Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ticket Prices Going Up

crazyrob

The Colts have announced 2016 ticket prices.  Slight increases across the board with the exception of the purple seats (624-629).  The biggest increase is in the lower level.  Guess we gotta pay for luck somehow.

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/tickets/2016-season-pricemap.pdf

Click on the image for a comparison of 2015 and 2016 prices.

Colts_Ticket_Prices.png

I have yet to Attend a Colts game , but i see no issues with the price here. If im paying for the experience its well worth it. My cousin plays for the Carolina Panthers so we got free tickets to go watch him play against the Eagles last year. That was my first ever NFL game and the experience had i paid for the ticket would have been well worth it. IMO

Even with the price increase Colt tickets are still below the NFL average. As long as there is a waiting list for season tickets they will continue to rise. It's been a very long time since the average Joe can afford tickets. The average Joe cant compete with corporate prices that are written off as business expenses.

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Even with the price increase Colt tickets are still below the NFL average. As long as there is a waiting list for season tickets they will continue to rise. It's been a very long time since the average Joe can afford tickets. The average Joe cant compete with corporate prices that are written off as business expenses.

My firm owns a box at all the stadiums/arenas in NY while I'm stuck fighting the scalpers on stubhub for nosebleeds.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Do you season ticket holders have to buy a PSL like we do in NY? When they built Metlife all STH had to pay a one time 10K per seat for both NYG and NYJ in addition to the face value of the tix.

No PSL in Indy. As far as the ticket prices I cant afford to go any longer because I live on a fixed income. When I was working I could fork out enough for a game or two a season but not anymore. I remember reading about those PSLs when it happened and I thought to myself what a rip off deal for those who wanted and could afford season tickets. Maybe I am wrong but it seems greed is at it's best with that. Most of the season ticket holders have given a lot of money to these games just to have a slap in the face like that.

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Do you season ticket holders have to buy a PSL like we do in NY? When they built Metlife all STH had to pay a one time 10K per seat for both NYG and NYJ in addition to the face value of the tix.

Nope the Colts don't change PSLs. I think the was one of the things Irsay wanted to avoid when Lucas Oil was built. 

I had season tickets in 2013 and 2014. I gave them up because all the extras were to much. Hotel room $100-$200 a night, gas to get to and from Indy $50-$75, going out to eat and drink the night before the game $100-$150, and Drinks and eats at the game $50-$75. With a 4.5hr drive each way I thought let's wait a few years and get them again. 

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No PSL in Indy. As far as the ticket prices I cant afford to go any longer because I live on a fixed income. When I was working I could fork out enough for a game or two a season but not anymore. I remember reading about those PSLs when it happened and I thought to myself what a rip off deal for those who wanted and could afford season tickets. Maybe I am wrong but it seems greed is at it's best with that. Most of the season ticket holders have given a lot of money to these games just to have a slap in the face like that.

That's terrible. In NY the Giants fans are a much older, white collar crowd who bought them up. The Jets waiting list went from years to completely open because of affordability. The Jets fans are a much younger, blue collar crowd. Secondary market can be funny around here. If you want to see NYG vs WAS on a Thursday night you're in the stadium for 70 bucks. If you want to see NYG vs NYJ you're in the parking lot for 90 and the building for 170.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

That's terrible. In NY the Giants fans are a much older, white collar crowd who bought them up. The Jets waiting list went from years to completely open because of affordability. The Jets fans are a much younger, blue collar crowd. Secondary market can be funny around here. If you want to see NYG vs WAS on a Thursday night you're in the stadium for 70 bucks. If you want to see NYG vs NYJ you're in the parking lot for 90 and the building for 170.

Just out of curiosity did they charge a PSL for the new Yankee stadium when it opened?

11 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

Nope the Colts don't change PSLs. I think the was one of the things Irsay wanted to avoid when Lucas Oil was built. 

I had season tickets in 2013 and 2014. I gave them up because all the extras were to much. Hotel room $100-$200 a night, gas to get to and from Indy $50-$75, going out to eat and drink the night before the game $100-$150, and Drinks and eats at the game $50-$75. With a 4.5hr drive each way I thought let's wait a few years and get them again. 

Wow, that's commitment! I went to my first game in Indy last year and we drove from Cinci where my cousins live and I thought that was a hike! I live like 60-90 min from Metlife and just go the morning of once a year. Probably go to two NHL games a year for 120 each game, and one or two MLB games for 40 bucks each. I splurge more on concerts in the summer.

