Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+6) at Carolina (2-7-16)

oldunclemark

Meanwhile, in Patriot-world...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/peyton-manning-is-still-not-the-greatest-quarterback-of-all-time/

"THE MANNING-BRADY ARGUMENT'S BEEN OVER FOR  A WHILE NOW!"

"BRADY HAS THE RINGS! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRR!"

Edit: And of course, this too:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/update-is-peyton-manning-still-the-worst-super-bowl-winning-quarterback-of-all-time/

Yes, as expected "3 TD AND 7 INT" was promptly used to write off his 2006 playoff run, with no context behind that whatsoever.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, as always, 2 > ****. Hell so is 1. Not that it matters, because rings don't mean jack squat.

I'd still take Marino over either of them. Moss is the best WR to ever play without stickum, Barry Sanders is the best RB, Calvin Johnson will retire without one and he's a machine. 

Until Gronk showed up, Tony Gonzalez was undisputed as the best TE to ever play. He never even played in a SB to my knowledge.

None of them have a ring because their TEAMS were usually hot garbage.

16 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Or he'll be a self-absorbed diva who can't handle when things don't go his way. We'll see. He acts like a WR sometimes with all the showboating.

Cam is a very good QB, but he needs to get over himself and learn to conduct himself like a professional.

This is more the truth.

Cam helps to solidify this by:

His celebrations.

His wearing of the Superman shirt and how he calls himself Superman.

Wearing the gold cleats out for Superbowl warmups.

Having MVP written on those same cleats.

Pouting at the post game press conference.

I just don't like him.

3 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Meanwhile, in Patriot-world...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/peyton-manning-is-still-not-the-greatest-quarterback-of-all-time/

"THE MANNING-BRADY ARGUMENT'S BEEN OVER FOR  A WHILE NOW!"

"BRADY HAS THE RINGS! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRR!"

Edit: And of course, this too:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/update-is-peyton-manning-still-the-worst-super-bowl-winning-quarterback-of-all-time/

Yes, as expected "3 TD AND 7 INT" was promptly used to write off his 2006 playoff run, with no context behind that whatsoever.

In all fairness, Brady put the GOAT discussion to rest last year, IMO. The way he brought the team back vs the Seahawks showed me all I needed to see. Brady does do more with less, hands down. He is better than Peyton, as a sum of all parts.

However, Peyton could have benefited from a few aggressive coaching schemes on the other side of the ball and better special teams, or in other words a more rounded team, something Brady enjoyed more than Peyton did, IMO.

Hey look, another bitter Patriot writer:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/fans-boo-tom-brady-super-bowl-mvp-ceremony/

Ultimately, Patriots fans can take solace in the fact that this will only drive Brady more and the hatred is born of Brady’s massive success.

“No, it’s because he’s a CHEATER!!!” Stop lying to yourself.

Yes, because as we know, DeflateGate and Spygate provided Brady with extra motivation, REVENGE, and just rocketed himself to Super Bowl victories those sea.....oh, wait....

(and some day they'll come to realize that success automatically does not equal hatred. It's when arrogance and shadiness begin to rub off and wear thin, for one. If so, everyone would hate the Spurs of the past 20 years, for example.)

9 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Hey look, another bitter Patriot writer:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/08/fans-boo-tom-brady-super-bowl-mvp-ceremony/

Yes, because as we know, DeflateGate and Spygate provided Brady with extra motivation, REVENGE, and just rocketed himself to Super Bowl victories those sea.....oh, wait....

(and some day they'll come to realize that success automatically does not equal hatred. It's when arrogance and shadiness begin to rub off and wear thin, for one. If so, everyone would hate the Spurs of the past 20 years, for example.)

Dude you're obsessed. The Broncos won the Superbowl and all you can do is scavenge the internet for Patriot articles that you can post in the gameday thread?

2 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

And, as always, 2 > ****. Hell so is 1. Not that it matters, because rings don't mean jack squat.

I'd still take Marino over either of them. Moss is the best WR to ever play without stickum, Barry Sanders is the best RB, Calvin Johnson will retire without one and he's a machine. 

Until Gronk showed up, Tony Gonzalez was undisputed as the best TE to ever play. He never even played in a SB to my knowledge.

None of them have a ring because their TEAMS were usually hot garbage.

Using the mentality of how many rings as a bases on who was the greatest is just about as narrow minded as anyone can be. Rings are won by a team. Examples: Dilfer and Big Bens first ring.

