Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay has asked Peyton to retire as a Colt

bababooey

On 2/9/2016 at 11:12 AM, King Colt said:

Manning was playing for another team before he was technically let go and everyone knew exactly where he was going and what team he would play for.  

huh?  Manning was released on March 7, 2012.  He signed with Denver on March 20, 2012 after considering a handful of teams.  

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about who retires where...  makes me wonder, :scratch:   where will Adam V. retire?   He was a Pat for 10 years, and won 3 :lombardi: there.   So should he retire a Pat or a Colt...??   It will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say.

You don't retire as a player of any specific. All teams that a players for during his career are recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fall. He will be remembered first as Colt first and Broncos. He's not going snub the Colts or their fans at his acceptance. Good grief he spent the majority of career in Indianapolis he's not going to forget that.  I will also say this Denver won't snubbed either not after what he accomplished there.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

All this talk about who retires where...  makes me wonder, :scratch:   where will Adam V. retire?   He was a Pat for 10 years, and won 3 :lombardi: there.   So should he retire a Pat or a Colt...??   It will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say.

A great question from a beautiful person thank you .

:scratch::dunno:   IMO The team that believed in you & the fans the believed in you & loved you no matter what deserves some love .

Adam V made it big as a Patriot we wanted him based on his clutch performances & he has done a great job replacing our liquored up kicker easily becoming a fan fav we can share our appreciation for the player but recognize the fact had he not been mister clutch in New England we would not of ever seen him in a Colt uni IMO . What ever he chooses I'm cool with .

Peyton Manning  what he has accomplished as a Colt is the only reason Denver wanted him, yes they put the team around him that the Colts management failed to provide & Yes  he has had as much success in Denver SB wise as Indy so where he retires is questionable & that bothers me .

I'm proud of what 18 has accomplished as a Colt 4 years in Denver can't mean as much its not that equal at all , 

The years of the woulda coulda shoulda's 1& dones defensive melt downs & the decade of success the Colts fans were there every step of the way for it all the highs the lows & after we lose our hero he finally does what we all knew he could do ,

From Tennessee to Indy to Denver 18 has proved what we all knew the man is special I don't mind sharing with Denver I just hope 18 remembers how much this City & State has always loved him & hope he comes home to us the fans who never stopped believing in him.

4 hours ago, odessabronc said:

You don't retire as a player of any specific. All teams that a players for during his career are recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fall. He will be remembered first as Colt first and Broncos. He's not going snub the Colts or their fans at his acceptance. Good grief he spent the majority of career in Indianapolis he's not going to forget that.  I will also say this Denver won't snubbed either not after what he accomplished there.

True for Hall of Fame enshrinement, he will be recognized for his accomplishments with both teams, yet he will go in as an "individual".

As far as retiring though, I believe it will only be with one or the other, and at this point it is anyone's guess what he'll do.

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

A great question from a beautiful person thank you .

:scratch::dunno:   IMO The team that believed in you & the fans the believed in you & loved you no matter what deserves some love .

Adam V made it big as a Patriot we wanted him based on his clutch performances & he has done a great job replacing our liquored up kicker easily becoming a fan fav we can share our appreciation for the player but recognize the fact had he not been mister clutch in New England we would not of ever seen him in a Colt uni IMO . What ever he chooses I'm cool with .

Peyton Manning  what he has accomplished as a Colt is the only reason Denver wanted him, yes they put the team around him that the Colts management failed to provide & Yes  he has had as much success in Denver SB wise as Indy so where he retires is questionable & that bothers me .

I'm proud of what 18 has accomplished as a Colt 4 years in Denver can't mean as much its not that equal at all , 

The years of the woulda coulda shoulda's 1& dones defensive melt downs & the decade of success the Colts fans were there every step of the way for it all the highs the lows & after we lose our hero he finally does what we all knew he could do ,

From Tennessee to Indy to Denver 18 has proved what we all knew the man is special I don't mind sharing with Denver I just hope 18 remembers how much this City & State has always loved him & hope he comes home to us the fans who never stopped believing in him.

First, Thank you for the compliment  :hug: that was nice.

Secondly,  I expect  that he'll retire.  And, I think he will simply retire with as little fan fare as possible. I can see why he'd do a one day deal(loves the city, the relationships he built, the majority of the fans, spent what 3-4 times as long in Indy than he did in Denver, but I can also see why he wouldn't.... I could see him viewing that disrespectful to Denver.... some fans are going to be offended no matter what he does, and I will respect whatever he chooses..

