lawsuit and Manning is one of the people who is named in the suit. Now are "butt hurt Cam Newton fans" the one filing the suit? I seriously doubt it.

The article and the Title IX aren't related. They just happen to be coming at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

This is all being brought up again because Tennessee is on the receiving end of a Title IX lawsuit and Manning is one of the people who is named in the suit. Now are "butt hurt Cam Newton fans" the one filing the suit? I seriously doubt it.

Shaun Kings article has nothing to do with the title 9 lawsuit at Tennessee 

3 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

Fact:. There are only three legal uses for HGH, none of which have to do with pregnancy (if she even had his children; there's a lot of speculation that she was never even pregnant.  Photos from the month before the birth of their children show Ashley as slim as always).

VL;  HGH is adverstised on TV as a women's health aide..The infomercials are on every day. Its not hidden.

And 'There's a lot of speculation (where?) she was never even pregnant'?  Really?

Because photos show her slim? Oh my Lord. .

Do you know how truly 'conspiracy theory' bizarre that sounds?

I know you don't believe what you said here

4 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

@ViriLudant  you have not posted here in weeks.

You disappeared after the Pats were eliminated.  

You were no where to be found when the Broncos won the Super Bowl, even tho, time and time again you have openly admitted you have Nothing against Peyton (the person) in fact, numerous times you've suggested you'd like to have a beer or two with him.

Yet.... here you are relishing in this 20 year old news. :scratch:  clearly here to try to tarnish his image.  Excuse us if we're a little suspect.

Well done! Eviscerated the troll! 

18 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

The supposed * incident? This allegedly happened 20 years ago and while he played at Tennessee....not really sure why this is being brought up unless it is meant  to tarnish the Bronco's SB victory?

There's no "supposed" incident.     There was an incident.

And then the Mannings violated a court ordered sealed document to trash the woman when they wrote a book about 15 years ago. 

And yes,  it's being brought up because Manning is being hailed as a near perfect hero who doesn't make mistakes.

Well......    these weren't mistakes.    These were powerfully documented and damning charges.

I hope the woman sued and I hope she collected a bundle.

The Manning's (Peyton and apparently Archie) were hugely -- possibly criminally -- in the wrong here.

4 hours ago, bababooey said:

I love hearing how one mistake in his teens shows his character and not the millions of philanthropic and charitable acts during his 20 year career in the NFL. Btw Gisele was slim as ever when Brady's kid was born. Guess that speaks to his character too and that he's always been a cheater? *

It wasn't one mistake, and he wasn't in his teens for either mistake.

Peyton was roughly 20-21 when the incident at Tennessee happened.

And he was a member of the Colts in roughly 2001 when he and his dad wrote a book about his life and violated an agreement to keep court records sealed.      And they likely libeled and slandered the woman.

She's lost not one but TWO jobs over this.

This isn't some he said, she said,  who do you believe type controversy.

This story is pretty damning.     Did the writer over-hype it?    Yes.     Did he sensationalize it?    Yes.    Is he playing the race card?      You bet.       But that doesn't get the stink off of Peyton and Archie.      What they did is pretty damning and pretty shocking.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And he was a member of the Colts in roughly 2001 when he and his dad wrote a book about his life and violated an agreement to keep court records sealed.      And they likely libeled and slandered the woman.

This story is pretty damning.     Did the writer over-hype it?    Yes.     Did he sensationalize it?    Yes.    Is he playing the race card?      You bet.       But that doesn't get the stink off of Peyton and Archie.      What they did is pretty damning and pretty shocking.

NCF;

Peyton wrote a book apologizing without mentioning her name. She made it public that it was her in order to sue him.  It didnt cause her to lose her job. She claimed it did so she could sue. You have to show how you were hurt by the events youre claiming hurt you.

There is no such thing as 'likely libel and slander' that I know of. It either is or it isn't.

Bottom line? To me,. this was juvenile locker room sexual harassment but hardly sexual assault..