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

Dude you're obsessed. The Broncos won the Superbowl and all you can do is scavenge the internet for Patriot articles that you can post in the gameday thread?

Yeah, that's almost as bad as Boston online papers trying do hard to minimize Manning's accomplishments the day after the super bowl.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

In all fairness, Brady put the GOAT discussion to rest last year, IMO. The way he brought the team back vs the Seahawks showed me all I needed to see. Brady does do more with less, hands down. He is better than Peyton, as a sum of all parts.

However, Peyton could have benefited from a few aggressive coaching schemes on the other side of the ball and better special teams, or in other words a more rounded team, something Brady enjoyed more than Peyton did, IMO.

Rings do not make a GOAT. Those are won by teams. There is no answer to who is the GOAT. If in your mind Brady is the GOAT that is due to being narrow minded and overlooking what winning a ring is all about. Take away 2 of those rings from Brady due to the field goals kicked by Vinny and he just has two. You see, it's all perception.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rings do not make a GOAT. Those are won by teams. There is no answer to who is the GOAT. If in your mind Brady is the GOAT that is due to being narrow minded and overlooking what winning a ring is all about. Take away 2 of those rings from Brady due to the field goals kicked by Vinny and he just has two. You see, it's all perception.

In fact 3 of his are due to FGs kicked by Vinny. You can't be selective like that, teams do win SBs. Peyton won all his SBs by double digits and lost all his SBs by double digits, so yes, great teams win SBs and Brady had those great teams earlier in his career.

Brady has the longevity, the consistency, the prolific stats and the SB rings to go with it. Peyton, as great a QB as he was, when he did have the opportunities presented to himself (to tie a game vs the Saints, have 4 chances down 24-28 from 1st and goal in 2007 vs Chargers, take a check down to Edge to give Vanderjagt an easier FG vs Steelers, not throw across the body resulting in an INT vs the Ravens in 2012 etc.), he has come short more often than not in the playoffs. Brady, when he has to drive down the field with the game tied 17-17 vs Rams, when he has to drive down the field with the game tied 29-29 vs the Panthers, when he has to come back from 10 down in the fourth quarter in a SB vs the #1 D that has never done before, rose for all those occasions.

Maybe Brady is not GOAT but he is the best QB of the salary cap era that I see objectively. That is how I see it.

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What a performance by the defense! Congrats to Denver. Good to see that Peyton will go out on top. Very nice win.

@2006Coltsbestever Where are you? You called it all year! Come forward for your MVP trophy.

Yeah I went out of town for a couple of days and left the laptop behind. Thanks NFLfan for the kind words. So glad Peyton got ring #2. The Broncos Defense continued their nastiness. Cam couldn't do anything. Regarding Peyton that now puts him over .500 in the Playoffs to go along with the 2 Rings. His 5 League MVP's will never be matched. Nobody can keep him out of the Top 5 ever now.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I went out of town for a couple of days and left the laptop behind. Thanks NFLfan for the kind words. So glad Peyton got ring #2. The Broncos Defense continued their nastiness. Cam couldn't do anything. Regarding Peyton that now puts him over .500 in the Playoffs to go along with the 2 Rings. His 5 League MVP's will never be matched. Nobody can keep him out of the Top 5 ever now.

I was wondering where you were.. :hello:

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I was wondering where you were.. :hello:

Oh I wanted to be here to talk a little smack while the game was going on believe me but left the laptop behind. I thought about you and several others that were rooting for Peyton. Great day to be a Peyton fan isn't it? Peyton didn't play very well but a win is a win, I'll take it. Tom or Ben didn't play particular well either in 2001 and 2005 respectively. All people look at though is if you win. Just glad I don't have to hear about him choking anymore. That 2nd Ring is huge!

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am fully convinced had Peyton and Belichick for his entire career, Peyton would have at least 4 rings if not more.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am fully convinced had Peyton and Belichick for his entire career, Peyton would have at least 4 rings if not more.

Absolutely. I fully believe that if we switched out Tom and Peyton. Tom would now have 2 rings and Peyton would have 4. Tom had good to great defenses when he won his rings and an agressive head coach who is also a defensive mastermind . Tom is an all time great, but Peyton is too. They just had different circumstances. 

And there ia one thing that people forget easily: teams that pick first in the draft do so because ....(drumroll)..... they stink! The Colts were bad and got the first pick and we're trying to rebuild. Peyton helped them rebuild. Tom was picked by a team that had recently been in the Super Bowl and was a playoff caliber team with a playoff caliber defense. 