On 2/8/2016 at 5:28 PM, King Colt said:

Many sports writers are saying Peyton will become a part owner of the Tennessee Titans and Ely may join in as well. This will most likely be bad news for all Colt fans especially when the Manning work ethic becomes their norm. Recall Manning saying he would kick the Colt's butt every time he played them if they did not draft him. As owner of the Titans he just may have al little revenge up his sleeve for trading him. Could get real interesting.

What a load of nonsense. 

I am from Indy and have been watching Colts since 1985.  I love Peyton and will always love him no matter what his decision on retiring a COLT.  I know one thing if he does I would be so excited and all of Indy would explode.  He is loved by so many here and Peyton knows that, he still has ties here.  

On February 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM, peytonmanning18 said:

Sharper than 99% of my fellow Colts fans.  I don't think there is a dumber fanbase than the Colts.  

When you find that 99% of the fans here are no longer taking you seriously,  and you can't seem to understand why........   just think back to this post and it will begin to make sense to you.........

Goodness gracious.....         :facepalm:

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

When you find that 99% of the fans here are no longer taking you seriously,  and you can't seem to understand why........   just think back to this post and it will begin to make sense to you.........

Goodness gracious.....         :facepalm:

It's a football message board.  Chill out man.  We're not curing cancer here or anything serious.  The sad thing is I really believe that some people on here think that the things they say on here somehow affect the Colts. 

1 hour ago, peytonmanning18 said:

It's a football message board.  Chill out man.  We're not curing cancer here or anything serious.  The sad thing is I really believe that some people on here think that the things they say on here somehow affect the Colts. 

What does curing cancer have to do with you proclaiming to be smarter than 99% of the members of this message board?

On 2/5/2016 at 6:23 AM, peytonmanning18 said:

This whole concept is pretty dumb. 

Couldn't agree more with this.  When players do this, it makes a nice story for local fans for a day or two.  Then beyond that, does anybody really care?  Everyone knows that its meaningless.  I'd be surprised if he does it after just winning a Super Bowl with another team.  I think it's pointless anytime a player in any sport does it.  

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, Jason_S said:

huh?  Manning was released on March 7, 2012.  He signed with Denver on March 20, 2012 after considering a handful of teams.  

"Considering" a handful of teams means he was not closing doors but his bags were packed for Denver and everyone knew it. Now the latest word is if he does go another year or ?? it will be between the Rams and the Texans but again the Rams are in the same division as the Seahawks and Cardinals so Houston is the prime target because it is in a weak division and their defense will be even better next year. I hope he hangs it up but nothing shocks anyone anymore..

17 minutes ago, STLINI said:

Couldn't agree more with this.  When players do this, it makes a nice story for local fans for a day or two.  Then beyond that, does anybody really care?  Everyone knows that its meaningless.  I'd be surprised if he does it after just winning a Super Bowl with another team.  I think it's pointless anytime a player in any sport does it.  

I don't think it's meaningless.  It's a chance for the fans to share the love.  We got some of that when Peyton came and played here the first time.  Everyone criticized the colts for doing a tribute to him but, it's how we do here and it turned out great.  Meant a lot to the fans and meant a lot to Peyton I think.

Anyway, I'm not sure he can do this without offending his bronco fan base so for that reason, and that reason alone, I don't think he will.

Doesn't matter, we'll still put him in the ring of honor and he'll come back for that.

Indy loves Peyton and we'll find a way to show it

5 hours ago, peytonmanning18 said:

YOU'RE the one who insults 99% of people on this message board and YOU ask ME to chill out?

That's a textbook version of not OWNING your stuff.

I simply pointed it out.      

When you drop a bomb like that you shouldn't be surprised at the responses you get.    

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

"Considering" a handful of teams means he was not closing doors but his bags were packed for Denver and everyone knew it. Now the latest word is if he does go another year or ?? it will be between the Rams and the Texans but again the Rams are in the same division as the Seahawks and Cardinals so Houston is the prime target because it is in a weak division and their defense will be even better next year. I hope he hangs it up but nothing shocks anyone anymore..

Um, ok...regardless, Manning was not " ...playing for another team before he was technically let go "  There was a 2 week span in between Manning getting released and signing with Denver.