The Mannings fought it like I'd expect anyone to because they didn't want Peyton's career to be derailed

Peyton paid to have it go no further not to admit guilt. There's nothing new here since 2003.

This is a case of someone who's 'favorite' got caught in a storm of his own making defecting by citing an incident about a rival.

Its hardly damning and shocking

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Event happens in Feb 1996. Manning born March 1976. That would make him a teenager. Did you even read the article? If you're going to comment at least be familiarized with the subject.

5 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

@ViriLudant

None of your facts are FACTS.

All "alleged"

But it is a FACT  that your sole purpose here, is and always has been, to trash Peyton.

You've proven this once again.

He went out of his way to make sure he used sexual assault several times which can be anything from shoving your butt in someone's face as a prank to forcible rape.  And he was sure to indulge in it. He is the pathetic one here.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You know the "facts of the case" was written by a lawyer paid by the victim, correct?

5 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Don't forget T.E's who shot people talking about old news on a slow off season day has the former NFL TE been convicted ?  

I hav'nt heard any only bring that up if old news is fair game lets take a ride in the way back machine ...

I didn't pay a speeding ticket I got in another state coming back from spring break in 1984.  Alert the press...

I am amazed everyone is going overboard.  This happened in the locker room in 1996 with a female trainer.  I have not read this entire thread before now.

Why did some of you seem to not know this?  Hell I heard it long ago and it has been settled.....enough said.

Peyton is the epitome of class at this point in life.  Everyone on here seems to want to give some NFL players chance after chance.  If so, Peyton has paid it forward in sooooo many ways.  I am proud his name is associated with the St. Vincent's Children's Hospital in Indy.

Damn, I was way stupid back then.....we cannot condone what he did, but college is play.  Apparently the guys knew her well and everyone was laughing.  This woman did not run out.  I know a guy that was on that team....it was bad, but they all were playing around..including the trainer.

5 hours ago, bayone said:

Fact Many settle suits when 1 is innocent, just to avoid long drawn out issues to prove ones case where media takes control of what people hear &

whereby said issue is then repeatably brought up , one always wants to simply end things as fast as possible and somes $ if it is affordable is alot easier, if she had a true case she could of made so much more after he became an NFL qb as could of argued his future earnings be taken in consideration

the USA article from 2003 notes   settlement with the university related to the 1996 incident, , not with Peyton

Again, the entirety of the 74-page document published by the New York Daily Newswas prepared by the lawyers for Naughright in connection with an effort to win her lawsuit against Peyton and Archie Manning. It’s not apparent from Shaun King’s article ( I gave link in my first post ) that he sought comment or a response from Peyton or Archie Manning.  ( that's not unbiased journalism is it )

the author King already had a beef with Peyton after the SB win with this article

King: The racial double standard between Cam Newton and Peyton Manning is on full display after Super Bowl 50 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-super-bowl-50-highlights-racial-double-standard-nfl-article-1.2524445

so u got your 2 rises from  me enjoy, u wont get another I assure u, your comments weren't even worth the time I already took , let alone any more

Sounds like he did something stupid.  They paid her money so they wouldn't have to go to court.  It happens every single day.  She got paid.  If it was so awful, $300,000 wouldn't have been enough for her to scoot away.  It's done.  And Bayone is right, the King guy sounds like a real treasure.

14 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He went out of his way to make sure he used sexual assault several times which can be anything from shoving your butt in someone's face as a prank to forcible rape.  And he was sure to indulge in it. He is the pathetic one here.

Yes, I know.

I would like to point out...   In no way do I think what is "alleged" to have happened is in any way appropriate or acceptable.  That is / was never the angle I was taking.

My Point ~ was that this was from 20 years ago, when Peyton was a 19 year old.  I don't care about the specifics.  I think if it was something worthy of an arrest, that would have happened at the time.   I also know this woman sued the University at the time  and the University settled with her.

21 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Today, sexual misconduct can be brushing against someone's body...back then the rules were not the same as in 2016.....A lot went on back then....just sayin...

