Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants-Packers Gameday Thread

21isSuperman

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the 2nd obvious fumble I've seen taken away from a team in less than 24 hours. They took one away from Denver last night on an early whistle and now an easy overrule is taken away. Glad to see the refs are working at a high level!

nothing like a little home cooking

I went to the rest room and missed the explanation. What the heck happened?

They're showing it now. Jennings clearly fumbled it, but there was no call. They let the play go and the Giants recovered the fumble. One ref said it's a fumble, another said it wasn't. And now, Pereira says it's a judgment call. So even though there is clear video evidence, it's judgement call. Nice...

Here's the thing with the onside kick. If the Pack recover, McCarthy is a genius and the Pack have all the momentum. If the Giant recover, he looks like a fool. No one will say "if McCarthy goes for an onside kick here, it's a good decision because...". They want for the result; hindsight is always 20/20

Here's the thing with the onside kick. If the Pack recover, McCarthy is a genius and the Pack have all the momentum. If the Giant recover, he looks like a fool. No one will say "if McCarthy goes for an onside kick here, it's a good decision because...". They want for the result; hindsight is always 20/20

I must be an 'ol fashioned traditionalist, because I find decisions like that to be abhorrent.

I must be an 'ol fashioned traditionalist, because I find decisions like that to be abhorrent.

It's a gamble. The Pack just caught a very good break on the fumble ruling and went down and tied the game. An onside recovery puts the Giant's D right back on the field and a score by GB could really change the entire game.

If the Pack recovered, would you say it's a bad decision?

Yes.

I said the same in respect to the call against us in the SB.

It's fundamentally unsound. Brave, maybe, but stupid nonetheless.

If I rob a bank, you'd say it was stupid, right? What if I got away with it? Still stupid? Yes, still stupid.

I don't like calls like that because they are predicated upon luck.

Yes.

I said the same in respect to the call against us in the SB.

It's fundamentally unsound. Brave, maybe, but stupid nonetheless.

If I rob a bank, you'd say it was stupid, right? What if I got away with it? Still stupid? Yes, still stupid.

I don't like calls like that because they are predicated upon luck.

Alright, that's fair. I just don't like it when people say something after they see the result. Anyone can make the right call when they know what the result will be

That fumble was ridiculous... I've seen waaay too many things go in the direction of the Packers this season. Raiders game-- Kickoff returner goes out of bounds but the Raiders challenge it, and the refs say "our replay equipment is malfunctioning, therefore the ruling on the field stands". I had NEVER seen that happen before, but it did for the Packers. Then this fumble. I don't like when teams need help to win.