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Plus jets home games the club seats on both sides include food and beverage!

On giants home games, the club seats on just the home side include food and beverage.

It's definitely much cheaper to go to a Jets game, which I will be doing next year when the colts come to town.

19 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

That's bigtime! I didn't go to any games last season but before last season usually have gone to at least 1 or 2 a season on average since 1984 when I was a teenager LOL. Probably been to around 40-50 games in my lifetime. To drive 4.5 hours to see a game is bigtime! I traveled once to the Colts on the road and that was at Chicago in 2004 when Peyton had his 49 TD season. Colts smoked them but even that was only a 2.5 hour drive.

2 hours ago, crazyrob said:

The Colts have announced 2016 ticket prices.  Slight increases across the board with the exception of the purple seats (624-629).  The biggest increase is in the lower level.  Guess we gotta pay for luck somehow.

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/tickets/2016-season-pricemap.pdf

Colts_Ticket_Prices.png

Wonder what the club seats cost this year, I'm on the club waiting list, (I'm #639 wooo) and because in 2012 they started club seats on 3 year contracts, they are all expiring this year, they said they expect a lot of contracts to not be renewed so I'll be able to get in this season, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

On giants home games, the club seats on just the home side include food and beverage.

It's definitely much cheaper to go to a Jets game, which I will be doing next year when the colts come to town.

Sounds like the best plan. It does seem strange the difference between the Jets and the Giants especially in the same venue.

24 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

That's bigtime! I didn't go to any games last season but before last season usually have gone to at least 1 or 2 a season on average since 1984 when I was a teenager LOL. Probably been to around 40-50 games in my lifetime. To drive 4.5 hours to see a game is bigtime! I traveled once to see the Colts on the road and that was at Chicago in 2004 when Peyton had his 49 TD season. Colts smoked them but even that was only a 2.5 hour drive.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity did they charge a PSL for the new Yankee stadium when it opened?

I could not even tell you, they have struggled mightily to put a good team on the field lately. They try to squeeze every last drop of cash from the fans by retiring more and more numbers of players on the late 90's team that frankly don't deserve it. I actually grew up in the 4th row on the first base side a few sections to the right of the home dugout because my mom's boss gave us tickets a lot. I think those tickets are now like 80K a year for the four (so 20K per seat over 81 games). They didn't renew when the new stadium was built.

If you catch any of the games the stadiums fill up decently but there are so many empty seats in the lower section and behind home plate., they don't even let the kids go down for a better seat towards the end of the game like they used to when I was a kid. I either stubhub or hit up friends who get corporate discounts. It's like 100 bucks between ticket/train/refreshments if you want an outfield seat on a week night in the summer.

5 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I'll be there too! Let's hope the Colts show up to play this time (0-3 since beating them in the AFC championship in 09). I was at MNF last year when Luck killed the Giants.

Just now, bababooey said:

I'll be there too! Let's hope the Colts show up to play this time (0-3 since beating them in the AFC championship in 09). I was at MNF last year when Luck killed the Giants.

Same I was there as well! lol

Would be nice if this was a Monday night game, but doubtful, I also hope it's not in the middle of winter, i hate the cold, haha.

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Same I was there as well! lol

Would be nice if this was a Monday night game, but doubtful, I also hope it's not in the middle of winter, i hate the cold, haha.

I'd prefer a Sunday at 1 pm, you can tailgate and get warm mid day weather and be home at a reasonable time. That MNF game was fun but I couldn't tailgate as I was in traffic on the GWB the entire time and got there right before the anthem and then didn't get home til 1 am. I've seen Reggie 5 times and finally saw him score a TD (his last one). I went to Giants/Jets on Dec 6th this year a 1 pm game and we were blessed with beautiful weather (like we have been all winter so far).

Feels like it's time for my annual advice....

When buying seats to a football game,  try and sit middle to high rather than middle to low.

The lower you go the less perspective you get.    The players blend into one another.

But the higher you go you see the field as a chess board.     Suddenly the game will become much clearer.

You will see open spots in the defense much sooner than others, and when the ball is snapped and everyone is now moving around,  things will become much more obvious much quicker.

You'll find yourself yelling "He's OPEN!!'   before many others even realize that.

It's a whole new ballgame.     

Buy middle-high,  you'll never regret it!