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Sexual assault is sexual assault. I'm sure no one is going to be giving Manziel excuses in 20 years just because he was young. But the timing of this report is dubious at best. Manning is a model citizen now, but he still did what he did. No one is perfect.

If he did what was reported calling it a sexual assault is a stretch. I wouldn't call sticking your butt cheeks in someones face a sexual assault. Sorry Qwiz, you can go stand on the soapbox with ViriLudant.

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yes, I know.

I would like to point out...   In no way do I think what is "alleged" to have happened is in any way appropriate or acceptable.  That is / was never the angle I was taking.

My Point ~ was that this was from 20 years ago, when Peyton was a 19 year old.  I don't care about the specifics.  I think if it was something worthy of an arrest, that would have happened at the time.   I also know this woman sued the University at the time  and the University settled with her.

Yeah, not excusing it wither. It was stupid and childish. But I don't think it's worth demonizing Manning. It's certainly not even in the same ball park as rape.

9 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Today, sexual misconduct can be brushing against someone's body...back then the rules were not the same as in 2016.....A lot went on back then....just sayin...

And it's probably for the best. But a littlle perspective goes a long way, and people bringing this up just after the superbowl with no real new information is completely devoid of perspective.

No one should idolize any sports star ......to err is to human.  The writer is looking for his next meal ticket.....the new info about another incident and the entire Tennessee athletics issues shoukdnt come as any surprise to anyone....seems to be the same story with different people.

now if this writer wanted to blow the lid off the patriots success and come forward with a few whistleblowers about Brady's success all being fraudulent due to secret tech assistance.....like fluties story from 2006......have at it.   This would be biggest  story ever :)

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

NCF;

Peyton wrote a book apologizing without mentioning her name. She made it public that it was her in order to sue him.  It didnt cause her to lose her job. She claimed it did so she could sue. You have to show how you were hurt by the events youre claiming hurt you.

There is no such thing as 'likely libel and slander' that I know of. It either is or it isn't.

Bottom line? To me,. this was juvenile locker room sexual harassment but hardly sexual assault..

The Mannings fought it like I'd expect anyone to because they didn't want Peyton's career to be derailed

Peyton paid to have it go no further not to admit guilt. There's nothing new here since 2003.

This is a case of someone who's 'favorite' got caught in a storm of his own making defecting by citing an incident about a rival.

Its hardly damning and shocking

OUM....

It's damning and shocking to everyone who has NOT known about this.     You, as a Colts fan know about this.

But this story has been kept pretty hush-hush for a long time.    Lots of people are learning about this for the very first time.      And to all those people,  it's damning and shocking.

Also,  your assertion that Peyton wrote this book to apologize to the young lady is not reflected in either of the two stories I've seen on this.     The book was written to promote Peyton and to downplay the allegations against him and take more shots at the woman.

She lost two jobs over this.     One at Tennessee,  the other at Central Florida.     The woman has been harmed.   

Also the reference to Likely is a way to say that I don't know if she's been libeled and slandered but as a non-legal expert it certainly looks that way to me.

1 hour ago, Fx Stryker said:

Event happens in Feb 1996. Manning born March 1976. That would make him a teenager. Did you even read the article? If you're going to comment at least be familiarized with the subject.

The "event" is not just the moment,  it also includes everything that happened right afterwards.

Your distinction that he was 19 years and 11 months old is simply.......   pitiful.    You can do better than that.

He was 20 when the fallout happened.      

Besides,  something tells me I'm more familiar with this than you think I am.

3 hours ago, Fx Stryker said:

The article and the Title IX aren't related. They just happen to be coming at the same time.

The article came out because it's the first time the 74-page court document has been released in full, correct? That's why Shaun King wrote the article. Still, it's not like some Panther fans are digging this up because they lost the Super Bowl. It's preposterous for some fans on here to even come to that conclusion and shows the blatant homer mentality that many here posses. It's a real story, over a real incident. Not some fan rumor.