Championships take a total team effort in all three phases of the game. I for one am sick of the Peyton vs Tom debate. If you look at their entire body of work, it is quite obvious that they were equals and that they were in a league of their own for the better part of 2 decades. 

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I wanted to be here to talk a little smack while the game was going on believe me but left the laptop behind. I thought about you and several others that were rooting for Peyton. Great day to be a Peyton fan isn't it? Peyton didn't play very well but a win is a win, I'll take it. Tom or Ben didn't play particular well either in 2001 and 2005 respectively. All people look at though is if you win. Just glad I don't have to hear about him choking anymore. That 2nd Ring is huge!

Johnny Unitas has a ring for Super Bowl V and he hardly played. It still counts. And many still consider him the greatest of all time. 

24 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Johnny Unitas has a ring for Super Bowl V and he hardly played. It still counts. And many still consider him the greatest of all time. 

I haven't been on online since Friday and just now getting caught up on the Posts but I am sure Peyton haters and most Patriots fans have been putting their spin on the game on other sites. As in Peyton had a terrible QB rating, worse QB to win a SB, he is Mr HGH, blah blah blah. I couldn't give a rats behind if he only threw for 100 Yards as long as he wins. Same goes for Andrew moving forward. Grigs needs to build a Defense here in Indy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't been on online since Friday and just now getting caught up on the Posts but I am sure Peyton haters and most Patriots have been putting their spin on the game on other sites. As in Peyton had a terrible QB rating, worse QB to win a SB, he is Mr HGH, blah blah blah. I couldn't give a rats behind if he only through for 100 Yards as long as he wins. Same goes for Andrew moving Andrew. Grigs needs to build a Defense here in Indy.

Amen. I don't care if Luck ever breaks a single record. I want a championship team. I'm sure Peyton would rather have had rings than all those records and would probably trade in a few MVPs as well. I am not minimizing the impressiveness of those accomplishments, but the ultimate goal is championships. And I don't think Peyton would have come back after the neck surgery if championships weren't important to him. 

I am with you. Mr. Grigson, build us a championship defense, then an offensive line, amd then watch what a complete team can accomplish as Denver demonstrated.

Just now, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Amen. I don't care if Luck ever breaks a single record. I want a championship team. I'm sure Peyton would rather have had rings than all those records and would probably trade in a few MVPs as well. I am not minimizing the impressiveness of those accomplishments, but the ultimate goal is championships. And I don't think Peyton would have come back after the neck surgery if championships weren't important to him. 

I am with you. Mr. Grigson, build us a championship defense, then an offensive line, amd then watch what a complete team can accomplish as Denver demonstrated.

I meant with Andrew moving forward haha but I think you knew what I meant. I corrected my silly mistake. Anyway, yes in deed we need Defense and O.Line depth. I love our WR's and TE's and I do think Gore can go for a 1000 if everything falls right. I hope we resign Vinny, he is automatic.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

In fact 3 of his are due to FGs kicked by Vinny. You can't be selective like that, teams do win SBs. Peyton won all his SBs by double digits and lost all his SBs by double digits, so yes, great teams win SBs and Brady had those great teams earlier in his career.

Brady has the longevity, the consistency, the prolific stats and the SB rings to go with it. Peyton, as great a QB as he was, when he did have the opportunities presented to himself (to tie a game vs the Saints, have 4 chances down 24-28 from 1st and goal in 2007 vs Chargers, take a check down to Edge to give Vanderjagt an easier FG vs Steelers, not throw across the body resulting in an INT vs the Ravens in 2012 etc.), he has come short more often than not in the playoffs. Brady, when he has to drive down the field with the game tied 17-17 vs Rams, when he has to drive down the field with the game tied 29-29 vs the Panthers, when he has to come back from 10 down in the fourth quarter in a SB vs the #1 D that has never done before, rose for all those occasions.

Maybe Brady is not GOAT but he is the best QB of the salary cap era that I see objectively. That is how I see it.

I can be selective like that? But Manning would have another ring had the drunken Canadian hit a very makeable field goal. You seem to be selective in your comment? You see Brady as the best of the salary cap era? How selective is that? I would put any QB and their numbers up against Sammy Baugh. But dismiss him because of era? You speak of me being selective but yet you are doing it yourself. Then there is Marino. No rings? So because of that he is not in the conversation? The GOAT is all opinion and there will never be an answer.