Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

moderators closing threads

maynard327

Moderators closing threads  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are the moderators being to liberal with the thread closings?

• Yes
    • No

It seems to me like the moderators are closing threads right and left these days, and for reasons that are somewhat baffling. I've seen threads closed for some pretty ridiculous reasons. For example, the Randy Moss thread was closed because he retired. I, for one, am also a bit sick of all the 'sign this guy' and 'sign that guy' threads, but that's no reason to close them. We are all here to talk Colts football, right? That includes realistic, factual aspects of the organization, as well as hypothetical scenarios that could potentially apply to the organization. I know that, personally, I spend a fair amount of time daydreaming about different scenarios that could play out for the Colts, such as player acquisitions, injuries, strategy changes, and all sorts of stuff. I'm sure that I'm not the only one either. I fail to see how it's hurting anyone for Colts fans to share their various 'daydream scenarios' with other Colts fans, to get feedback and so on. Sure, some people's scenarios will be way more far fetched than others, and that might annoy a person or two, but there will be just as many that appreciate the post. As long as you're not taking shots at somebody, hurting people's feelings, putting things up that don't belong here, or being a jerk in some other way, then what need is there for the threads to be closed?

On the old forum, I saw several threads get closed (some of mine included), but there was always justifiable cause for it. I might not have like it, but it was fair. On this new forum, I haven't had one thread of mine closed yet, but I've seen several of other people's threads closed for seemingly no good reason. It's not my intention to take shots at the mods or belittle them, just to maybe talk some reason into a few of them. For example, with the Moss thread, it was closed because he supposedly retired. Need I remind the mod that closed that thread about Brett Favre and his numerous returns from supposed retirement? I'm just saying, if the thread isn't hurting anybody, then why close it? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts about this, please!

One, according to the forum rules I don't think you are supposed to question the moderators tactics in the open forum.

Two, I think the moderators are very fair, maybe even a bit lenient on threads. There have been a few threads where, if I were still a moderator or forum advisor, I would have closed but they let them stay open.

i agree. moss will un-retire in a heartbeat if a team has wr injuries and want him. that's not that far fetched. i have always felt any activity on a chat board is good, as long as it's not insulting another poster. if posters don't like a thread, it will die on it's own. if it's popular, it should stay. this is a FAN forum, right? let them decide what happens with threads.

One, according to the forum rules I don't think you are supposed to question the moderators tactics in the open forum.

Huh, really? That sounds like a rule that some ruthless dictator would impose on the people of his country. Like, if you said anything bad about or questioned the motives of Saddam Hussein, you'd be hunted down and beheaded. It's hard for me to believe that's really a rule the mods would put in place. I might not agree with everything they do, but they don't seem like the 'ruthless dictator' type. They mostly seem to be pretty reasonable...

Rule #7

7. If you have a problem with the rules or with moderation, PM (private message) a member of the mod squad. Public discussion of site and forum moderation (including in the blogs) is against the rules.

Please private message a mod with any problems you have.

I don't what circumstances a thread was closed but I assure you its not out of boredom.

and btw this is the colts rule, not any mod's rule.