Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning on The Tonight Show w Jimmy Fallon

bababooey

I don't usually care for comedian Jimmy Fallon that much, but the Eli cardboard cut out skit & egg on face game was funny. I applaud 18 for being gracious with yolk sliding off his forehead & down his face.

That takes guts Peyton. Way to handle like a pro. Magic Johnson took it all in stride too. Bravo!  

Peyton's line to Jimmy during the egg game was priceless. Something to the effect of "You know we won right!" 

Peyton is just naturally funny & he can make anybody he is around feel at ease & like they're the important person in the room. You either are born with those 2 gifts or not & Manning is just as cool as a cucumber baby! 

The man could be an NFL GM, TV film breakdown wizard, run for President & win by a landslide, & sell ice cubes to an eskimo. 

12 minutes ago, ruksak said:

It amazes me that there are people who claim to not like Peyton. 

No kidding.  He's so humble and has this hilarious geek/nerd vibe to him.  You can tell he isn't comfortable having people give him all this praise.  He always tries to get the focus of attention off of him and direct the compliments to other guys.  How could you not like the guy?

:spit: That last superlative was hilarious

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

^^^

haha  love it.

@ruksak   I'm with you....  How on earth can people not like him?

It's just jealousy. Back in the day I was always like, how can people not like Magic either because of his personality and smile/laugh? Both Peyton and Magic have a unique knack of making everyone in the room feel good. Peyton has had 1 incident in his whole life and it happened in college when he was still a young silly kid goofing around and the haters want to point to that, now it's HGH by the haters but yet Tom Brady cheats and gets away with it and the same haters defend him to their grave. Peyton's personality is 100 times better than Brady's as well. Peyton just speaks from the heart, Tom seems like a robot and fake a lot when he speaks. The guy is the best player in Indianapolis Colts history and yet you even have a hand full of Colts that don't like him?? Puzzling.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Its funny to see Magic Johnson try to 'recruit' Peyton to play for the Rams.

I don't think Peyton was ready for that

On the contrary, I think he was ok with it being out there. Surely they go over this stuff before hand. 

That was funny. Me and my wife had a good laugh. Even Magic was a good sport. Its a great trait to be self-deprecating when you're one of these famous athletes etc. Peyton's mind has always been his greatest asset and it helps him here in this setting too as he is whitty and funny off the cuff. He has been a good ambassador to the game. Hopefully he continues to be a public figure on a tv pre-game show or something...otherwise I will miss him. Happy retirement Peyton! 

On 2/11/2016 at 6:28 PM, southwest1 said:

You either are born with those 2 gifts or not & Manning is just as cool as a cucumber baby! 

SW1... how many times do I have to tell you. Proper punctuation is important. 

This is a cucumber baby;

Baby-Eating-Cucumber.jpg

"You either are born with those 2 gifts or not & Manning is just as cool as a cucumber, baby! "

Ya see, one little comma and I'm not poking fun at you. Remember this lesson well, sir. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:56 PM, ruksak said:

This is a cucumber baby;

Baby-Eating-Cucumber.jpg

"You either are born with those 2 gifts or not & Manning is just as cool as a cucumber, baby! "

Ya see, one little comma and I'm not poking fun at you. Remember this lesson well, sir. 

You comment reminds me of a Tee shirt I saw it said, "I like to eat my dog and my family."  Then on the back it said, "Don't be a psycho, use commas... I like to eat, my dog, and my family."

On February 13, 2016 at 8:56 PM, ruksak said:

This is a cucumber baby;

Baby-Eating-Cucumber.jpg

Technically, by giving that child such a large cucumber, they could choke on it requiring social services & possible child endangerment charges to be filed. Regarding comas, I wasn't aware this forum qualified as a Freshman Grammar class. As long as I'm not asked to diagram sentences with adverbs, adjectives, direct & indirect objects; nobody will get hurt. Are we clear? haha 

Any truth to the rumor that my high school English teacher mysteriously disappeared after a less than stellar score on 1 of her exams as a student is merely a vivid imagination with no concrete evidence supporting any fowl play. Just saying. 

On February 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

You comment reminds me of a Tee shirt I saw it said, "I like to eat my dog and my family."  Then on the back it said, "Don't be a psycho, use commas... I like to eat, my dog, and my family."

The 1 good thing about being labeled a psycho & using commas incorrectly is this: If people think your odd, different, or a little off, they tend to give you plenty of personal space. So, a lack of commas is not without it's own set of personal benefits CD. :P