41 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I'd prefer a Sunday at 1 pm, you can tailgate and get warm mid day weather and be home at a reasonable time. That MNF game was fun but I couldn't tailgate as I was in traffic on the GWB the entire time and got there right before the anthem and then didn't get home til 1 am. I've seen Reggie 5 times and finally saw him score a TD (his last one). I went to Giants/Jets on Dec 6th this year a 1 pm game and we were blessed with beautiful weather (like we have been all winter so far).

Yes, this has been the best winter ever! I prefer the Monday night games because my company has a location in Jersey by the stadium that I can work out of, so easy 10 min ride after work to get to the stadium.

On a side note, did you get hit with that blizzard a couple weeks ago? I'm far enough north of NYC that I completely missed it, not even a flurry!

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Yes, this has been the best winter ever! I prefer the Monday night games because my company has a location in Jersey by the stadium that I can work out of, so easy 10 min ride after work to get to the stadium.

On a side note, did you get hit with that blizzard a couple weeks ago? I'm far enough north of NYC that I completely missed it, not even a flurry!

That's awesome. I'm in Stamford so it's a drive to get to Metlife, especially over the GWB and especially in rush hour. That's awesome you can work so close and not have to deal with that.

We got smoked by the blizzard but just stayed in all weekend, got around a foot I'd say. Not even a week later and almost all the snow is melted. I don't mind the snow bc my gf and I are both CPAs in busy season so any work from home days due to winter weather are greatly appreciated. Luckily our apt complex is garage parking too so no shoveling either. Puxatawney Phil says spring is coming soon!

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's sort of off topic but what is the best game you guys have ever attended? Mine was the 2009 Patriots game here at LOS when we won 35-34.

Mine was Luck's home opener as a rookie vs the Vikings.  The Colts won on a last second field goal.  Luck's first win as a pro!

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

That's awesome. I'm in Stamford so it's a drive to get to Metlife, especially over the GWB and especially in rush hour. That's awesome you can work so close and not have to deal with that.

We got smoked by the blizzard but just stayed in all weekend, got around a foot I'd say. Not even a week later and almost all the snow is melted. I don't mind the snow bc my gf and I are both CPAs in busy season so any work from home days due to winter weather are greatly appreciated. Luckily our apt complex is garage parking too so no shoveling either. Puxatawney Phil says spring is coming soon!

Yea Stamford is pretty far, we have a location there as well. I've worked out of there a few times. Good to hear the snow is melting!

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

Wonder what the club seats cost this year, I'm on the club waiting list, (I'm #639 wooo) and because in 2012 they started club seats on 3 year contracts, they are all expiring this year, they said they expect a lot of contracts to not be renewed so I'll be able to get in this season, but who knows.

I bought a club seat (didn't even realize that's what it was, LOL) for the Colts-Jets playoff game (Peyton's last as a Colt).  What a great seat it was- and the club access?  Woot!

4 hours ago, crazyrob said:

Colts_Ticket_Prices.png

Kind of a bummer, but expected. Thanks for sharing.

I have tickets in the bottom two price levels, purple and orange.

Last year, the purple was the cheapest at $44, and the orange was second lowest at $51.

Purple (624-629) looks to be going up around 6.3% ($44 to $51), while Orange is going down about 9% ($51 to $46).

Best games attended? Too many to pick one. My favorites...

2000 Jags MNF

2003 Titans, 2003 Broncos playoffs

2004 Packers, 2004 Chargers

2005 MNF Steelers

2006 AFCCG

2009 Patriots

2011 Texans

2012 Packers

2013 Broncos SNF

2013 Chiefs playoffs

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a classic. I bet at Halftime you were bummed but then Andrew did his magic. Excellent game to have attended.

Yea, truth be told, we contemplated leaving, because A. the game was bad, and B there was a blizzard coming in the next morning and our departing flight back to NY kept getting cancelled, we were going to try to go to the Airport to get on any flight we could.

Luckily, we stayed, and we also got out on the last flight out the next morning before they shut it all down that contained more airline personnel than passengers, lol. It was weird taking off on a snow covered runway with snow blasting through the air as well.

I have been to 50 games roughly since 1984 but never have been to a Playoff game. Traveled to Chicago in 2004 to watch Peyton put the smokin on the Bears, first game at LOS was in 2008 vs the Texans and we won, but that 2009 Patriots game was priceless. - I was lucky to be there. First game I seen Andrew live was against the Texans in 2013 and we stomped the crap out of them!