Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zak Keefer expects the Colts to release Andre Johnson and Trent Cole

NBColtsFanatic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, COLTBLUE42 said:

ok bro, first off if Pittsburg traded brown & bell, you wouldn't get just one first round pick, so your comparison was terrible. I mentioned a team like Seattle cause they have a high first round pick plus they gave one up last year for jimmy graham. Realistically yeah it would be hard to get a first round for them 2. But maybe a second round pick is more realistic. There you go

Man. I'm telling you. We couldn't get a 2nd rounder. We couldn't get a 3rd rounder. The best we could get for Gore and AJ would be maybe a 5th rounder. And honestly I doubt anybody would even want to trade anything for them.

18 hours ago, COLTBLUE42 said:

I mentioned a team like Seattle cause they have a high first round pick plus they gave one up last year for jimmy graham.

Big difference...Jimmy Graham is still very much in his prime, both Gore and Johnson are past their prime and are showing signs of decline already.  NO TEAM is going to give up any kind of significant draft pick for either one or even a combination of both.  Keep in mind that I believe it was last offseason that Chicago traded Brandon Marshall AND  7th round pick just to get a 5th round pick in return.

14 hours ago, theanarchist said:

???? lets say even if Moncrief becomes a more frequent target than TY, why would you think that the team isn't set at WR? Both players are young, entering their prime, talented guys. Doesn't matter who #1 or #2 is. I hate doing this but they could compare to Marvin/Reggie someday as a great 1/2 combo. They have similar potential.

While Hilton is very talented, I also think he's kind of soft.

Cole was a garbage signing, but I feel Johnson could have definitely been useful if they had utilized him better if the season had gone as planned.

Yes he wasn't the guy of 5 years ago, but Luck getting injured and changing OC's midseason made for a cluster **** season for the majority of our offense in general.

He could have definitely been useful if all went as planned. It was definitely a  case of 'it wasn't meant to be'.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:45 AM, theanarchist said:

???? lets say even if Moncrief becomes a more frequent target than TY, why would you think that the team isn't set at WR? Both players are young, entering their prime, talented guys. Doesn't matter who #1 or #2 is. I hate doing this but they could compare to Marvin/Reggie someday as a great 1/2 combo. They have similar potential.

Moncreifs good but Ty's better. Defenses are  trying to shut down ty. they are trying to stop ty, and let someone else beat them.

Just now, grmasterb said:

No. 1 receivers find separation and hold onto the ball in tight coverage. 

so youre saying hes not a number one wr? his three years straight with 1000 yards and two straight pro bowls say different even without luck for 11 games

Just now, CR91 said:

funny because hilton had 74 yards and td vs the pats this year

Now add up all of the other games they played. They have taken him out of the equation completely on numerous blowouts. He is small and he is affected by really physical play. This is why I think TY is a very good receiver but not even close to being an elite one.

Just now, Live and let live said:

Now add up all of the other games they played. They have taken him out of the equation completely on numerous blowouts. He is small and he is affected by really physical play. This is why I think TY is a very good receiver but not even close to being an elite one.

go check his first two seasons vs the pats then come back to me

Extend Luck, Allen and Fleener.

Sign some offensive lineman.

Release Jackson, Cole and Johnson.

Time to get younger. We need a young running back to pair with Gore. Build the trenches of the offensive line. Bring in some pass rushers and someone to pair Jerrell Freeman with. I say we move on from Adams and Lowery and pair Geathers with a fresh face. Just my two cents.

Good riddance' Greg Toler!

On 11/02/2016 at 6:00 PM, Jason_S said:

well, keep in mind that in the past, the FA WR experiments were mostly necessary.  Now that both Hilton and Moncrief have proven themselves as effective WRs, with Dorsett waiting in the wings, we shouldn't need a veteran WR presence like we have in the past.

TY can totally do that now. He's earned it.

On 2/14/2016 at 9:57 PM, Live and let live said:

He struggle when they jam him hard at the line and he doesn't get open. NE does it every time we meet. Yes, that is soft.

See link below.

On 2/14/2016 at 10:02 PM, Live and let live said:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HiltT.00/gamelog/?opp_id=nwe

Here is the link in case you need help finding the stats.

To the bolded; the game he mentioned was the 3rd best game he has had statistically against the patriots in his career (out of 5).  So in 5 career games he has TWO 100-yard games and 3 total TDs in 5 games.  Maybe you consider that soft, and under-performing, but seems pretty damn good to me.

On 2/11/2016 at 1:45 PM, Indyfan4life said:

Sucks for AJ because I was so excited, but his production was just too bad, even with Luck. I appreciate his contributions last season, but it's obvious he isn't what he was. Best of luck to him wherever he goes. 

To make it worse, he was on the field far more than I realized last year because he was so totally useless.  I said at the time they should have kept Reggie and still believe it and this proves it.  It is unimaginable to think Reggie wouldn't have been FAR cheaper, and given us more than Johnson.  And it would have helped the team while helping him catch Marvin and others to get into the Hall of Fame.. now he will fall short and for what? A horrible season by Johnson... what a sad waste and betrayal of an all time Colt.  

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

To make it worse, he was on the field far more than I realized last year because he was so totally useless.  I said at the time they should have kept Reggie and still believe it and this proves it.  It is unimaginable to think Reggie wouldn't have been FAR cheaper, and given us more than Johnson.  And it would have helped the team while helping him catch Marvin and others to get into the Hall of Fame.. now he will fall short and for what? A horrible season by Johnson... what a sad waste and betrayal of an all time Colt.  

IMO the only thing proved is Johnson was not worth the effort as thought. It was time for Reggie to go. He had become a shell of himself his last 2 seasons here. Injury and age caught up with Reggie and that wasn't going to get any better.