Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two Bonuses of 2 Million For Peyton

King Colt

He got two million for winning the AFC and another two million for winning the Super Bowl. Seems to me in negotiating he should get a larger amount for winning the SB in a neutral site as opposed to winning a lesser game at home. 19 million in total for the year, not including one free Pappa Johns pizza for the post game cheek-to-cheek.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

He got two million for winning the AFC and another two million for winning the Super Bowl. Seems to me in negotiating he should get a larger amount for winning the SB in a neutral site as opposed to winning a lesser game at home. 19 million in total for the year, not including one free Pappa Johns pizza for the post game cheek-to-cheek.

how would they have known where the AFC CG was going to be played when they worked out the details of the contract?

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hardly. He rode the coattails AGAIN!

Every QB who wins a SB rides the coattails to an extent. The defense has to get stops at most points in time for any QB. Eli never had the Giants give up more than 20 points in both of his SB runs. Just because Eli stunk it up for 3 quarters and managed 2 fourth quarter game winning drives, it does not mean that Eli was the sole reason they won it. The defense still had to make plays when needed to keep the game close. Same case with special teams getting 2 turnovers for Eli vs 49ers in OT in the NFCCG when he kept punting. Same case for Brady. D shut Russell Wilson down starting with the 3rd quarter after he went ahead 24-14. 

Lazy argument. Both the Steelers and Patriots game, Peyton did enough to lead TD drives and win it. The only game he was regressing I felt was the Panthers' SB but the D played at even a higher level than the Steelers and Patriots game thus giving Peyton great field position for scoring. The only other team to score 24 on the Panthers this postseason was the Seahawks but they gave up 31 unfortunately.

Thus, in totality, he earned it.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

how would they have known where the AFC CG was going to be played when they worked out the details of the contract?

He negotiated it before the season when he took a pay cut. He took a 4 million dollar cut that could be made up by reaching certain incentives. Take over 70% of the snaps this year and win AFC CG get $2 million and win SB get another $2 million....so yes...a nice pay day for him.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He negotiated it before the season when he took a pay cut. He took a 4 million dollar cut that could be made up by reaching certain incentives. Take over 70% of the snaps this year and win AFC CG get $2 million and win SB get another $2 million....so yes...a nice pay day for him.

Right.  the poster I responded to said:

Seems to me in negotiating he should get a larger amount for winning the SB in a neutral site as opposed to winning a lesser game at home. 

The contract was negotiated prior to the season starting, and at that time there was no way for them to know 1) If the Broncos would even make the AFCCG and 2) if they did, where it would be played.  So there's no way Manning and the Broncos could have done what was suggested.